Gaming Dissidia_Final_Fantasy_USA_PSP-iND

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
specialjerm said:
I love using Tidus. In fighting games, I tend to favor speed over raw power. I'm okay with Cloud, but I can't beat a special battle piece on the second playthrough of his story. I'm working on Zidane's story right now.
Yeah, I'm starting Zidane's story later today. Just got a PSP extended battery kit for my 3K, so I'm charging that up. It was sweet, got like $130 for my old games at EB Games. Store credit only, which sucked, but that's ok.

And as for speed over raw power, I can agree somewhat. I mean, I like a tank and all, except I like to be quick. However, I hate having feather-light hits like what Onion Knight has... but I had a thought: Who does the voiceovers for Onion Knight? He sounds like Sora from KH1 almost, especially when he yells "Fire!".
unsure.gif
Where can I get an extended battery kit for a 2K? I'm tired of playing for about 3-4 hours before charging.

The only thing I don't like about "tanking" in a fighting game is that characters made for tanking are usually slow. I agree with the feather-like hits thing. I prefer speed cause it finishes opponents off faster. I'd rather use a slow, powerful character than a fast, incredibly weak character. That's why I like Tidus and Zidane.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've played for about an hour a day over the days that this game was released, and it's actually really hard. I'm playing as the first guy, not absolutely sure what his name is. Warrior of light? Anyway, it's hard beating a lot of the bosses. Haven't played with anyone else yet.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Cablephish said:
I've played for about an hour a day over the days that this game was released, and it's actually really hard. I'm playing as the first guy, not absolutely sure what his name is. Warrior of light? Anyway, it's hard beating a lot of the bosses. Haven't played with anyone else yet.

Play as Cloud, he's scrub class.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Cablephish said:

Play as Cloud, he's scrub class.
There is also Cecil. He's about the same level.
yaypsp.gif

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
yes, yes i remember that cecil and cloud was really good and easy to play, cecil has two modes and his aerial attack kinda like almost certain hit, and it's also freakishly fast, his dark knight was very powerfull too, Cloud is well Cloud, wotl is a bit harder to use, but fun nonetheless

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Play a few skirmish games, level up to five before beginning that character's campaign. You'll have a much easier time against enemies and be able to meet the DP requirement in most cases.

One thing I don't understand about this version is that it seems to unlock the Chaos battle after completing even one campaing. And then you get the same FMV each subsequent time.

Another would be why the onion kid cannot equip some items. That was his whole gimmick from the original games. It would be at least one small step toward not making him suck. I've been playing each of the characters in succession, so I'm up to him and he's definitely the slowest to level up and get anywhere. Battles seem to run so much longer and become more annoying when playing him.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure the unlocking shade impulse after one story was because people don't want to play through with every single character. I didn't like that I had to do it in the JP version, and I'm glad that you don't for the NA version. Still I don't think you can get the bonus stories (for Shantoto and Gabranth) without finishing with everyone else.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:
Another would be why the onion kid cannot equip some items. That was his whole gimmick from the original games. It would be at least one small step toward not making him suck. I've been playing each of the characters in succession, so I'm up to him and he's definitely the slowest to level up and get anywhere. Battles seem to run so much longer and become more annoying when playing him.
What do you expect? Onion Knight is the hardest character to complete the story for.
tongue.gif

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
specialjerm said:
Where can I get an extended battery kit for a 2K? I'm tired of playing for about 3-4 hours before charging.
EB Games/Gamestop sells them for $40 or so. The new PSP extended battery kit is for PSP 1K, 2K, and 3K.
This may sound stupid, but an extended battery kit means it lasts longer right? I just wanna double-check before buying it.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, m liking this game 100x over the Japanese version, mainly because i can understand the skills and items now, so its got that addictive quality. So far, the only thing im not liking is Firion's voice >_>. JYB was the worst possible pick for him, i keep waiting for him to yell out "BANKAIIII"

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Onion Knight isn't terribly hard to play with, I find that light warrior (first guy) much harder. His campaign is 5 stars, no wonder.

Cecil was really easy, and a breeze, actually.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
ComplicatioN said:
Does the Japanese save happen to work?

i dont think so
BUT
Dissidia Final Fantasy: Universal Tuning
coming out NOV.1 should be able to load jap saves

QUOTE said:
145653-image353.jpg

Destructoid.com
Hey, Dissidia's finally about to come out -- sounds like good news, doesn't it? Well, if you already preordered a copy, you may be interested to know another version is already being planned, called Dissidia Final Fantasy Universal Tuning. WTF?

According to Siliconera, a teaser site has opened for this version of the game. It will include the arcade mode Square Enix added for the Western release, tons of new character tuning options (over 100), and English voice acting with Japanese subtitles. Nothing you need, but leave it to Square to make an international version just so completionists have to import yet another game.

Any save data from the regular version of Dissidia will be transferrable to Universal Tuning, and this special version will also be released at retail and through PSN.

http://www.destructoid.com/wait-a-sec-what...g--145653.phtml

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh