Hardware DIY Sensor Bar

Inyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone made their own sensor Bar?
Does it have to be the same size as the orginal? all the one's I see seem to be the same length of the orginal.

I was thinking about make one that has enough cable slack that way I can put it at each end of the Display? to improve radius. (playing baseball smack the son upside the head a couple of time, not good for the wiimote, those things cost money)

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think if you want to improve radius, you need to bring the "sensors" closer together. The way the wiimote sees the sensor and knows how it's further away or closer is because it measures the distance between the two LEDs. If you were to move the LEDs further apart, it would make the wiimote think it was very close to the bar, thus making for wider movements in order to get to the edges and corners of the screen. Putting them closer together would require less movement. Understand?

Inyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I understand what you are saying.

The area to make a larger motion is not an issue (plenty of game room space), but the sensor only allows a small area in front of the display. What I want to do is increase the range and radius of the sensor. so wii can stand further apart.

I know I don't need to make a full swing, just a flick of the wrist would do, but where the fun in that. I know my daughter loves get free shots on her brother as well.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying you want to increase the cable's length? That's simple enough, just splice it with some more wire.

There is also the possibility that a company has already made an extension cable for the sensor bar, but I don't know of one to be sure.

Chronics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROFL!?!! Is ur son mentally retarted? as hitting him in the head couples of times...ahah well i seen some homemade at youtube..check there

Inyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That sounds like a good idea use some aligator clips and a pig board... that might be a good way to test... Thanks now just need to find some good IR's...

Inyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but don't need any extentions. The issue is to increase the area that the sensor covers in all directions, not move the sensor closer.

airrich

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think you'd have to make your own then. probably some more powerful ir leds and more juice powering them?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(playing baseball smack the son upside the head a couple of time, not good for the wiimote, those things cost money)
Well if it's just for the Wii Sports Baseball, I don't think that little game uses the sensor bar at all for gameplay. Could be mistakened though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o