Gaming Do you still plan on getting Yooka-Laylee for the Switch?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 8,253
  • Replies 135
  • Likes 2

Will you purchase Yooka-Laylee for the Switch?

• Yes

Votes: 42 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 38.9%
  • Maybe (was expecting a better game / will wait for a price drop)

Votes: 35 27.8%

• Total voters

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on buying it, but because they got all political and removed jontron I'm not anymore. I'll probably just pirate it on PC. I want to play the game but I'm not giving playtonic any of my money. They need to leave their political ideals and censorship out of their game making decisions. His personal views in no way impacted his professional skill.
Another one salty af about that jon whatever his name is. Come on, grow up ffs.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not willing to suffer not playing the game, then you are not showing any conviction; it's just common piracy. In the end, you are putting yourself ahead as you will be both playing the game, and not spending any money. That is self-serving rather than any meaningful self-sacrifice.
This isn't about self sacrifice. I just don't want to financially support the dev to send a message. I'll gladly pay for it if they make changes to fix their screw up. As I literally just said I pay for basically every game I play at this point because im financially stable and want developers to get money when they deserve it. But frankly playtonic needs to be taught a lesson, especially with them banning people in stream forums for disagreeing with the jontron removal or demanding a refund. The jontron thing I can maybe overlook, but they are digging themselves a hole. I want to play the game because it's a good game, but at the same time the developers don't deserve the money. I honestly don't see what you aren't understanding here.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are saying anyone who disagrees with you should be censored?
I pretty much don't care about people opinions, but try to think this a little, it's pretty damn insane to cancel a preoder or shit on developers just because ONE-SINGLE-DAMN-VOICE was removed. How the fuck does that affects the game? Do they removed something important? No, it was just a voice making weird noices for a few seconds and that's all. It's insane bro, these people are going insane over a voice.

Reactions: DrkBeam

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much don't care about people opinions, but try to think this a little, it's pretty damn insane to cancel a preoder or shit on developers just because ONE-SINGLE-DAMN-VOICE was removed. How the fuck does that affects the game? Do they removed sonething important? No, it was just a voice making weird noices for a few seconds and that's all. It's insane bro, these people are going insane for a voice.
Its not the fact that the game was ruined. It will obviously be perfectly playable. Its the concept of removing someone from a project simply because of their personal political views, which had nothing to do with his professional career nor his performance in the game. That's the reason why.
They want to send a message to the devs by doing this. They aren't doing it because the game is ruined.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not the fact that the game was ruined. It will obviously be perfectly playable. Its the concept of removing someone from a project simply because of their personal political views, which had nothing to do with his professional career nor his performance in the game. That's the reason why.
They can do whatever they want with their game, it shouldnt affect you in any way if you wanted to play it in the first place, no matter if it was due to political shit and giggles.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can do whatever they want with their game, it shouldnt affect you in any way if you wanted to play it in the first place, no matter if it was due to political shit and giggles.
Yes they have the freedom to do what they want, but if a large group of people disagree with that that group has the freedom to show they disagree with that choice and send a message to the devs. Just because you want to play the game does not mean you agree with the way the company is running.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't about self sacrifice. I just don't want to financially support the dev to send a message. I'll gladly pay for it if they make changes to fix their screw up. As I literally just said I pay for basically every game I play at this point because im financially stable and want developers to get money when they deserve it. But frankly playtonic needs to be taught a lesson, especially with them banning people in stream forums for disagreeing with the jontron removal or demanding a refund. The jontron thing I can maybe overlook, but they are digging themselves a hole. I want to play the game because it's a good game, but at the same time the developers don't deserve the money. I honestly don't see what you aren't understanding here.
Of course it's not about self sacrifice for you. You think you are entitled to just have what you want without paying the price.

Yes they have the freedom to do what they want, but if a large group of people disagree with that that group has the freedom to show they disagree with that choice and send a message to the devs. Just because you want to play the game does not mean you agree with the way the company is running.
They don't have the freedom to steal because they disagree. They are free to boycott the game, however. Of course that's too inconvenient for some on here.

Reactions: Quantumcat

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's not about self sacrifice for you. You think you are entitled to just have what you want without paying the price.

They don't have the freedom to steal because they disagree. They are free to boycott the game, however. Of course that's too inconvenient for some on here.
I think you missed the multiple times I stated I pay for games, or the part where I said I haven't pirated the game. Frankly that was a joke to start as I haven't even touched my pc in a while and stopped my piracy a year ago when I got a job and could pay for all my games. That being said I was more making my point about the fact that I, like many others, aren't supporting what the devs have done up to this point and aren't willing to put money into the game. If I truly wanted to pirate the game I probably would have done it the day it came out.

Also that second post you quoted isn't even about piracy, it's about people demanding refunds to send the devs a message ie people boycotting after backing the game on kickstarter

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you missed the multiple times I stated I pay for games, or the part where I said I haven't pirated the game. Frankly that was a joke to start as I haven't even touched my pc in a while and stopped my piracy a year ago when I got a job and could pay for all my games. That being said I was more making my point about the fact that I, like many others, aren't supporting what the devs have done up to this point and aren't willing to put money into the game. If I truly wanted to pirate the game I probably would have done it the day it came out.
Whether or not you buy other games is immaterial. If you want to make a stand, then just don't play it. Those hippies who chain themselves to trees even though they know they're gonna get swabbed with mace are taking a stand for what they believe. Say what you will about their cause, but they show they are willing to make sacrifices for their beliefs. Sitting back and stealing what you want instead of paying for, on the other hand, it is not a noble act.

Also that second post you quoted isn't even about piracy, it's about people demanding refunds to send the devs a message ie people boycotting after backing the game on kickstarter
Fair enough. My mistake.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether or not you buy other games is immaterial. If you want to make a stand, then just don't play it. Those hippies who chain themselves to trees even though they know they're gonna get swabbed with mace are taking a stand for what they believe. Say what you will about their cause, but they show they are willing to make sacrifices for their beliefs. Sitting back and stealing what you want instead of paying for, on the other hand, it is not a noble act.

Fair enough. My mistake.
I never said I was gonna pirate it to prove my point and be noble. Just that I'm planning on not buying the game, and if I did play it i would be willing to pirate it rather than give the devs money. And I'm not pirating the game, it was more to just show my point.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Probably not. I got the PC version by backing the kickstarter. It would be nice to have a portable version of the game, but since it's not coming out on Switch at the same time as the others, I'll just play the PC version.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They want to send a message to the devs by doing this. They aren't doing it because the game is ruined.
Because just as JonTron is entitled to his 'free speech', PlayTonic are entitled to their 'free speech' by exercising their free right to respond. In this case, their right to show JonTron the door.

For the alt-right, free speech seems to only work one way. People seem to think they're allowed to say whatever they want without taking responsibility for what they are saying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You too