Hacking DLDI: Where do I get it, and how do I install?

laserjock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use some plugins such as the twitter plugin, and it says the DLDI is missing or something to that effect. What is the DLDI and how do I get it, install it, and set it up?

laserjock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I found it here from a google search and patched the twitter nds file, but it also says, in the error message, that I have to set up a config file, as per documentation, but where is the documentation for the twitter and the the bunjaloo plugins? Both, after being patched, still fail to run?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you talking about a slot-2 Supercard by chance ? The one with the SD card slot ?
If so there is a file that you are supposed to put on the root of the SD card and will enable DLDI patching on the fly to whatever homebrew you are running.
It's been a long time and I'm not too sure were to find this file anymore, but it definitely exists.

laserjock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the tutorial on DLDI patch tool through google but on this site, and did it, and edited my config file so that now it works, but it is saying that it can't access the AP now. I have internet enabled and wireless enabled, so I don't know what the problem is.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One thing to check is whether you're using a DSi or later and using WPA or WPA2 encryption on your wireless access point. DSTwo runs all homebrew in DS mode, not DSi, so it accepts only unencrypted or WEP-encrypted connections for outgoing WiFi/Internet.

laserjock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah! That solves it! Since I live in a populated area, I'm not going to use WEP, oh well...

Thank you for being thoughtful and pointing this out to me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played