Hacking Do I update my 3ds xl?

Super D 123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, can you please provide some advice as to wether I should update my son's 3ds xl?.

I have a Gateway card with Omega downloaded on it so he can play multiple games on one card. The trouble is that when our WIFI is turned on, his ds says ready to start system update every time he turns it on.

I fear that the Gateway card wont work if this system update is done. He really wants to use the you tube app that keeps popping up in Nintendo E shop.

Does anyone know if it is ok/not ok to do this system update and will the Gateway card stop working?

Thank you

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi everyone, can you please provide some advice as to wether I should update my son's 3ds xl?.

I have a Gateway card with Omega downloaded on it so he can play multiple games on one card. The trouble is that when our WIFI is turned on, his ds says ready to start system update every time he turns it on.

I fear that the Gateway card wont work if this system update is done. He really wants to use the you tube app that keeps popping up in Nintendo E shop.

Does anyone know if it is ok/not ok to do this system update and will the Gateway card stop working?

Thank you
Don't update, there is a .3ds version of the youtube app available online if he wants to use youtube.....but DO NOT update

Super D 123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi gamesquest1,

Thanks for your reply, you have saved me hours of blood sweat and tears that it has taken for me to get the gateway card to work.

I have tried to find this app you speak of but I can only find the download from Nintendo E shop, which wont allow me to download it unless I update the 3ds xl first.

Can you please give me the web address for this app as I have tried to find it but no success so far.

Thank you

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it is a scene release, no official download file, you can just get anywhere
you will have to search it via google to find a download link for that .3ds file, linking to the file or pages that host it is forbidden here

edit: but maybe... if you check here, which is only a release list... http://3ds.essh.co/
you may be able to find out some stuff, like which group released it and this might help you in your search to find this particular .3ds file
( *cough* BigBlueBox *cough*)

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's against the rules to link rom here.
Not sure if youtube is considered rom per se...but better safe than sorry.
Incidentally, you might find what you're looking for by googling "Youtube.EUR.3DSWare.3DS-BigBlueBox"

Edit: Oops, that one's a .cia file, not .3ds. The .3ds filename is "YouTube.EUR.eShop-ER".

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's not it's the erips version I believe, the bigbluebox release was a .cia release
Release name was YouTube.EUR.eShop-ER, and file name is er-jytp.3ds

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
seriously... search for " .3ds e-rips youtube" can't make it any way easier for you without breaking the rules... its the goddamn first 2 google entries >.<

edit: "er-jytp.3ds" is the filename

edit2: are we allowed to say what they have to google for? I mean, we arent allowed to post links, but basically writing, what you have to type into google, is basically already like posting a link >.<

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
edit2: are we allowed to say what they have to google for? I mean, we arent allowed to post links, but basically writing, what you have to type into google, is basically already like posting a link >.<

gbatemp warez logic is the same as the chaos emeralds on sonic 06

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.