Gaming Do you think there will be a "Virtual Console" Nintendo Direct before the VC launches?

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that the Switch won't launch with a Virtual Console service, neither did the 3DS or Wii U, but I hope they have a 20-30 minute direct on the Virtual Console and how transfers from the 3DS and Wii U will work. I really think that would be a great idea and they could announce in the direct, when the VC will be available for the Switch. I remember when the 3DS didn't get any VC games until June 2011, which it launched alongside the 3DS eShop with Super Mario Land, Alleyway, Radar Mission, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX, and the 3D Classics version of Excitebike (which was free for a limited time), then we had the Wii U launch the VC, starting in January 2013 with certain NES and SNES games being only $0.30 from January until July. The official Wii U VC launch was in April of that year, if I recall. So I image that the Switch will have a Virtual Console service, sometime between April or May.

Reactions: CatmanFan

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if they revamped the service to be a bit smaller on space. Have a central application for a 1 stop hub for all your vc games, it has the emulator for each console and there would be no need for each game to have the emulator in it reducing size by quite a bit depending on how many games you have from the same console(nes, snes, maybe gamecube =D ). Also allowing for shortcuts to be added to the home menu for those who like it. My only issue is how each game has to have it's own copy of the same emulator in it taking up unnecessary space.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
post-62854-the-rock-it-doesnt-matter-what-TJqt.png

Kidding. I think chances for that are good.

kiais

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they are going to introduce 2 player online for older titles, which I think they are..then a Direct explaining this is not out of the question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-