Hacking Do not update your Switch and find a 1.0 if you can

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Yup i'm on 2.1.0, its better than being on 3.0.0, can't wait to see the great stuff we can possibly get in the future!
It's a pirates life woot!
i decided to also stay on 2.3.0 for now.

i will only then buy pokken to update to 3.0.0 when there is some very cool exclusive stuff for 3.0.0

Reactions: Tsubakiandou

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
i decided to also stay on 2.3.0 for now.

i will only then buy pokken to update to 3.0.0 when there is some very cool exclusive stuff for 3.0.0

Are you sure, why would there be exclusive stuff for 3.0.0 but not 2.1.0? :huh:
, less things were patched on 2.1.0 overall unless there is a really important update from Nintendo that actually improves the switch :switch:

Last edited by Miles54321,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buying a Switch to keep on 1.0 is the most retarded thing ever. There are plenty of cheap, and more importantly, open devices out there that are better suited to homebrewing, why sacrifice a mainstream console to do so? It's almost as bad as getting a PS4 to keep on 1.76.

Reactions: Scott Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

Buying a Switch to keep on 1.0 is the most retarded thing ever. There are plenty of cheap, and more importantly, open devices out there that are better suited to homebrewing, why sacrifice a mainstream console to do so? It's almost as bad as getting a PS4 to keep on 1.76.
Insert Star Trek Q joke: Why? Because I can! Wahahaha!

Last edited by ,

warren_briones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Are you sure, why would there be exclusive stuff for 3.0.0 but not 2.1.0? :huh:
, less things were patched on 2.1.0 overall unless there is a really important update from Nintendo that actually improves the switch :switch:

Apparently it was the patches inside 3.0.0 where they found the exploit. This is the reason why people are updating to 3.0.0 as previous versions do not have the exploit.

ROhan will only work on 3.0.0 -- their security attempts on that release is what made it possible.

Reactions: yardie

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Psst, it's called piracy.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Rudy69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 3.0 and I'm probably going to update it soon..... I'm not sure I can resist Stardew Valley and I KNOW I'm not holding out after Mario comes out

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're the retard here. Why do you care what people do with their own money?

Also show me a mainstream console that's as powerful as the switch and portable at the same time.

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with 1.0 is that it has no browser. It will take some time to find a primary entrypoint that doesn't rely on it. And who knows if anything will even be released for 1.0? Right now the devs are all coding for 3.0 and because most people interested in homebrew are on either 2.x or 3.0 that'll likely be the firmware most people will be coding for for the foreseeable future, until someone discovers an exploit in newer firmware. Look at how long it took for the 3DS to get an entrypoint for 2.x, and that still relies on the browser. The only thing that works on 1.0 is the Cubic Ninja-based NAND dumper, because even though 1.0 is less secure, there were so many changes between it and later firmwares that things have to be coded specifically for it to work. For most of the 3DS' life only 4.x and then 6.x and 9.x were hackable.

It is possible to get a browser open on 1.0.0.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psst, it's called piracy.

Heh. Kiddies looking for easy piracy of the catalog are going to be mighty disappointed when some flashcart rips them off with the promise of "more software soon!".

We have very little software access that (a.) can be pirated (software has already transitioned to the new crypto, and anything on the eShop has been SoL for months), (b.) can't already be pirated elsewhere (WiiU/PC), and (c.) doesn't have a major online component which will get your Switch permanently banned from their servers.

But who am I to tell people how to spend their money unwisely on empty promises from hacks who steal the work of other devs just to dump cartridges with no purpose other than eventual emulation/loaders. ;)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
show me a mainstream console that's as powerful as the switch and portable at the same time.
There's nothing powerful about the Switch, it's just a slightly faster WiiU. Just like the WiiU was just a slightly faster Wii. Also, it doesn't even have a real d-pad so it's completely crap for most emulators, unless you want to carry around a controller with it. I guess none of that matters though since all most people care about here is piracy.

smilodon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's nothing powerful about the Switch, it's just a slightly faster WiiU. Just like the WiiU was just a slightly faster Wii. Also, it doesn't even have a real d-pad so it's completely crap for most emulators, unless you want to carry around a controller with it. I guess none of that matters though since all most people care about here is piracy.

The switch is still pretty powerful for a handheld, topped only by some high end smartphone and some other devices like the gpd win.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow youre an idiot, why mention wiiu when im talking about power/portability here
show me a console as powerful as the switch while being portable at the same time

Also the WiiU played mario cart at 720p while the switch plays it at a full 1080p
theres nothing slightly powerful about that

your reply was useless

Last edited by yardie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...