Hacking Dios Mios randomly failing to load game data

OmegaVesko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I realize the title is extremely vague, so I'll elaborate. Basically, I've got the latest version of Dios Mios (not Lite), a copy of LoZ: Wind Waker on my 320GB FAT32 formatted HDD, and I'm using WiiFlow to launch it.

To start with, the game *does* run. However, my issue is that, whenever I reach a point where the game wants to load more stuff from the disc (HDD) - entering a house, starting the game, anything - there's a seemingly random chance that the game will hang indefinitely on a black screen. Sometimes it hangs before the intro cinematic even starts, sometimes it hangs after the cinematic, sometimes it hangs when I'm already playing and I try to enter a house.

This is the first time I've seriously tried to play with Dios Mios, so I could very well have done something wrong. Maybe it just doesn't like my HDD. Any thoughts?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
try a usb pen drive, dios mios also hates my hdd and runs fine on a pen drive

maybe your hdd does have a sleep mode and its slow returning... :/

Reactions: OmegaVesko

OmegaVesko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what confuses me though, I play Wii games off the same hard drive without any issues. I recall having some similar issues with Wii games years ago (the HDD would go into sleep and I had to unplug it and plug it back in again for it to start loading), but they went away when I updated my cIOS to d2x as soon as that became a thing.

Hm, actually, you may have a point. Maybe d2x handles it fine for Wii games but DM struggles with it for the same reason. I'll have a go with my USB flash drive later, thanks!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
That's what confuses me though, I play Wii games off the same hard drive without any issues. I recall having some similar issues with Wii games years ago (the HDD would go into sleep and I had to unplug it and plug it back in again for it to start loading), but they went away when I updated my cIOS to d2x as soon as that became a thing.

Hm, actually, you may have a point. Maybe d2x handles it fine for Wii games but DM struggles with it for the same reason. I'll have a go with my USB flash drive later, thanks!

from my experience
dios mios is a lot more sensible... anything wrong and it doesn't work...
my hdd doesnt work unless i unplug it and plug it again in the homebrew channel before launch the usb loader or any app... it works fine with games i dont have any crashes or slow loadings everything is fine..
but it doesn't start at all in dios mios, but i used a 8gb pen drive and dios mios is working with some issues related to memory card but that is game specific..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro