Do you believe in life after death?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
no can't be life after death. all gods are cruel to thier own belevers to leave them not being able to accept differences in each others religion. god is cruel towards his own belevers for even those who try whith all they have still end upd murdered, or raped. for those who got noach in thier relegion: think of it once, the god you worshipped made a perfect world, a perfect human, and after centuries he just killed them all because of imperfections? really? for those having adam and eve in thier relegion: after eating the wrong fruit you get a death sentence? really? come on! think for once! it doesn't matter what religion you follow it ends all the same. yes i've seen miracles by the name of jesus... then again i've seen likewise by the name of satan, so go figure. then for those almost death experiences: every person who claimed till now has already been in a faith they found fit or thier parents were. just like you don't need to educate a cat how to kill a mouse, cause it's already in him... you can already have any religion deep in your mind just not knowing till you pass out. then for the ghosts and sorts of stories, seeing a ghost in real life is caused by magnetic fields (proven) disturbing our memmories, it's not that hard to guess someones past when you can look him in the eyes, and photo's nor movies are reliable sources, old camara's can have a sort of burn (this works like a memory) in when shutter sometimes failed or in processing films got mixed up. let me know if i missed something. stop using religion as an excuse for wrong behavior towards others. if god is even slightly involved in thier creation why would you be against them?oh and still how joyfull is this life? you really wanna have this life forever in harmony, think of it, you won't feel any love anymore cause that would kill someone elses dream, you can't feel better since everyone is just alike... what kind life is that, praising someone you just only know by a book forever for all his work here? what work here? 4000 years and still at war, 4000 years still hunger, 4000 years still death, 4000 years still slavery, still murder, still rape, etc. paradise is only possible af you stop living a dream and start creating one, just don't forget, your dream might not ever come close to someone else dream, or be the opposite.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anecdotal evidence.
Feel free to spell it however you want. You brought up correct pronunciation, I assumed you'd wish to have correct grammar as well.
Here's sources on the correct spelling (Yeshua)
http://30ce.com/
http://www.thenazareneway.com/yeshua_jesus_real_name.htm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshua_(name)
http://www.gotquestions.org/Yeshua-Jesus.html
It is an anecdote, not evidence. The origin of his name was not in the Roman Alphabet, therefore there is no official correct spelling when transliterated into the Roman Alphabet. I don't know why I must repeat myself here, but there are languages that use the Roman Alphabet in which 'J' is pronounced as 'Y', including English in its earlier days. For example, Johan Sebastian Bach has his first name spelled leading with a 'J', but is it pronounced "Joe-Han"? No, it is pronounced "Yo-Han". We don't change the spelling of his name just because the 'J' is typically pronounced differently in English, we accept that spelling with Roman characters and then pronounce it the way it is meant to be pronounced. Same with the name Jørn Lande. Or Janus. All of those names have correct spellings in the Roman Alphabet as the language of origin uses the Roman Alphabet, and we accept those spellings as correct even though their pronunciation does not match what would be expected of modern day English. Jeshua, on the other hand, has a name that does not originate from the Roman Alphabet and, as far as we know, he did not give us an official spelling for it, therefore there is no one official correct spelling, but rather you have attempts to accurately reproduce the name phonetically in the Roman Alphabet, of which there are multiple ways to come to produce the same results.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is an anecdote, not evidence. The origin of his name was not in the Roman Alphabet, therefore there is no official correct spelling when transliterated into the Roman Alphabet. I don't know why I must repeat myself here, but there are languages that use the Roman Alphabet in which 'J' is pronounced as 'Y', including English in its earlier days. For example, Johan Sebastian Bach has his first name spelled leading with a 'J', but is it pronounced "Joe-Han"? No, it is pronounced "Yo-Han". We don't change the spelling of his name just because the 'J' is typically pronounced differently in English, we accept that spelling with Roman characters and then pronounce it the way it is meant to be pronounced. Same with the name Jørn Lande. Or Janus. All of those names have correct spellings in the Roman Alphabet as the language of origin uses the Roman Alphabet, and we accept those spellings as correct even though their pronunciation does not match what would be expected of modern day English. Jeshua, on the other hand, has a name that does not originate from the Roman Alphabet and, as far as we know, he did not give us an official spelling for it, therefore there is no one official correct spelling, but rather you have attempts to accurately reproduce the name phonetically in the Roman Alphabet, of which there are multiple ways to come to produce the same results.
I'll concede a "J" could be pronounced with a "Y" sound, but will you concede "Yeshua" is a more correct (not to mention, more common) English spelling of His name?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll concede a "J" could be pronounced with a "Y" sound, but will you concede "Yeshua" is a more correct English spelling of His name?
I concede that Yeshua is also correct. I would have happily conceded that from the start.

The thing is that the name Joshua is basically the modern day equivalent of Jeshua, so I personally prefer to spell it in the way that resembles that name. (All those Joshuas in the bible should be Jeshua; it was a common name of the era). Others are free to prefer different spellings, but Jeshua is the one I most prefer.

Reactions: Haloman800

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning