XP
Country
United States

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The psp is fail. My little brother got one after ignoring me when I told him to get a DS instead.
Now hes stuck playing old ass games and constantly asking me if there are any good rpgs, I just laugh at him (this kid only plays jrpgs and action adventure games).
lol.
PSP = majority of games are jRPG / action adventure.
NDS = majority of games are "Imagine: Horses"

EDIT: This makes me sound like a sony fanboy, but I'm not. I loved my DS before I sold it. ;p

Reactions: 1 person

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
List them plz, or i will consider your post to be a fanboy comment.
Not being a dick or anything, but it's fact that ds has way more shovelware than psp (hence, he mentioned the imagine series, which is THE shovelware for the DS :P). DS might have pokemon, but there's no way I'd compare the psp's jrpg collection to that of the ds.

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
they're still a lot of localization game upcoming soon; USA release:

22/11/2011 - Corpse Party Blood Covered (no stupid dub or censor shit this time!)
14/02/2012 - Hakuoki Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (otome vn game)
21/02/2012 - Grand Knights History (RPG by Vanilla Ware - mmorpg??)
??/??/2012 - Black Rock Shooter (RPG)
??/??/2012 - The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Second Chapter (RPG)
??/??/2012 - Final Fantasy Type-0 (hopefully will be localized but pretty high chance if u sneak into iso file..)

and many more if i found any news...

gamemazter12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe this guy has a ds. had a traumatic experience with the psp hahaha

No..... I don't think so. In fact, the PSP is a major breakthrough for the portable gaming. :P

BUT I THOUGHT THE DS IS THE GREATEST HANDHELD SYSTEM EVER MADE.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Well most of good games including black rock shooter and project diva series are japanese only so some people (me included) can't have full experience before some translation comes up.
DS has lot's of shovelware which adults buy to their little kids but it also have much larger/wider library of great game titles.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well most of good games including black rock shooter and project diva series are japanese only so some people (me included) can't have full experience before some translation comes up.

Citation needed.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not reading 12 pages of this topic. I don't even own a PSP.

If development, production, and marketing costs are exceeded by gross sales revenues, then technically its a success for Sony.

This is business ... Capitalism!! ... so really that's the bottom line ... did it profit? The N64, for example, was considered a 'fail' by many a Sony fanboy 15 years ago because the Sony Playstation outsold it. But the reality was, on console and 1st party game sales Nintendo made astounding profits on N64. So it was a fail from the teenage gamer perspective, but a huge success for the corporation.

Whether the PSP made Sony a profit or not, though, I'm sure to the average legit consumer the PSP has been a massive fail. Which is why I think the amount of hype the VIta is getting among young hack/mod/flashcart gamers is exaggerated. You might be looking forward to the next awesome emulation powerhouse (once it gets hacked), but most PSP owners are probably thinking 'nope ... not making that mistake again.'

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Alrighty, let's see...

Sales Worldwide as of November 2011 (According to VG Charts, in millions):
1. Nintendo DS - 149.32
2. Nintendo Wii - 89.50
3. Sony PlayStation Portable - 70.85
4. Microsoft Xbox 360 - 57.91
5. Sony PlayStation 3 - 55.39

...where is the fail again? The PSP sold better than the 360 so-far. Not only that, the Wii, which has barely any "top shelf", core games sold better than the 360 or the PS3, so go figure.

Your definition of "fail" doesn't really correspond with sales charts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE