Hacking Do you think Gateway has jumped ship?

Do you think waiting on Gateway to update will ultimately be fruitless?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

smasbros

Trophies
XP
Country
Why? To sell more cards again, because those, like us, who bought the Gateway, we will need to buy AGAIN the new card, so : more money.

Well, that's bad action for old gatewait users. But that will be due to business needs...:lol:

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why? To sell more cards again, because those, like us, who bought the Gateway, we will need to buy AGAIN the new card, so : more money.
That's fucking stupid. Why would you waste your time making a "new" card when the old one works just fine. If they wanted more money they would just increase the price of the card. GW is not Sky to pull such dirty scams :rolleyes:

Kuin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's fucking stupid. Why would you waste your time making a "new" card when the old one works just fine. If they wanted more money they would just increase the price of the card. GW is not Sky to pull such dirty scams :rolleyes:

Well, you don't know that (and I don't either) I'm just supposing, isn't that what we are all doing on those "GW" threads? :P

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
IF they want to abandon ship, they would close their website.

Why?

Because it takes money to host and leave it running..
Unless they're so focused on the update that they've forgotten to do anything regarding customer relations, but we all know that their CR is the textbook example of what NOT TO BE for a company. Let's hope that they have Auto-Renew.

Besides, if you're really despo, you could always buy Sky/QQ3DS first as a backup, ONLY FOR OFFLINE TITLES. Waiting for my QQ to come in the mail next week, just bought my first plastic plane model kit, so I'll be busy for a short while.

Reactions: 2Hack

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
think about it logically if they really did want to just abandon ship, they wouldn't of done the last few updates, keep 9.2 support back for your new card, keep 9.x emunand back for your new card, that way you would sell more of your new card to people who already own a gateway....yeah keep downgrading back and make sure only people who buy your new card can use it, there is many things they have released recently that would of been much better to hold at ransom for sales of your new card, if they released a new card now that only has n3ds compatibility all they would do is dirty the gateway name and make people not like whatever new card it is they would put out........but nice attempt to rig the poll

lets make a "is sky3ds a good buy?", options A) yes because I'm a f'ing moron B) No because i have a brain..........if your wanting to make a honest poll you don't load the options with personal biased attacks to try stop people picking the option you don't like, its upto people to choose what they think, not the question makers job to try insult people who go against whatever amateur dramatic result they wanted to happen

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
but nice attempt to rig the poll

lets make a "is sky3ds a good buy?", options A) yes because I'm a f'ing moron B) No because i have a brain..........if your wanting to make a honest poll you don't load the options with personal biased attacks to try stop people picking the option you don't like, its upto people to choose what they think, not the question makers job to try insult people who go against whatever amateur dramatic result they wanted to happen

LOL yeah, it seems someone is way too frustrated :rolleyes:

dustmite

Stays Frosty
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Goodbye Gateway (C Dur,4/4)

Goodbye Gateway - farewell my friend
before our love begun, SOON came the end

Goodbye Gateway, what have you done
to our love, that was so tender -
like a cherry blossom in the sun

Now our ways will part forever
and guess what - I will not cry
I will sit at the window and wait
for the postman to bring my new ...

Reactions: ThaDoc and Gadorach

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a more appropriate poll is "Do you think we need yet another thread devoted to Gateway speculation and/or bashing?" The choices should be "No, because there are already tons of them and we should leave the poor horse alone" and "Yes, because I desire attention."

We get it, you're tired of waiting. You spent $60-$80 on an illegal device (at its birth, its only use was for playing backups which is illegal in a lot of places, even if you own the source material). No one owes you anything. There's no document Gateway signed that required them to support the device regularly, let alone indefinitely. Chances are they'll release an update soon™. Anyone who bought a Gateway solely for their N3DS, when it hasn't even been officially supported yet, has no one to blame but themselves.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Go guys vote all for Yes they jumped then we then this survey to GATEWAY. That Fans not believe anymore and then push them to the border :bortz::bortz::bortz:

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to homebrew. It's more rare to have developers that put out information regularly or have a consistent presence than having developers that are more erratic and drop off the face of the Earth for a couple of months. Not saying there aren't some on GBATemp that do have consistent presence, just that they're not very common in the grand scene of active homebrew developers. Some are very busy, other times they don't want to talk about anything until they have something they can actually put out.

jimskeet2002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Where is the bias in the poll?

The facts are that there is complete silence for 25 days... We send emails to the company that we have given them our money and they don't even answer a single email nor give a single announcement for 25 days when they know that the whole community was expecting an update around Christmas since they showed a video of a new 3ds xl running their exploit on November and they said support is coming soon and is still expecting any information about the upcoming update. What good is this silence doing to anyone?

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ever even once thought about yourself as the problem? i guess you shot them several e-mails over gateways livespan, let alone the dozens within the last 4 weeks! yeah, i would not respond to someone ungrateful as you aswell. and buying a gateway for your new3ds before it is supported and now being a whiney baby about it, even making a new thread despite there already existing several of them..... plain and simple STUPID, sorry.
What did you think? that there wouldnt be enough cards produced for everyone? that not giving a release date for the feature has to mean tomorrow? really?
even if gateway dissapears, which is highly unlikely, they gave us so much for the 60 bucks we paid, its unbelievable!
why not buy a shitty sky3ds aswell, play it for 2-3 months, sell it via craigslist and paying 30 bucks for 3 months of an unlimited 3ds-game-subscription! seems more then fair to me

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The fact is that you bought a product with no release date and decided to bash them in a "poll" that has nothing to do with anything rather than venting your butt hurt. Sell your card and buy a Sky3DS. Case closed :gba:

Reactions: 2Hack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo