Hacking do only black ds lites have yellow touch screens?

Have you ever seen a nintendo ds with a yellowish touchscreen?

• No, all the nintendo ds I tried were OK.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. It was a white nintendo ds.

• Yes. It was a black nintendo ds.

• Yes. I've seen black and white nintendo ds with a yellow touch screen.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Is it that disturbing? I mean, when you play, does it hurt your eyes?
I can't really know, I guess I have to see the difference with my own eyes to compare the 2 screens...

I have a black lite and I've indeed noticed that some screens may look yellowisher than on the phat (Mario Kart on "Yoshi Falls", New Super Mario) but actually everything looks more vivid so... it looked great to me...

Do I have a yellowed-screen lite? I wonder... but if yes, it's far from being disturbing...

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the problem is that both screens aren't the same! if both were a bit yellowish, it wouldn't be such a big problem for me... when playing brain age or just when booting up the ds you notice a big difference between the screens and that's really annoying! and i have seen so much videos and pics of ds lites that have perfect white screens, so why should i accept such a crappy yellow one?!? maybe i'm a bit picky, but if it's possible to produce white touchscreens, than nintendo is just lazy or has a really poor quality management!

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendo just uses cheap-ass screens.
A friend of mine also has a DS lite black and didn't
notice his yellow screen until I told him.

Reading this forum just makes you picky.

If I get my dead pixel DS lite back from amazon
I will accept the not-that-disturbing yellowness.

Seems only one in a million DS black is perfectly white
on both screens.

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
:'( you are probably right... got ds lite number 7 today, screens again have different colors, but the touch screen is acceptable (slightly yellow touch, but no smokers' yellow like the ones i had before). think i will accept it this time, it just doesn't make sense to try another one (all 7 ds lites i tried had a yellow screen, it just seems impossible to get a white one, at least here in germany...). time to enjoy my new ds lite... besides the screen issues it's a damn sexy piece of hardware with alot of nice games!
yaynds.gif

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
:'(Â you are probably right... got ds lite number 7 today, screens again have different colors, but the touch screen is acceptable (slightly yellow touch, but no smokers' yellow like the ones i had before). think i will accept it this time, it just doesn't make sense to try another one (all 7 ds lites i tried had a yellow screen, it just seems impossible to get a white one, at least here in germany...). time to enjoy my new ds lite... besides the screen issues it's a damn sexy piece of hardware with alot of nice games!Â
yaynds.gif

So all you did was call nintendo and tell them you had a yellow screen and got a new one?

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got my new DS black from amazon today.
No more dead pixels, but still the little yellowish stain at the top of the touchscreen.

Even the lik sang dude has a yellow tint on his DS white in his videos so I assume it's (un)perfectly normal.

I'm gonna live with it

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
right, for now I'll live with it because most games don't use white screens anyway. tetris looks perfect btw.

If I should get any dead pixels or the black ds screens improve I will either send it to nintendo Germany or toss it out on ebay around christmas hehe.

I called the German Nintendo HQ yesterday and they were like: "wooot, yellow touchie, we NEVER heard of anything like that but you are very welcome to sending us your DS lite - we'll have a look at it"

Luckily we have a 2-year warranty on all electronics up here in Europe - so it's good to have some time for any decisions being made

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
right, for now I'll live with it because most games don't use white screens anyway. tetris looks perfect btw.

If I should get any dead pixels or the black ds screens improve I will either send it to nintendo Germany or toss it out on ebay around christmas hehe.

I called the German Nintendo HQ yesterday and they were like: "wooot, yellow touchie, we NEVER heard of anything like that but you are very welcome to sending us your DS lite - we'll have a look at it"

Luckily we have a 2-year warranty on all electronics up here in Europe - so it's good to have some time for any decisions being made

Never heard anything about a yellow touch screen? How bizarre. I want a new DSL
sleep.gif

bobbyblunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I remember reading a post somewhere where a guy had installed flashme and it turned his touchscreen yellow.
Also there's a thread at maxconsole with a guy saying he returned a lite because it had a yellow TOP screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1