Status
Not open for further replies.

murasame72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I play more than 3-4 different games at the same time. Or rather, I alternate between the games I play. Some times I play a "set" of games, other times I play other "set", depending on my current mood. There are even rare days in which I play half of my game collection.

And even if that wasn't the case, having all the games you own in a single drive and ready to be played at any moment is much more convenient that having just a few ones in your SD and needing to "swap" them. What if I feel like playing a specific game just for a few minutes, but don't think I'll be playing it the following days?

Not to mention that copying GC games to your SD and swapping them wears it out too fast. Also, why force players to buy a SD with plenty of GBs if you can help it?

See my post just before. I really don't get how SD turns out to be a problem for some as I can't get how it is possible to own so many games and be unable to buy a decent SD card for a mere 25 euros that would allow you to play up to 20 games uncompressed at the same time.

Or is it just a case of having the whole 500+ game collection ready to play just in case some friend pops in at your place ? Basically a case of showing off your collection...

murasame72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The way I see it though is that devs like Crediar look at the challenge rather than the needs. (I tend to assume it is more satisfying intellectually). Indeed, Crediar will/would be the first dev to released a piece of software able to load GC isos in GC mode from an USB drive. Not to be confused with tueidj's project whose goal differs quite significantly as it'll do the same but in Wii mode and won't feature any glossy interface (DML doesn't provide it neither but it is well implemented in today's loaders). Yet I am sure tueidj won't release anything until he gets maximum compatibility.

edit : Of course, I do not imply that tueidj's project is less challenging. Both projects do have their fair share of challenges. In my opinion it is just a matter of setting goals and priorities. Being a project manager and not a technician, that is.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I play more than 3-4 different games at the same time. Or rather, I alternate between the games I play. Some times I play a "set" of games, other times I play other "set", depending on my current mood. There are even rare days in which I play half of my game collection.

And even if that wasn't the case, having all the games you own in a single drive and ready to be played at any moment is much more convenient that having just a few ones in your SD and needing to "swap" them. What if I feel like playing a specific game just for a few minutes, but don't think I'll be playing it the following days?

Not to mention that copying GC games to your SD and swapping them wears it out too fast. Also, why force players to buy a SD with plenty of GBs if you can help it?

See my post just before. I really don't get how SD turns out to be a problem for some as I can't get how it is possible to own so many games and be unable to buy a decent SD card for a mere 25 euros that would allow you to play up to 20 games uncompressed at the same time.
25 euros, you say. Here, 32 GB SDs cost about 60-80 dollars (48-64 euros).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So how do you get rid of it? How do we move past this? I have no idea. That's more up to crediar than anyone else.. well actually, that's probably more up to you at this point, so I imagine a proper apology would be a great start. So I'll ask it again. Why? This time it's not a rhetorical question.

I think this should answer your question. As to who he is, I dunno, but he seems to be trusted by crediar from what I've seen. That's good enough for me ;)

And if this "proper" apology for whatever reason doesn't happen? You can't force somebody to apologize if he doesn't want to. I think the best move would be to close this thread and let crediar and Godlike solve their issue privatly. We all know by now that DM is indeed back, so this topic has reached its life span. A proper DM topic can be created once DM is actually released.

Reactions: 1 person

murasame72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

25 euros, you say. Here, 32 GB SDs cost about 60-80 dollars (48-64 euros).

Ok. Fair enough. But is still not so expensive for one who can afford to buy over 50+ games... It's basically the price for ONE game.

Whatever... I think you got my point. And my point is not that people should wish to use USB, it is rather than devs should focus on stability and compatibility first and then implement reasonable options.

Considering the large amount of games I own (which I can play anytime from the disc if I ever really want to) and for my 32Go card makes me totally happy for the 20+ games I have on it, I really expect enhanced compatibility as I still have issues with most of my games if I play them with DML rather than from my discs.

Then again, DML allowed me to play 2 games that I can't play on my Gamecube because there US and JAP only that is Battle D.O.N. and Baten Kaitos 2. Just for that, I am immensely grateful to guys like Crediar, Waninkoko, Fix94, Miigotu (to name but a few).

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@murasame72 I will point out that if DM is being continued and released (assuming crediar will eventually get back to it) that it will help many people test games easier for more compatibility so I really don't see the harm on adding usb support as an extra treat!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If Crediar, Godlike and his (ex)friend got the wad's, likely others had them as well?

Crediar got the stuff because he made it. g0dlike got it because crediar gave it to him. A few other trusted people (e.g. sk0ld) presumably also had copies of the Triforce enabler or whatever the name is. Not really sure what your point here is.

My point here is that the japanese video could (maybe unlikely) have been made by someone else, using the same code. The fact that the video and the leaked code are the same is not a 100% proof that Godlike did it. Not that it matters, but since it was asked...

In my country you are not guilty unless proven otherwise.

murasame72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@murasame72 I will point out that if DM is being continued and released (assuming crediar will eventually get back to it) that it will help many people test games easier for more compatibility so I really don't see the harm on adding usb support as an extra treat!

It's not people who should test games. Gamers' feedback is always welcome as they can report on some issues as they are supposed to play games more extensively than devs, but I don't think most gamers understand how they should report bugs in a way that makes them easy to reproduce and understandable to a dev.

The "harm" that is done, is that the time spent on adding this extra treat is not spent on improving game compatibility and more importantly solving already known issues.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My point here is that the japanese video could (maybe unlikely) have been made by someone else, using the same code. The fact that the video and the leaked code are the same is not a 100% proof that Godlike did it. Not that it matters, but since it was asked...

In my country you are not guilty unless proven otherwise.
The same code doesn't prove anything perhaps. But the loader channel is exactly the same, and both the banner and the DOL were made (separately) specifically for g0dlike. If anyone else had that channel, he gave them it.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok. Fair enough. But is still not so expensive for one who can afford to buy over 50+ games...
I don't own 50+ games. And even if I did, the point would be moot, as 32 GB SDs can't hold that many games.

It's not people who should test games. Gamers' feedback is always welcome as they can report on some issues as they are supposed to play games more extensively than devs, but I don't think most gamers understand how they should report bugs in a way that makes them easy to reproduce and understandable to a dev.

The "harm" that is done, is that the time spent on adding this extra treat is not spent on improving game compatibility and more importantly solving already known issues.
Dude, we get it. You don't care about USB support and wish Crediar would spend his time improving compatibility. But like it or not, people have been asking for USB support for years. When the coder of a emulator I follow announces he's porting it to Linux or OS X, I don't start complaining about how I and most people use Windows and therefore he should spend his time improving compatibility instead.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
everyone seems to be talking about a video with the triforce enabler what video are you talking about ? last video i seen for triforce game on wii is the one crediar posted with the maemetchi gameplay in mkagp2

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
everyone seems to be talking about a video with the triforce enabler what video are you talking about ? last video i seen for triforce game on wii is the one crediar posted with the maemetchi gameplay in mkagp2
g0dlike posted a video of the same thing (which apparently had some of the loading delays etc. edited out), which he said was a video posted by some Japanese people. He promptly removed the link he posted to the video, because people were saying it was fake or something. It just so happened to contain footage of the exact same forwarder channel packaged with the leaked version that came out a few days ago, which as it turns out, was made specially for g0dlike.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, G0dlike didn't do anything that affected DIOS-MIOS. Crediar cancelled the project then said it was G0dlike's fault. Regardless of whether G0dlike leaked the other project, that has nothing to do with DIOS-MIOS.

That's like if I punched Crediar, then Crediar went and punched obcd and said "It was JoostinOnline's fault!" Crediar should have punched me in said situation (remember, this is just an example, so don't start punching me :P), not obcd.

Reactions: 2 people

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh... So... The people getting pissed at G0dLiKe really need to have their minds picked. Yeah, he gave the copy to a friend, but I doubt he thought his friend would leak it. Like what has been said before, G0dLiKe has access to evrey place that it would be beneficial for DM to be leaked, yet he only leaked it to small places that not everyone has heard of, instead of leaking it on the Google Pages, which I know for a fact (by lookin at the People page) that he had access to them. Why would he not leak them there?

Sure, it was kind of stupid to give the beta to his friend, but everyone makes mistakes. In this case, G0dLiKe made the mistake of trusting someone who he shouldn't have. (I mean no offense with that, G0dLiKe, I hope you do not take offense).

As for why we are upset more at crediar than G0dLiKe, the reason for that is simple.
Sure, the root of this leak could be traced back to G0dLiKe and the mistake he made. BUT, Why the hell should crediar be punishing everyone else for it? It is not the bullshit "Waa, we want our DM now!! :cry:" as Sk0ld said... but rather.... Think of it this way.

Say Metallica has a demo of a new album leaked... Do they tell everyone, all of their fans, to fuck off? No, they continue to make the rest of the album and release it. They take the problem up with the asshole that leaked it.

But what does crediar do? He makes this problem extremely worse than it is. He over-reacts, and cancels DM altogether just because of one leak that was downloaded by what, like 14 people?
[sarcasm] Yeah, that's a hell of alot. 14 people? That's gotta be just about everybody that wanted DM... [/sarcasm]

Hell, that could be an explanation to the retarded attack on us about how we're supposedly crying about not getting DM. If we all wanted to get a hold of the leak, I'm pretty damned sure we would all have a copy by now.

Personally, I couldn't give one bit of a f*ck about the USB Loading. Personally, All I want is self-checking games, audio streaming, and disc-switching to work. But, that's beside the point.

People are wondering why were pissed at crediar more than we are at G0dLiKe? Easy, Because crediar is a whiny little bitch that blows everything out of proportion.

Edit : My bad SifJar.. before i edited this, I confused your name and Sk0ld with each other... Tends to happen when I rant.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Haha oh man, I remember that 'maemetchi' gameplay, it's what got me interested in triforce, I always wanted to play the arcade at the mall but for some reason I never got the chance, if triforce is ever to be released in public I'd be very interested, but of course I care for Dios-Mios more!

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The thing is, G0dlike didn't do anything that affected DIOS-MIOS. Crediar cancelled the project then said it was G0dlike's fault. Regardless of whether G0dlike leaked the other project, that has nothing to do with DIOS-MIOS.

That's like if I punched Crediar, then Crediar went and punched obcd and said "It was JoostinOnline's fault!" Crediar should have punched me in said situation (remember, this is just an example, so don't start punching me :P), not obcd.
No one is agreeing with Crediar's actions or saying that all the responsibility for the beta's cancellation falls on G0dlike. But he was aware that any leak could prompt Crediar to react like this.

Ugh... So... The people getting pissed at G0dLiKe really need to have their minds picked. Yeah, he gave the copy to a friend, but I doubt he thought his friend would leak it. Like what has been said before, G0dLiKe has access to evrey place that it would be beneficial for DM to be leaked, yet he only leaked it to small places that not everyone has heard of, instead of leaking it on the Google Pages, which I know for a fact (by lookin at the People page) that he had access to them. Why would he not leak them there?

Sure, it was kind of stupid to give the beta to his friend, but everyone makes mistakes. In this case, G0dLiKe made the mistake of trusting someone who he shouldn't have. (I mean no offense with that, G0dLiKe, I hope you do not take offense).

As for why we are upset more at crediar than G0dLiKe, the reason for that is simple.
Sure, the root of this leak could be traced back to G0dLiKe and the mistake he made. BUT, Why the hell should crediar be punishing everyone else for it? It is not the bullshit "Waa, we want our DM now!! :cry:" as SifJar said... but rather.... Think of it this way.

Say Metallica has a demo of a new album leaked... Do they tell everyone, all of their fans, to fuck off? No, they continue to make the rest of the album and release it. They take the problem up with the asshole that leaked it.

But what does crediar do? He makes this problem extremely worse than it is. He over-reacts, and cancels DM altogether just because of one leak that was downloaded by what, like 14 people?
[sarcasm] Yeah, that's a hell of alot. 14 people? That's gotta be just about everybody that wanted DM... [/sarcasm]

Hell, that could be an explanation to the retarded attack on us about how we're supposedly crying about not getting DM. If we all wanted to get a hold of the leak, I'm pretty damned sure we would all have a copy by now.

Personally, I couldn't give one bit of a f*ck about the USB Loading. Personally, All I want is self-checking games, audio streaming, and disc-switching to work. But, that's beside the point.

People are wondering why were pissed at crediar more than we are at G0dLiKe? Easy, Because crediar is a whiny little bitch that blows everything out of proportion.
Did you read this post?

Edit: Actually, nevermind. Here's a short summary of Sk0ld's post in case you don't feel like reading all of it:

G0dlike posted a link to a video showing GC USB loading claiming that "some jpn guys" made it. Then Crediar watched the video and noted that it seemed to show his app, after which G0dlike removed the link to the video using the excuse of "people say it's fake". Note that G0dlike was one of the very few people who had access to Crediar's app at that point. He also said "dunno how they made the channel" in reference to the channel seen in the video. Yet the next day, FIX94 recognized it as a channel he made for G0dlike a few months ago.

You've got that admit that's rather suspicious. First he posts a link to a video that seems to show Crediar's app and claims it's a different app created by Japanese people. Then when Crediar recognizes the app, G0dlike removes the link and lies about the channel shown on it. Apparently, he also has nothing to do with the making of the video even though it shows a channel FIX94 made for him and an app only a few people (G0dlike included) had access to.

Like you, I originally believed the explanation G0dlike gave for the leak. But after reading Sk0ld's post and analyzing G0dlike's story, it sounds really suspicious. For all we know, he might have uploaded the files from a cyber cafe's computer thinking that the leak wouldn't be traced back to him due to using a different IP, but when Crediar was able to trace it anyway (as he recognized the uploaded version as the one he shared with G0dlike), G0dlike made up a story about a friend of his uploading it against his intentions to save face.

murasame72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok. Fair enough. But is still not so expensive for one who can afford to buy over 50+ games...
I don't own 50+ games. And even if I did, the point would be moot, as 32 GB SDs can't hold that many games.

Dude, we get it. You don't care about USB support and wish Crediar would spend his time improving compatibility. But like it or not, people have been asking for USB support for years. When the coder of a emulator I follow announces he's porting it to Linux or OS X, I don't start complaining about how I and most people use Windows and therefore he should spend his time improving compatibility instead.

I'm afraid you missed my point. One French and one Argentinian speaking in English... :-) Nevermind. I was only trying to get the thread back to reasonable speculations rather than see fundamentalist app leechers anathematize some innocuous behaviour...

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No one is agreeing with Crediar's actions or saying that all the responsibility for the beta's cancellation falls on G0dlike. But he was aware that any leak could prompt Crediar to react like this.

Sure, the root of this leak could be traced back to G0dLiKe and the mistake he made. BUT, Why the hell should crediar be punishing everyone else for it? It is not the bullshit "Waa, we want our DM now!! :cry:" as SifJar said... but rather.... Think of it this way.

Did you read this post?

Edit: Actually, nevermind. Here's a short summary of Sk0ld's post in case you don't feel like reading all of it:

G0dlike posted a link to a video showing GC USB loading claiming that "some jpn guys" made it. Then Crediar watched the video and noted that it seemed to show his app, after which G0dlike removed the link to the video using the excuse of "people say it's fake". Note that G0dlike was one of the very few people who had access to Crediar's app at that point. He also said "dunno how they made the channel" in reference to the channel seen in the video. Yet the next day, FIX94 recognized it as a channel he made for G0dlike a few months ago.

You've got that admit that's rather suspicious. First he posts a link to a video that seems to show Crediar's app and claims it's a different app created by Japanese people. Then when Crediar recognizes the app, G0dlike removes the link and lies about the channel shown on it. Apparently, he also has nothing to do with the making of the video even though it shows a channel FIX94 made for him and an app only a few people (G0dlike included) had access to.

Like you, I originally believed the explanation G0dlike gave for the leak. But after reading Sk0ld's post and analyzing G0dlike's story, it sounds really suspicious. For all we know, he might have uploaded the files from a cyber cafe's computer thinking that the leak wouldn't be tracked back to him due to using a different IP, but when Crediar was able to track it anyway (as he recognized the uploaded version as the one he shared with G0dlike), G0dlike made up a story about a friend of his uploading it against his intentions to save face.

And yet the leak came from a different IP... Yeah... Go through all that work just for a "F*ck you"... So... Either G0dLiKe is a pussy too afraid to use his own IP (Which I doubt), or the more likely situation... G0dLiKe is telling the truth and you're buying into all the bullsh*t lies from sk0ld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1