Hacking [Discussion] Smash WiiU Modding and Help Center

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of my skins are not working on 8 player smash. Guys how do I make them work?

There are two different versions of the default skins for some characters.

Ganondorf is one of them so if you were making a texture mod for him and wanted it to work for both 4-player and 8-player Smash.
Then you would need to edit both folders which would be cXX and lXX.

The reason for this is because 8-player Smash has more models and textures being used so the game uses lower quality models and textures to reduce the load on the console.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's pretend I didn't ask this somewhere else - I once saw a camera mod that faces and looks away from the left and right of the stage rather than front and back. Is there a way to control the camera realtime during gameplay, such as with the C-stick? Zooming in/out even?

Brecert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a bat script that will automatically extract and open NUT files by double clicking the nut.
Just put the script in the InjectPack Folder (or whatever you have it named) Make sure its the same as when it was extracted with the dlls and such in it.
In the InjectPack folder make sure you have WTV in the folder. (Named WTV.exe)
This is the first script I wrote and was just hacked together mainly using the Inject Packs code and some code I did to make it work together.
( Thanks Mariosonicds & NWPlayer123!!!! ^ _ ^ )
To make this actually useful try to run a NUT file and set it so that it opens this script.
Just double click the NUT file to get a view of it and have it extracted.
Mostly good for quick viewing of extracted files, but it does save time when extracting too.

(It can open the files from SmashExplorer itself if you set it as your hex editor.)(If you click enter when it asks if you want to cleanup it will skil that part.)
Hope this helps.
Emoji_Blush.png

Attachments

• AutoExtract.zip
    518 bytes · Views: 110

superteletubbies64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
errr... I tried copying the files from c00 for mario and lucas because space lucas and mario maker mario only came with a model.nut file and I wanted to add a new slot for them. however, they showed up completely red so there's a texture error. so copying the files from another costume simply doesn't work?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is having and using skins and music in additional slots online safe? Stages too?

I'm also having a problem with my skin that I added. If I choose my skin that's in the ninth slot and a computer chooses the skin in the first slot, both of us will end up using the ninth skin. Is everybody else having this bug, or is it just me?

If I remember correctly I believe this is a problem with the skin's TexID.

This should help you out: http://gamebanana.com/tuts/12061

Reactions: Deleted User

Rockzilla77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be great. The Param files for the items and such are set up pretty simply.

ad1da64e24.png

For assists, each entry in group 2 seems to represent a different assist trophy.
Name 0 seems to be the assist character's ID
Name 1 is always 5000
Name 2 seems to be the spawn rate
Name 3 and 4 are always 1. I speculate that one of them might determine how many of that assist can be spawned at the same time.

31212f7502.png

For Pokemon, Group 2 seems to represent Pokeball Pokemon spawn rates and Group 3 Masterball Pokemon Spawn rates. It's otherwise set up in mostly the same way as the file for assists.
Group 2 shows an incorrect amount of names, 5 instead of 4, for each entry which makes it a bit difficult to find what you are looking for since the order gets thrown off.

087624afbf.png

I'm not really sure how the Items param file is set up, but group 10 seems to be the spawn rates for items. I have no clue what the other groups do.

If anyone wants to help me document the item, Pokemon, and assist IDs, I would appreciate it.

Have You figured out how to change the spawn rate of items yet?

Commander_Ducky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me? I've been trying to Test my Texture Mod for Pokemon Stadium 2, but whenever i try to select the stage it freezes on the Loading Screen. All of the other Texture Mods i install don't have any problems and i even have a few self made Stage Texture Mods that work. I tried Installing another Mod for Pokemon Stadium 2 on Gamebanana, but it still freezes my Game. It doesn't Freeze when i load it without Mods. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

taoxadasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so, I've been able to add music slots to my game just fine, and I have had no problems getting them to work, but every time I start up the game again, My Music has a large amount of the music I've added reset to 0 on the slider.

I've tried resetting the song lists multiple times (and the added music always jumps up to 100% on the slider like normal) but the issue keeps persisting and it just won't save the settings for approximately half of the song list for each stage.

Anything I can do to fix this?

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hey so, I've been able to add music slots to my game just fine, and I have had no problems getting them to work, but every time I start up the game again, My Music has a large amount of the music I've added reset to 0 on the slider.

I've tried resetting the song lists multiple times (and the added music always jumps up to 100% on the slider like normal) but the issue keeps persisting and it just won't save the settings for approximately half of the song list for each stage.

Anything I can do to fix this?
Do you have over 20 songs per stage? I have the same issue, and as far as I know it's not something that can be fixed - we're currently limited to 20 songs per stage. (including original AND added music)

Easiest fix is to set those stages to have a maximum of 20 songs. Hopefully someone cracks this issue soon...

taoxadasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have over 20 songs per stage? I have the same issue, and as far as I know it's not something that can be fixed - we're currently limited to 20 songs per stage. (including original AND added music)

Easiest fix is to set those stages to have a maximum of 20 songs. Hopefully someone cracks this issue soon...
Yeah, I have over 20 songs on those stages. If there is no way to fix it yet, that's fine. It's just a minor annoyance really. Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: MarinaTentacles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E