Hacking DJ Hero 2 Mic

shadowtroop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this seems rushed, I'm doing this entire thing on an iPT.

I'm using cfg USB loader running an old version of ios222.(
(not that old)

What do I need to do to get dj hero 2 to recognise my mic?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try installing the most recent Waninkoko cIOS with Base 56 (best to slot 248). That works for many games that use USB.
Unfortunately I can't remember the combination of bases for USB in Hermes right now, try the Waninkoko solution first. If it still doesn't work post back, by then I'll either have remembered the Hermes or asked my roommate about it.

shadowtroop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a FAT partition so I have to use Hermes 222/223/224. (Has that changed?)

I tried installing 224 base 37 using cios 236, but DJ Hero still doesn't recognize my mic.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shadowtroop said:
I'm using a FAT partition so I have to use Hermes 222/223/224. (Has that changed?)

I tried installing 224 base 37 using cios 236, but DJ Hero still doesn't recognize my mic.

What do you have in 223? That's the slot I used for games that need USB until I switched to Waninkoko. Have you tried using that slot?
And try using Waninkoko, the two don't interfere with each other and FAT works with Waninkoko to. I think FAT support is in the libogc library nearly all homebrew uses, not in the cIOS.

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is that microphone Logitech(GH/RB/just Logitech/COD Headset) one?
It should work with any cIOS but with Hermes' you can unplug and plug it back after game is started.

shadowtroop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonic0509 said:
Is that microphone Logitech(GH/RB/just Logitech/COD Headset) one?
It should work with any cIOS but with Hermes' you can unplug and plug it back after game is started.

It's the one that comes with the DJ Hero 2 Party Pack (Labeled DJ Hero...)

Unplugging it doesn't help.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry, I totally forgot that I have DJ Hero 2 lying around. Got the microphone to work with it with the slightly weird combination I needed for some Karaoke game.

It works for me with Hermes 5.1 with base 57. I installed that in slot 224 but you can use another one if you need your 224 as it is.

Btw, the mic I used is the Logitech one that came with Guitar Hero World Tour, but that shouldn't make a difference because both should be standard USB microphones (with their own soundcard).

shadowtroop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crash aand buuurrn.

Time to get specific.

What USB loader are you using
What version
Is your copy of DJ Hero 2 NTSC or PAL
What settings were set by the setter who does the setting
What is your credit card number and issue year
What is your dentist's mother's maiden name
What system menu are you running

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For your information, DJ Hero 2 uses IOS57 so it would make sense to use a CIOS with a base of 57 to get the microphone to work so for example, use cIOS249 (or whatever slot you choose) rev20 base 57.

Bat420maN

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.freeforums.org
XP
Country
United States
224 base 57 is what I have it working on. The strange thing is I have the exact same version of 224 on two other Wii's and neither of those the mic will work. I need to figure out why it's working on one but not the others.

shadowtroop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found the problem. Apparently it was Configurable USB Loader. I'll just have to use USB Crasher GX until then.

Thank You all. You were all helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1