Hacking Discussion Do you care about emunand?

Are you interest in emunand

• Yes

Votes: 358 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 106 20.5%
  • possibly

Votes: 53 10.3%

• Total voters

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you care about playing online and not getting banned, emunand is a must! Anybody here that doesn't care about emunand either doesn't care about online play, or maybe they're already banned, or they're ignorant and missing the point.

The Switch sends a lot of telemetry data to Nintendo, and we don't know all of it. If you're installing NSPs to your system for software you haven't bought, it's been said over and over again that you're going to get banned. Even if you don't play these pirated games while you're online, it's possible that the Switch is sending an activity log whenever you go online. Maybe that activity log even includes the certs for the games that were played, I don't know.

BUT with emunand you essentially have a second system. That way you can keep your NSPs installed on that second system, and keep it in airplane mode to prevent it from going online. OR maybe they'll come out with a way of doing console cert spoofing, so you can go online with either no cert or an already banned cert and not worry about your "good" cert getting banned.

Without emunand, if you want to play pirated games and prevent Nintendo from seeing it when you play online, the only safe way of doing so is to make a NAND backup before installing and playing these pirated games, and then restore said NAND backup when you're done and ready to go online. You'd also want to use separate microSD cards. That's a huge hassle in comparison to what emunand would allow.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They voted no because they don't have the efuses, and if they can't have it no one can.
That's their own fault. I've been telling anyone who would listen not to update and sit tight as we don't know what the future holds for certain things. EmuNAND, ability to coldboot and a software hax are examples.

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What is currently missing for having an emumand?
I mean:
1. We need a Partition on the SD-Card (which means sd-card has to be 64GB+)
2. The Switch micro-SD Reader needs to be able to load big micro sd card (there is in one Firmware the update-file for that - right?)
3. a Tool to write the NAND into an image file (which we have already) a tool which can write the NAND-Content to the micro-sd partition (which could be done trough etcher i think...)
4. A command/function which will mount the partition from the \\sd-card instead of \\NAND before booting horizon?

Which means Point 4.
Because we don't know how to access the micro-sd card and it's NAND Partition while/before booting?
Shouldn't it be possibly to make an addon which lets the CFW or hekate or CTCaer mod search and "just" replace the path like \\NAND\ with \\micro-usb0\?

*Disclaimer:
This is not meant in a bad way against the devs or anybody, i just would like to know why it can't work :)

Last edited by Seelbreaker,

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is currently missing for having an emumand?
I mean:
1. We need a Partition on the SD-Card (which means sd-card has to be 64GB+)
2. The Switch micro-SD Reader needs to be able to load big micro sd card (there is in one Firmware the update-file for that - right?)
3. a Tool to write the NAND into an image file (which we have already) a tool which can write the NAND-Content to the micro-sd partition (which could be done trough etcher i think...)
4. A command/function which will mount the partition from the \\sd-card instead of \\NAND before booting horizon?

Which means Point 4.
Because we don't know how to access the micro-sd card and it's NAND Partition while/before booting?
Shouldn't it be possibly to make an addon which lets the CFW or hekate or CTCaer mod search and "just" replace the path like \\NAND\ with \\micro-usb0\?
It sounds simple, right? I'm just assuming we can't do it because "they can't get it working".

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It wasn't meant in a bad way. I'm just interested to know why it can't work :-)
Sorry, didn't mean it in a bad way. I mean, sometimes I ask questions like you just did. But I just trust the devs and hackers to have already thought about those things and would've already delivered them if they could.

Reactions: Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, didn't mean it in a bad way. I mean, sometimes I ask questions like you just did. But I just trust the devs and hackers to have already thought about those things and would've already delivered them if they could.
jep and thats why i just put exactly those minds out into this Thread before opening a new one ;-)

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For example I was thinking yesterday, what if we can redirect the different ports on the Switch, so like maybe have the cart port accept payloads instead of the USB C at the bottom? Then it would just be a case of making a small trinket style payload injector in the size of a game cart that will always sit in the port.
Then we end up with a seemingly tetherless, clean looking exploit that works from cold boot, futureproof, and also a non permanent solderless solution.

But I'm just assuming someone might have already thought of that.

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
since fortnite came out im addicted to it.... call me stupid but fortnite keeps me from hacking my switch.

glad i only did some minimal things in the beginning with homebrew and haven't been banned

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Naewhert isn't going to deliver them because he's still being a little bitch. Reswitched will deliver them along with the rest of their stuff once Atmosphere is finished. Still plenty of scope for someone else to figure it out in the meantime tho.

Reactions: Gameboy Color

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I care about online gaming and i try to buy genuine games. But also, I don't like to buy games without trying them unless they are from a developer i trust. So, yes, I'm waiting for emunand before modding my switch.

Last edited by yacepi15,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think emunand will quickly become obsolete similar to the 3ds emunand
Well, an emunand would be a nice place to sandbox homebrew and stuff in a way that your normal switch nand doesn't have any of those error codes so you don't have to worry as much about connecting your main nand to the web

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?