Gaming Do you still plan on getting Yooka-Laylee for the Switch?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,265
  • Replies 135
  • Likes 2

Will you purchase Yooka-Laylee for the Switch?

• Yes

Votes: 42 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 38.9%
  • Maybe (was expecting a better game / will wait for a price drop)

Votes: 35 27.8%

• Total voters

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I believe players have a right to get a refund for any reason they choose.
No they cant, by law no one is forced to give you a refund without a valid reason, did you get the game with all the points you backed it for on kickstarter? if yes then you cant just ask for a refund becuase you felt like it, i know several stores wont refund you at all unless the item is factory damaged, not sure how kickstarter works but i assume they arent forced by law to refund you becuase they didnt break any of the points you bakced the article by and therefor the contract is valid.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they cant, by law no one is forced to give you a refund without a valid reason, did you get the game with all the points you backed it for on kickstarter? if yes then you cant just ask for a refund becuase you felt like it, i know several stores wont refund you at all unless the item is factory damaged, not sure how kickstarter works but i assume they arent forced by law to refund you becuase they didnt break any of the points you bakced the article by and therefor the contract is valid.
That depends on country. Some countries force stores to have much more lenient return policies compared to the US.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That depends on country. Some countries force stores to have much more lenient return policies compared to the US.
well like i said i dont know what law kickstarter actualy goes by but here in portugal unless you have a valid reason a store doesnt need to offer you a refund unless is factory damaged, some due offer you a refund becuase they want, but they arent obligated to do so just becuase you didnt like the product.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well like i said i dont know what law kickstarter actualy goes by but here in portugal unless you have a valid reason a store doesnt need to offer you a refund unless is factory damaged, some due offer you a refund becuase they want, but they arent obligated to do so just becuase you didnt like the product.
IMO do I think people should get refunds from kickstarter? No. But I do believe all of these people asking for it will send a message to the devs. Even if they don't re-add jontron, they need to at least apologize for deleting and banning comments on steam that disagree with their actions. That kind of damage control is not okay to me.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
After all would you feel the same if your child's teacher was saying the same things.
This depends. First, I wouldn't equate a YouTube personality and the teacher of my children. One's an entertainer, one's a teacher - both influential for sure, but the teacher even more so.
Also, would the teacher say (or preach) their opinion in class? Or would they argue with someone on Twitter? If it's the latter, then I wouldn't actually see any problem.

By cutting jontron voice from the game at least, in some small way, this guy is having to face up to his actions, and children are being shown that you cannot simply say whatever you want and it be okay.
Sure, Playtonic can do whatever they want like that. And it's valuable to know that you can't say anything without any consequences, but where's the line? Should the ad revenues be cut from his videos? Should Twitter kick him off the platform? Should Google close his YouTube account? Should he be banned from ever working with other's ever again?
Who else should we remove from various places because they have the wrong opinion? Remove all KISS songs from rock games, because Gene Simmons is a Trump supporter? Where's the outrage for Mafia 2 and their inclusion of Chuck Berry songs, considering he was sent to prison for trafficking? Do they want to be associated with that? The list could go on and on and on.

Considering all the promotion he made for them, the initial hype for an eventual sequel to Banjo-Kazooie, and everything that Playtonic has gained a lot from... to then sever the ties with him a few weeks before release. I just don't think that's nice.
Even if he's an evil person with the wrong opinions. I mean, how dare that Iranian boy with immigrant parents have opinions on immigration?

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This depends. First, I wouldn't equate a YouTube personality and the teacher of my children. One's an entertainer, one's a teacher - both influential for sure, but the teacher even more so.
Also, would the teacher say (or preach) their opinion in class? Or would they argue with someone on Twitter? If it's the latter, then I wouldn't actually see any problem.

Sure, Playtonic can do whatever they want like that. And it's valuable to know that you can't say anything without any consequences, but where's the line? Should the ad revenues be cut from his videos? Should Twitter kick him off the platform? Should Google close his YouTube account? Should he be banned from ever working with other's ever again?
Who else should we remove from various places because they have the wrong opinion? Remove all KISS songs from rock games, because Gene Simmons is a Trump supporter? Where's the outrage for Mafia 2 and their inclusion of Chuck Berry songs, considering he was sent to prison for trafficking? Do they want to be associated with that? The list could go on and on and on.

Considering all the promotion he made for them, the initial hype for an eventual sequel to Banjo-Kazooie, and everything that Playtonic has gained a lot from... to then sever the ties with him a few weeks before release. I just don't think that's nice.
Even if he's an evil person with the wrong opinions. I mean, how dare that Iranian boy with immigrant parents have opinions on immigration?
Well you say the teacher even more so but I don't actually think that's true, while it might be nice to think that our children listen to us and their teachers the reality is teenagers consider our views as old fashioned an stuffy, that's a terrible generalisation and over exaggerated of course but the fact remains we are simply not cool lol.

And the difference is still not that we should censor each and every viewpoint depicted in media as it could be harmful to impresisionable minds but that in this case this wasn't a singer or a character or a sketch, this was a real relatable person stating facts, simply talking or tweeting views that where undeniably racist.

Just because somebody is an Iranian with immigrant parents does not simply absolve them from all racism. This guy stated that "wealthy black people commit more crime than poor white people". That is neither a factual comment or an immigration issue, that is casual racism and I don't want my kids to grow up into a world where being black or white should have any bearing on society let alone discriminate against somebody for the colour of their skin.

Should gene simmons have said that comment in an interview there would have been a media outcry due to the globally accepted recognisition of 'famous celebrity' however when a youtuber states that same comment it is almost unheard about due to the disparity between media fame and social networking fame.

Also you know Mafia 2 has a far different target audience than Yooka laylee, as does GTA from Mario and developers have a responsibility to keep their content and contributors acceptable to the age groups they are targeting.

A 13 year old playing Yooka Laylee has a far less developed sense of what is true and what is simply opinion than an 18 year old and is far more impresisionable because of that.

Just because someone has actively promoted a product does not grant them immunity for repercussions, especially when they don't personally feel they need to apologise or acknowledge their breach of trust and responsibility to their younger audience.

Last edited by Risingdawn,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: