Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
rurudtsafg said:
Yeah the PSP is a fail if u want a handheld with quality games(gameplay wise) go with the DSi.
ThetaSigma10 said:
Kingdom hearts BBS = the holy grail of psp games.

1270287000508.jpg

chartube12 said:
I have a psp. Guess what I bought it for? classic games. But now the wii is used for that. The only thing the wii is missing is ps1 games.
I would continue to use my psp if the battery didnt die every hour. New battery and charger and it still wont hold a charge. Add the umd drive broke a month after i got it and u get a failed system.
Both DS and PSP have more system's sold than games. Whats that tell yah? It's a pirates dream. Yet the DS still has games that out sell the PSP. They are both filled with bargin bin trash. psp as good games you can get else where on other consoles. Same goes for the ds.
Of the psp games I want to play, there are equalents on other systems. Naruto, dbz, racing games and rpgs just to name a few. When comes down to it, the psp has less games I can't anywhere elese or can't get alternate equals to. The psp fails in unige gaming department. So does the ds for that matter. The PSP fails there more.

Quality games you say? There are loads of them, Monster hunter being one fo the best. Unique games you say? Mercury, Invizimals, R-Type Tactics, the list goes on bro. Battery life problems? Hardware issue, thats something wrong with your 1 PSP out of how many millions?

QUOTE(JBW @ Apr 16 2010, 07:07 AM)
I own a PSP and I agree, a fail console which could have been so much more. I only use it for films and sometimes music. PSP Go is even worse, Its basically a PSP 3000 without the UMD slot and it costs £100 more.
angry.gif

Yes there could have been more for the PSP but have you modded yours? If not your missing 90% of its potential right there. Also yes, the Go was a terrible Idea.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PSP battery life starts at like 8 or 9 hours.
I've had mine for over a year and it's degraded to about 7 from a full charge....that ain't bad at all.

The PSP doesn't have as many 'good' games as the DS, but the best games for PSP easily rival or beat the best for DS.

For the longest time my only PSP game was Crisis Core, and honestly that game alone made my PSP completely worth buying. But it also has quite a few other fun games too.

I'm sure if my PSP could be modded, it would be even funner.

The PSP could never be a fail, especially for how much power the damn thing houses and is only a handheld. The graphics of some games are absolutely astounding.

and yes, everyone already agrees the PSP Go is the biggest waste of time ever.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
The PSP isn't fail, Virtual Boy is.
tongue.gif

But seriously, the PSP isn't so succesfully, because of CFW and stuff. Almost none of the big game developers want to make games for it, because it just gets pirated anyway. It still have good games though and a lot of emulators
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted User

Splych said:
No I don't agree.
When it isn't modded, it isn't worth the money it is going to be paid for, but once it is modded, it's value is worth the amount you pay for it.
I agree modding it definitely increases its value. I also think the console on a whole is not a fail, but parts of it is like UMD video discs are fails

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't agree at all, especially not since I've recently bought one. There is just sooooooooo much content for it. It's amazing. Honestly, if I want to thoroughly play every decent game it has to offer, I would be busy with it every day for the next 2 years. It's crazy! GBA,SNES,PSX,PSP, heck even GB(C) interests me!

Nalmontes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People say there aren't many great games for the psp but I disagree, there are tons:

Monster hunter
Persona 1-2-3
Kingdom hearts
The 3rd birthday
Tactics ogre
Disgaea 1 and 2
half minute hero
Cladun
Final fantasy 4
dissidia duodecim

There's so many that its hard to count, Its great for RPG fans like me

Reactions: 1 person

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Of course the system is "dying" just like NDS. A new gen console is coming out so they're slowly just starting to ignore the older gen.

On to the point: Imo NDS>PSP when excluding piracy/homebrew.

I don't mean PSP is/was a total failure, it had it hidden gems worth playing/paying for but I could mention ten times more better games on the NDS than on the PSP out of my head.

E* We're resurrecting this thread, for another view at PSP & it's succes so far.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What's with the necrobumping Satangel? This thread is over a year old.
What's with the necrobumping Satangel? This thread is over a year old.

This^
I saw I hadn't posted here, so I decided to share my opinion. I've only had a PSP for 6 months now, so I can finally form an honest and correct opinion on this matter. I rather post in an already existing thread than posting a new thread with the exact same information.
I could have safely posted a new thread, and I doubt anyone would notice it, but I hate having the same information on a forum 2, 3 times.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude in no way is the PSP a failure.
@OP

The only things wrong with the PSP are
-The joynub is garbage on the 100X.
-battery life is crap. I get about 4 hours maybe on the lowest screen brightness. I also might need a new battery lol
-Sound is kinda crappy. Even though there is a huge range, the increments are too nuanced. The loudest loud is not all that loud and the softest soft isnt all that soft.

BUT
The PSP library isnt ALL that bad. There are some standouts
FF4 complete collection, Dissidia/012, Patapon/2/3, Gods Eater Burst...etc.
On top of that, PS1 classics can almost all be played (depending on the compatibility of you CFW).
Futhermore, NES, SNES, Genesis, GB/C/A and tons of other consoles can be emulated.

The super cheap PSP 100X and 4GB card i got for a total of $70? Best and easily smartest $70 ive ever spent.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the PSP only failed everywhere except Japan.

If you don't mod your PSP, don't like RPGs, and don't need a portable multimedia device, the PSP is virtually useless.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was a Nintendo fan for years, had my trusty DS lite w/R4 everywhere I went.
Got a PSP Go less than a month ago, sold my DS to help get it. Don't regret it at all.
This thing is great. If it couldn't be hacked, that would be another story. I can't be bothered to buy all the UMD's I own AGAIN on PSN.
And also,

/pirate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up