Hardware do you think the 3ds will share the same fate has...

dulume

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
phantastic91 said:
Weaselpipe said:
phantastic91 said:
bringing the slider down lowers the 3d effect for it to work properly for people and it may annoy those who want the complete experience. i can handle 3d just fine. some people get their eyes hurt regardless unless the setting is so low the 3d effect is practically nonexistent/off. And we're not suppose to put it on max? hahaha I guess i'm been using it wrong then >.>

In case it had escaped your attention, the distance between pupils varies from person to person- hence the slider. Because you don't get "the full experience" with the slider on half, doesn't mean someone else is getting less depth on that setting- their pupillary duistance may be shorter than yours, thusfore full whack on the slider just causes double vision- the slider is there so everybody can enjoy the 3D

QUOTE(Pippin666 @ Jul 21 2011, 04:31 PM) Jesus, ppl starting topic like should start getting banned.

Pip'

Full agreement, I see at least one of these threads a day

that sounds logical but i dont get it completely. the slider may help those who have different pupil distances from what your saying but it brings the two images closer together which makes the effect weaker. lets say the slider is near towards the bottom when the image is barely in 3d. I doubt the person is seeing the same 3d effect as me if i were to see it in 3d. still, not everybody is enjoying 3d even with the slider with all these complaints we're been hearing. -__-

edit: actually reading your thing again, i think your putting too much emphasis on the slider being a way to help those who have different pupil distances. sure that may help (i dont really know) but i think that the slider functions more as a 3d-intensity slider. i have never heard about your pupil reasoning. every time theres a review of a 3ds game or a preview, the slider is always used to talk about 3d intensity. also, the problem is that people CAN see it at max. but it hurts their eyes and they have to lower the damn thing to get it to be comfortable. just today i got xevious on the eshop because the 3d looked incredible in the trailer. I showed it off to someone else for the first time in a while and this is what happened. "3d!!!it looked so real!!!" and then one effen second later "IT HURTS MY EYES" and then he shift it off even after i was explaining how he can adjust the 3d.

I think you misunderstand how people are able to see the world (not only the 3ds) in 3D. The phenomena is called stereovision or stereoscopic vision: each eye sees an object with a slightly different angle due to the gap between our eyes, thus having two different images of the same object. When the brain receives those images it will combine them to process a single one that you will perceive in 3D. It is similar to audio stereo where each ears receive sounds with a tiny itchy delay of time, permitting the brain to recreate dimensions and thus giving us a depth sensation. Now this works if each eye receives clearly it's own image, which is done on the 3ds by the way of the auto-stereoscopic screen sending two images with an angle that corresponds roughly to the average distance between people's eyes... but that's just an average! Some people have a bigger or smaller distance between theirs, so by using the slider you can overcome this difference by adjusting the distance between the two images just as if you would've moved that person's eyes nearer or further one each other... so this isn't meant to increase or decrease the 3d effect, you either see it or not, it's designed to adapt to people's anatomy. CQFD

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dulume said:
phantastic91 said:
Weaselpipe said:
phantastic91 said:
bringing the slider down lowers the 3d effect for it to work properly for people and it may annoy those who want the complete experience. i can handle 3d just fine. some people get their eyes hurt regardless unless the setting is so low the 3d effect is practically nonexistent/off. And we're not suppose to put it on max? hahaha I guess i'm been using it wrong then >.>

In case it had escaped your attention, the distance between pupils varies from person to person- hence the slider. Because you don't get "the full experience" with the slider on half, doesn't mean someone else is getting less depth on that setting- their pupillary duistance may be shorter than yours, thusfore full whack on the slider just causes double vision- the slider is there so everybody can enjoy the 3D

QUOTE(Pippin666 @ Jul 21 2011, 04:31 PM) Jesus, ppl starting topic like should start getting banned.

Pip'

Full agreement, I see at least one of these threads a day

that sounds logical but i dont get it completely. the slider may help those who have different pupil distances from what your saying but it brings the two images closer together which makes the effect weaker. lets say the slider is near towards the bottom when the image is barely in 3d. I doubt the person is seeing the same 3d effect as me if i were to see it in 3d. still, not everybody is enjoying 3d even with the slider with all these complaints we're been hearing. -__-

edit: actually reading your thing again, i think your putting too much emphasis on the slider being a way to help those who have different pupil distances. sure that may help (i dont really know) but i think that the slider functions more as a 3d-intensity slider. i have never heard about your pupil reasoning. every time theres a review of a 3ds game or a preview, the slider is always used to talk about 3d intensity. also, the problem is that people CAN see it at max. but it hurts their eyes and they have to lower the damn thing to get it to be comfortable. just today i got xevious on the eshop because the 3d looked incredible in the trailer. I showed it off to someone else for the first time in a while and this is what happened. "3d!!!it looked so real!!!" and then one effen second later "IT HURTS MY EYES" and then he shift it off even after i was explaining how he can adjust the 3d.

I think you misunderstand how people are able to see the world (not only the 3ds) in 3D. The phenomena is called stereovision or stereoscopic vision: each eye sees an object with a slightly different angle due to the gap between our eyes, thus having two different images of the same object. When the brain receives those images it will combine them to process a single one that you will perceive in 3D. It is similar to audio stereo where each ears receive sounds with a tiny itchy delay of time, permitting the brain to recreate dimensions and thus giving us a depth sensation. Now this works if each eye receives clearly it's own image, which is done on the 3ds by the way of the auto-stereoscopic screen sending two images with an angle that corresponds roughly to the average distance between people's eyes... but that's just an average! Some people have a bigger or smaller distance between theirs, so by using the slider you can overcome this difference by adjusting the distance between the two images just as if you would've moved that person's eyes nearer or further one each other... so this isn't meant to increase or decrease the 3d effect, you either see it or not, it's designed to adapt to people's anatomy. CQFD

i own a 3ds, the slider DOES adjust the DEPTH of the 3d effect....it is not a universal 3d image, if you put the slider closer to off the foreground and background images shift closer together, and yes it did hurt at first....it took some getting used to , but now i will play with full 3d and no pain or discomfort..

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
About the lack of online games: It's a portable system with no 3G (I won't defend Nintendo about that). It's meant to be used while moving around, in the passenger's seat of a car, in an airplane, etc. Most of the time it won't be connected to the Internet, so there really isn't much of a point to online gaming on the system. If I wanted to play online, I would go play a home console.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Krestent said:
About the lack of online games: It's a portable system with no 3G (I won't defend Nintendo about that).

Are people thinking you'll actually be able to play games online through 3G on the Vita?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Krestent said:
About the lack of online games: It's a portable system with no 3G (I won't defend Nintendo about that).

Are people thinking you'll actually be able to play games online through 3G on the Vita?
That's what people have told me (otherwise I wouldn't have made that remark).

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Krestent said:
BlueStar said:
Krestent said:

That's what people have told me (otherwise I wouldn't have made that remark).

I very much doubt that 3G will provide the speed or stability for online action gaming, and playing in a car, bus or train online would be out of the question. Turn-based, maybe.

EDIT: This Sony spokesman seems to think 3G is just for stuff like trophies etc. Not for multiplayer gaming.
http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/tonight-on-th...pot_ngp20110606

10:50: "I think you already know the answer to that. There's really not enough bandwidth on 3G to play an 8 player shooter. 8 player shooter, you're going to have to play on wi-fi. But 3G will have a ton of great social features in every game."

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I can see why you think that tbh..I'm pretty disappointed with some aspects of the console, but I guess that's what you get for buying a first gen. console.

I for one think the shop is appalling:

.It's badly set out, you can't make the majority of the screenshots for games any bigger..so then you have to google the game on the browser to actually see what it looks like (because it's fucking minuscule on the screen).

..The prices are disgraceful for shovel ware games. All the '3DS' releases consist mainly of game and watch reruns.

.And they don't have the initiative to make the most of online gameplay (Star Fox 64 3DS - what a lot of people have been moaning about, and I agree).

Ok ok, sure this is the beginning, hopefully things will get better, but I hope it happens sooner than the next console!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Krestent said:
About the lack of online games: It's a portable system with no 3G (I won't defend Nintendo about that). It's meant to be used while moving around, in the passenger's seat of a car, in an airplane, etc. Most of the time it won't be connected to the Internet, so there really isn't much of a point to online gaming on the system. If I wanted to play online, I would go play a home console.
Just... just no.

It has been years with portables without 3g and they has be doing fine. A portable announced with 3G provided by AT&T (which I'm sure most won't buy that model anyway) after a number years and now wifi is pointless?

You "refusing" to play at home because of a strange reason. Like for you to carry your home console back and forth
from your friend house or anywhere with a wifi connection for that matter.

While I have fun playing over wifi, you have fun paying that 3g service that may or may not have gameplay compatibility.

Completely ridiculous...

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
Krestent said:
Just... just no.

It has been years with portables without 3g and they has be doing fine. A portable announced with 3G provided by AT&T (which I'm sure most won't buy that model anyway) after a number years and now wifi is pointless?

You "refusing" to play at home because of a strange reason. Like for you to carry your home console back and forth
from your friend house or anywhere with a wifi connection for that matter.

While I have fun playing over wifi, you have fun paying that 3g service that may or may not have gameplay compatibility.

Completely ridiculous...
I agree with KingVamp. There is WiFi pretty much everywhere I go anyway. But only 3 connection settings makes me angry.

Pip'

dulume

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
What amazes me DJplace is that you've posted more than 2000 messages that must resemble those in this thread without getting banned. This is an achievement! BTW comparing the 3DS with the VirtualBoy is like comparing a PalmPilot with an Iphone...

D

Deleted_171835

At this point in time, the 3DS's future looks bleak but things will probably change around the holiday season because of a number of reasons
  • Lower price ($169)
  • AAA games are coming out (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land - system-sellers)
  • Cheaper than the Vita
  • Cost about the same as a DSi, to consumers the obvious choice would be the 3DS
  • Advertisements that actually make it clear as to what the system is
Personally, I'm just waiting for some of the good games (mentioned below) to come out. Those games are the reason I purchased a 3DS.
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
  • Paper Mario 3DS
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Fantasy Life (Level 5 + Brownie Brown = awesome)
  • Animal Crossing 3D
  • Smash Bros. 3D

And the system is relatively new.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't anyone remember the DS's state after release? I'm sure some do, but others do not. During the first 9 months before its first price cut, the DS wasn't doing well either. It wasn't until after the price cut along with game releases like Nintendogs, Mario Kart, and NSMB that the system began to be popular. It took at least 9 months before things changed for the DS. The 3DS still has time if "history" has anything to say about it.

Neku_Sakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
i'm think yes i mean not enough games with online (yet...) some of the nintendo brand games don't have online (and i was hoping star fox 64 remake had online) big fucking mistake nintendo...

also i heard from gamestop that starfox 64 reamke is coming 9/11/11 (OMGZ!! the 10th yeah of the twin towers falling...)

i'm going sumbit into this yet.... i think nintendo should stick to putting some games online... but this is my thought's post yours if you want i may have more to post later...
It is going to do just fine. The line up of games is imense and its a brand new console so give it some time. Now Shut Up before i castrate you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.