Hacking do I even need rednand?

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Every iosuhax fork should have signature patches. If you have a working fw.img that's all you should need. You'll know if it doesn't work if wupinstaller refuses to install
Ok so i guess i do have everything i need to test this, i already installed vWii Homebrew Channel using that fw.img.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so to run the signature patch just boot fw.img with cfw booter and when it ask to format just hit home?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unfamiliar with fw.img that asks to format. If it's for rednand, I haven't used any of those. I am using a build that was compiled before rednand was available

Reactions: zeldaism

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all you want is to remove sig checks, you don't need rednand. Legit tickets can be installed and the games can be run without issue from sysnand. Illegitimate tickets and DLC also do not require rednand, just just require iosuhax. Titles installed with hacked tickets will simply not boot until you run iosuhax, then they will work just fine. I haven't tested DLC yet but I'm about to
Does this means I can just download a DLC and install it with rednand and it can run with the sysnand version of that game?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sysnand can be sig patched just like rednand. But it is not sig patched from boot until coldboothax is released, so you have to run iosuhax every time you start the system to run games with fake signatures

Nico143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just tried with Mighty switch force, on USB from sysNAND: worked successfully!

To make it clear for anyone confused (supposed you're on the wiiu menu and you have the CFW Booter homebrew on your SD Card):
1) put fw.img (any should do it, but be careful where you find it) to the root of the sd card
2) Launch Internet Browser then Homebrew Launcher (on loadiine.ovh)
3) Load CFW Booter, the screen will become red with "Welcome to redNAND" then "Initializing" written on it, don't worry, it's gonna launch that fw.img file
3a) Wait like 10 seconds, the wiiu will reboot to the menu.
4) Launch Internet Browser and the Homebrew Launcher again
5) Now Load "WupInstaller Mod y"
6) Press X to install your Eshop game/DLC on your USB or external HDD
6a) If it worked, you should see the install is in progress
7) Once done successfully, press home, you're gonna be redirected to Mii Maker: press Home then WiiU Menu
8) ????????
9) Profit !!

I know my english isn't that good for tutorials, but that's how i proceeded accorded to what Kohmei said, just wanted to make it easier and clearer for you all, i hope it is now~

PS: The game/dlc will probably no longer work once you shutdown the console, if so:
Repeat the steps 2 and 3 then lunch your game/dlc from wiiu menu. Simply easy.
PPS: Once you did steps above, as long you keep your wiiu on, you can just repeat steps 4 to 7 for each content you want to install separately.

Last edited by Nico143,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there were just large assumptions being made by the community since it's mostly blind-leading-the-blind here

Rednand seems generally useless for Wii U because you will never be able to update it without bricking the Wii U, which is the one bonus that rednand would provide -- being able to update to latest FW without losing entry points

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To make it clear for anyone confused (supposed you're on the wiiu menu and you have the CFW Booter homebrew on your SD Card):
1) put fw.img (any should do it, but be careful where you find it) to the root of the sd card
2) Launch Internet Browser then Homebrew Launcher (on loadiine.ohv)
3) Load CFW Booter, the screen will become red with "Welcome to redNAND" written on it, don't worry, it's gonna launch that fw.img file
7) Once done successfully, press home, you're gonna be redirected to Mii Maker: press Home then WiiU Menu
8) ????????
9) Profit !!

I know my english isn't that good for tutorials, but that's how i proceeded accorded to what Kohmei said, just wanted to make it easier and clearer for you all, i hope it is now~
Awesome thanks! I'll try tomorrow!

Reactions: Nico143

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2) Launch Internet Browser then Homebrew Launcher (on loadiine.ohv)
3) Load CFW Booter, the screen will become red with "Welcome to redNAND" written on it, don't worry, it's gonna launch that fw.img file
8) ????????
9) Profit !!

That sounds a bit risky for some reason, it's not that I doubt anyone, oh no, but I'll wait till more people try that out before I try it myself.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
s4194n.jpg

Last edited by wolf-snake,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1