Hardware Dock/Charger Dilemma

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry for another Dock/ Charger related thread but I thought maybe there is more information about this nowadays.

I bought the coov ch350 before the bricking stories and it worked just fine with my samsung charger that only gives 5 and 9 volts.
I didn't use it after all the bricking craze when fw 5.0 came out.
Now I want to use a travel setup again but I'm not sure with my old solution.
The safest method would of course be to use my official dock, then I have to buy an official charger because the one in use is behind the furniture.
This method would be very bulky so I hoped there are any Infos about safe 3rd party chargers/docks out now.
I'd like to use some anker or other band ac adapter with multiple usb ports but I read only the official charger and a few others work with the dock.
Is there any other safe combination for on the go or is it the obvious "if you want to be sure use original accessories?

RayD97

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes if you want to be 100% safe, original, Nintendo certified is the best.
HOWEVER, I currently use this portable dock with this charger, and I haven't had any problems yet.

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just get the mobile dock wheel that uses the Nintendo dock internals. It's a simple swap.
Nah if I use the Nintendo Dock I might as well just take the whole thing with me.

I'm still undecided between Nintendo Dock + Nintendo Charger and Coov Dock + Nintendo/Other Charger.

From what I'm reading these coov accessories are quite good and I didn't read about anyone who bricked the switch because of them.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been using a microsoft usb c (pci-e? (3A)) charger for over a year now.
Haven't had any issues.

Edit.
Seems those were the "AC-100E", which are no longer in production....

Last edited by DCG,

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
D

Deleted User

You COULD buy an official doc, and take out the internals. Maybe get a shell printed to put the guts into.

Or even cut down a large amount of the plastic shell. Make it as small as you'd like to.

bixxewoscht

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You COULD buy an official doc, and take out the internals. Maybe get a shell printed to put the guts into.

Or even cut down a large amount of the plastic shell. Make it as small as you'd like to.

Yeah if I find a relatively cheap used one I'll do that. For a second dock that won't be used much a new original one costs way too much.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supposedly the Insignia docks are safe so far, but they aren't really portable enough IMO. Still smaller and cheaper than the official though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay