RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i ave animated splas screens on my n3ds xl 11.5 luma 6.6 and i think that is why my games arent booting. can you tell me how to remove the anim or tell me why it goes to black screen when i boot games? (i am new to moding scene)
From the first post:
FAQs from OP said:
Q: Why do I get a black screen when launching a game, or "Add Games"?
A: TWL_FIRM may be broken somehow. Please follow this part of the guide. https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#twl_broken

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Nukehead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your SD card isn't locked, then I dunno why it happens. :(

Ok, I don't know why it's happening either hence why I asked. Is there anyway I would be able to manually replace the bootstrap? I have tried downloading the latest one and renaming it to the name of the old bootstrap, the previous versions that come with the twloader 7zip, and I just get 'no version available' still.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I don't know why it's happening either hence why I asked. Is there anyway I would be able to manually replace the bootstrap? I have tried downloading the latest one and renaming it to the name of the old bootstrap, the previous versions that come with the twloader 7zip, and I just get 'no version available' still.
Do you have the "release-bootstrap" and "unofficial-bootstrap" files (not the .nds files) from the "_nds/twloader" folder?
Both contain the version numbers.

Nukehead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have the "release-bootstrap" and "unofficial-bootstrap" files (not the .nds files) from the "_nds/twloader" folder?
Both contain the version numbers.

I think I was using the nds files instead of the correct ones. Do you know where I would be able to obtain the correct files?

Nukehead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From TWLoader.7z.

Is there a way to get the latest "release-bootstrap" and "unofficial-bootstrap" files (not the .nds files) from the "_nds/twloader" folder for 0.5.1? And if I were to obtain them, what would I need to do with the 0.5.1/0.5.1b nds files? Sorry if I'm talking a bunch of nonsense.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get the latest "release-bootstrap" and "unofficial-bootstrap" files (not the .nds files) from the "_nds/twloader" folder for 0.5.1?
Just it case you don't get what I mean, it's in TWLoader.7z, then "sdroot", then "_nds" and then the "twloader" folders.
If the files aren't there, then you're out of luck. As long as bootstrap works fine, you're good.
And if I were to obtain them, what would I need to do with the 0.5.1/0.5.1b nds files? Sorry if I'm talking a bunch of nonsense.
To get the up to date .nds files, update bootstraps in TWLoader.

Nukehead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just it case you don't get what I mean, it's in TWLoader.7z, then "sdroot", then "_nds" and then the "twloader" folders.
If the files aren't there, then you're out of luck. As long as bootstrap works fine, you're good.

To get the up to date .nds files, update bootstraps in TWLoader.

When I updated the bootstraps in
twloader it deletes the corresponding bootstrap file in the "twloader" file that is inside "_nds"

Last edited by Nukehead,

Nukehead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So for some strange reason, they're not downloading.
Are you sure you can use the Internet fine on your 3DS, like using the Internet Browser?

My 3ds works fine for online play and the internet. Is there a way I can send you some screenshots as they are too large for gbatemp.

Nukehead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After 'updating' the bootstrap in twloader (the lines are just covering my IP address as I was using an ftp client), I tested Mario kart after and it still worked perfectly in twloader. Sorry for not having a single clue about what to do as I'm not very knowledgeable on the program

Attachments

• Before_updating.jpg
    Before_updating.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 215
  • After_updating.jpg
    After_updating.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by Nukehead,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol