Gaming Do you still plan on getting Yooka-Laylee for the Switch?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,319
  • Replies 135
  • Likes 2

Will you purchase Yooka-Laylee for the Switch?

• Yes

Votes: 42 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 38.9%
  • Maybe (was expecting a better game / will wait for a price drop)

Votes: 35 27.8%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Their statement about that is interesting. They basically said that the Wii U version was canned because Nintendo refuse to provide technical support to developers on the Wii U now.
Darksiders Warmastered and Cars 3 are going to be released on the WiiU. Playtonic just didn't want to release it on the WiiU. Period.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, because everybody who thinks racism is a sh*tty thing must be a far-left so-called 'sjw', right?
"Everyone who doesn't share 100% of my views is a horrible racist and should be silenced! The internet isn't a place for people to hold their own views!"

Seems strange that simply making a statement based on statistical study makes you a horrible, irredeemable racist. Statistics must be racist, I suppose (or maybe that's just statistics that go against your narrative and ideology).

More on-topic: Yooka-Laylee just seems disappointing, underwhelming, and over-priced. It's a shame, because I thought that trying to bring back some of the great things of the 90s was a genuinely good idea. The various hiccups/etc. throughout development definitely dampened my excitement, and now with the JonTron fiasco, I highly doubt I'll be paying money to play this game. It's sad, because I was genuinely looking forward to it, but this sort of thing happens far too often with games like this, it seems.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
nope, the unity engine just runs terribly on wiiu
They could have worked around it to release it on the WiiU but they just didn't want to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Statistics must be racist,
Facts are racists nowadays. Don't dare to bring them up... unless it's about whites then in that case you can.

Double-standards at its finest.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could have worked around it to release it on the WiiU but they just didn't want to.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Facts are racists nowadays. Don't dare to bring them up... unless it's about whites then in that case you can.

Double-standards at its finest.

Because it would have killed sales, third party games sold like s**t on the Wii U, so it was a wise decision, but there are people who are butthurt XD

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do. It looks great. I've seen many 6/10, and 7/10 reviews, but I've also seen many many more 8/10s. And even more 9/10s, in comparison to the former two.

Also, the Switch version is being handled in-studio, so hell yeah I'm picking it up.

D

Deleted User

OP
Maybe, I'm not sure yet. I'll probably have to play Banjo-Kazooie and maybe Banjo-Tooie first and see if I like those to make a decision on whether I will or not. Even then it might still be a maybe.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Jontron, no buy
No Jontron, no buy
Said , said, said, I remember when we used to sit
Watch you man promoting Yooka Layle
Oba, obaserving now the 'ypocrites
As they would mingle and take your voice away
No Jontron, no buy
No Jontron, no buy
... I oddly expected this after reading his comment about JT.

Reactions: Deleted User

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The low review score wouldn't have stopped me. The removal of Jontron wouldn't stop me either, as him being there or not doesn't really add or take away from my enjoyment. Sorry that I don't care too much about hearing a youtuber's grunts.

However, collect-a-thon as a mandatory requirement to progress? Reading that in the reviews took absolutely all urge to play the game for me. Hated it in Recore, and I regret paying the full price for that backtracking simulator.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i take it you dont have the technical knowledge here
I highly doubt that you do either.

However, collect-a-thon as a mandatory requirement to progress? Reading that in the reviews took absolutely all urge to play the game for me.
What did you expect? How could you not know that that was central to the game until you read reviews?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably pirate it on PC, and maybe get it when it's cheap. I liked Banjo Kazooie, but not Tooie. I hope the camera is truly fixed, because I was getting dizzy just from seeing how fucked up the camera was in reviews, lol. The art style, ugh, it just reminds me of Nuts and Bolts for some reason, which isn't a good thing.

TBH, this is starting to give me Mighty Number 9 deja vu. But not as bad, at least.

Last edited by Viri,

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt that you do either.

What did you expect? How could you not know that that was central to the game until you read reviews?

Normally, playing Banjo Kazooie and it's sequel, I didn't have to go far out of my way to progress the game. Find the jiggies, get stuff along the way, and I'm good. I don't recall having to backtrack that much at all. From what I read in multiple reviews, to progress the game, you need 100 out of 145 pages to reach the end. That's quite a bit. Goes beyond just having the mandatory collectibles like the jiggies. From what I've been reading, it seems like the pages should've been more of an optional feature, rather than the main one, as you'll actually have to stop progressing to find the other pages.

Big Man Tyrone2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Saiyan Lusitano
Would you have been ok with having a watered down inferior port of a game just for the sake of keeping their word? Your disappointment should be directed towards Nintendo for being cheap and making developers jump through hurdles to have their games on the system.

I'm not defending Playtonic and I will not be supporting any of their future endeavors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: