Hacking DIOS MIOS (not DML) is back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh his story is a little suspicious and doesn't exactly make sense.
So both stories are plausible.
Either way it is G0dLike's fault for this dilemma.
But the blame also is on Crediar because he is the one stopping the production. Sure it is his creation so he can do whatever he wants, I support that.
But to cancel DM just because some buggy beta build got leaked is childish in my opinion.
I think Crediar gets so butthurt is because he wanted no one else to use his creation besides those that donated. (A lil greedy eh?)
Most people think its no big deal and I agree.
Crediar may be one smart cookie, but I would hate to meet him in person from this view on the internet.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And yet the leak came from a different IP... Yeah... Go through all that work just for a "F*ck you"... So... Either G0dLiKe is a pussy too afraid to use his own IP (Which I doubt)
That makes no sense. Why would he upload a leak using his IP knowing that people would be able to trace him?

or the more likely situation... G0dLiKe is telling the truth and you're buying into all the bullsh*t lies from sk0ld.
So FIX94 is in cahoots with Sk0ld and the two are conspiring to make people get mad at G0dlike?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So FIX94 is in cahoots with Sk0ld and the two are conspiring to make people get mad at G0dlike?
I like g0dlike and as I said still cant really believe he should have done that, why the hell should I want that people are against him? Also I said earlier you guys should finally stop about talking this, it happend and you cant change it anymore, also dont forget g0dlike made dml even possible.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No need to go to a cyber cafe or anything to get a different IP, you can very easily use a proxy for that. But g0dlike claims it was a friend who leaked it, so that explains the different IP. (yeah, I believe at least that part of his story, I don't see why he'd make that up - if he was going to lie, he could have come up with a story that distanced himself from it more)

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(yeah, I believe at least that part of his story, I don't see why he'd make that up - if he was going to lie, he could have come up with a story that distanced himself from it more)
You don't you see why he'd see that as a beneficial move at the time? Look at all the sympathy it got him thus far. A lot of people lie a little bit after getting caught to soften the blow. I don't like liars.
Saying a friend leaked it is literally the furthest he could have distanced himself from this. He was the only one to have received it. It didn't need to be 'tracked.'
My post was meant to chip away at this friend story. obcd, the entire post is 'motive.' =P You should read it again.

kamala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g0dlike there are a few of us that still love you. You made a mistake but everyone does. You made possible a lot of things in the past. I'm forever grateful!

Reactions: 2 people

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
now we know that its G0dlike friend who leaked the triforce enabler but crediar doesn't seems to believe this as i got a answer yesterday from crediar and from two others on twitter with my rp account (yeah tweeted with the wrong account)

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I can say that his thread is, without a doubt, one of the most argued threads I've seen on GBATemp.

I believe that nothing we say here, and nothing we believe to be true will make any difference to weather or not crediar will continue development on DIOS MIOS. That decision is his to make and ONLY his to make! The fact that the leak originated from G0dlike still stands and if you choose to hate him for it then that's your business.

Time can only tell weather or not crediar will regain his enthusiasm for the project and the only thing we can do is to cheer him on.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
(yeah, I believe at least that part of his story, I don't see why he'd make that up - if he was going to lie, he could have come up with a story that distanced himself from it more)
You don't you see why he'd see that as a beneficial move at the time? Look at all the sympathy it got him thus far. A lot of people lie a little bit after getting caught to soften the blow. I don't like liars.
Saying a friend leaked it is literally the furthest he could have distanced himself from this. He was the only one to have received it. It didn't need to be 'tracked.'
My post was meant to chip away at this friend story. obcd, the entire post is 'motive.' =P You should read it again.
Hmm, true I see your point. Yeah, I can see why that would seem better than admitting to doing it himself. But I still believe him, maybe just cause I'm a trusting person. Obviously he is still in the wrong, and it was his fault, but I guess there could[/] be a friend. Maybe he isn't telling it quite how it is (perhaps the friend didn't "beg" for it, perhaps a suggestion was made of a leak, I dunno), but I believe (or want to believe) there is a friend. Of course, this doesn change the fact that the whole issue is g0dlike's fault.

murasame72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dude, we get it. You don't care about USB support and wish Crediar would spend his time improving compatibility. But like it or not, people have been asking for USB support for years. When the coder of a emulator I follow announces he's porting it to Linux or OS X, I don't start complaining about how I and most people use Windows and therefore he should spend his time improving compatibility instead.

I still think it wouldn't make sense as there is no point in porting an app to another system until known issues have been addressed. But nevermind.

What I wanted to say is thank you for the work that has been done and if DM never shows up, it shouldn't matter to users as it is the same than DML. I'd have a totally different opinion if I knew the focus was on the points I mentionned. Thereby I somehow understand people's frustration, yet I still reckon it is an unnecessary frustration.

murasame72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Basically, there is a lot of fuss about nothing really. From the day the the first version would have been published, the sources would have had to be made available at least upon request. There wouldn't have been any secrecy from this point anyway.

I come from a totally different community that a few of you may know i.e. the linux community and I can't understand how anything that has happened can be considered a major issue except from the fact one individual feel he was betrayed to some extent.

Anyway the wind blows...

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have so many ways to load GC Games.
USB Gecko, SD Gecko, DML, and by disc.
Sure DM would be nice but I don't see it as this "big thing".

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only way I can see USB loading being as great as it's made out to be is with audio streaming, self-checking, and disc switching games working. Other than that, it's mostly a space issue... Be able to store more GC games on a USB than with an SD Card.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This message is for Crediar.....
Could please update everyone on whats going on with your project ?
All the speculation and whining is getting old on here .
If you need someone to beta test your apps in the future , give me a shout. I wont make any videos of it in action nore will I tell anyone that I am one of the testers and I sure as hell wont post it anywhere

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you need someone to beta test your apps in the future , give me a shout. I wont make any videos of it in action nore will I tell anyone that I am one of the testers and I sure as hell wont post it anywhere
I see what you're saying, but all I'm hearing is 'PLEASE GIVE ME EARLY ACCESS'.

Honestly, I think we should let this go. Stop the finger-pointing, the name calling, etc.
It was leaked. It was pulled. Now we have to wait on Crediar to address the situation.

Reactions: 1 person

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
The whole argument started with a tester leaking projects. Offering to be a beta tester on this thread is hardly appropriate...

givemesomewiistu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zero you're missing the point. People here ARE over the mistake that was made. Crediar is not. That is what annoys people. It's not that they're waiting for crediar to say it's OK to be over it, it's that people are complaining that he isn't over it.
Just because one doesn't post that he's over it doesn't mean he isn't over it.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole argument started with a tester leaking projects. Offering to be a beta tester on this thread is hardly appropriate...
Without more input from Crediar on what the staus of his project is ........makes this whole thread kind of pointless

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's pointless but amusing.
Probably one day someone will create a game based upon such a scenario. There clearly is interest.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated