Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Dios Mios 2.0 compatibility list:
(All games launched with DML Booter r22 on real nand. All games are NTSC using component cables.)
You're doing something wrong. The controller is locked during loading times. If your USB drive is slow you will get slow loading times. I would try formatting to 32k clusters if you haven't already. Sonic adventure 2 battle worked great for me, i just had to let it load
The game actually loads and continues to work despite my lack of input, so that can't be true. The only thing that doesn't work is my controller (Which is in proper working order). So loading time isn't my issue.
Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm having the same problem. Games are loaded, but I can't press start to actually get farther than the start screens
Sadly no. I was told there's a way to make a log file, but there wasn't an option in USB loader GX so I couldn't do that. Try Luigi's Mansion. If that works for you, then we likely have the same issue. It's the only game that works for me so far.
It's the only game I've gotten to work so far. The rest won't recognize my controller no matter what formatting or options I choose. (with the exception of Pokemon Colosseum, which crashes when I press start on the start screen)
Cyan mentioned that v2.0 update 2 was actually r5 and I noticed r7 (unreleased yet) has a fix for a bug finding a "hook" which I kinda think uses the controller somehow.
If I'm right about that, then for you two it would just be a matter of waiting until v2.1 (or v2.0 update 3) get's released and MAYBE that'll fix it for you guys.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok after deleting the "sys" folder from each games folder as well as renaming "Title [GAMEID]" i was able to get the diosmios logo to show up, however afterwrads nothing just a black screen
That's progress at least ... but it's a rather weird that that would actually fix anything. At least we know Dios Mios is all right. A I think a blank screen AFTER the splash screen is usually a game or loader settings problem. Had you tried this with different loaders before when trying to get it to work?
It's kinda too bad we don't know WHICH one really fixed it, the name change or the deleted SYS folder, because it could be the other one that's causing it to not work now.

goemon_guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok after deleting the "sys" folder from each games folder as well as renaming "Title [GAMEID]" i was able to get the diosmios logo to show up, however afterwrads nothing just a black screen

I had the same issue, (black screen after DM splash screen).

It turned out that my hard drive hadn't properly set the cluster size. (It wasn't 32KB.)
Make sure that you have the proper cluster size on your FAT32 partition.

Also, what game(s) have you tried that result in a black screen?

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's progress at least ... but it's a rather weird that that would actually fix anything. At least we know Dios Mios is all right. A I think a blank screen AFTER the splash screen is usually a game or loader settings problem. Had you tried this with different loaders before when trying to get it to work?
It's kinda too bad we don't know WHICH one really fixed it, the name change or the deleted SYS folder, because it could be the other one that's causing it to not work now.

I tried Dios Mios Booter and it got to the splash screen before i got an error dump

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get Power Rangers Dino Thunder Working?

It green screens on me right after the dios mios screen.

I have tried every video settings there is in CFG loader as well as R26 of the booter channel.

I always leave a disc in the wii as well(wii sports)

I've tried both formats as well and also tried it as uncompressed discEx format and still green screened.

Also here are my settings for the booter channel

[GENERAL]
activityled=no
cheats=no
debugger=no
drive_reset=yes
language=Wii
nmm=no
nmm_debug=no
no_disc_patch=no
olddml=no
padreset=no
videomode=Auto
wait_for_debugger=no

All my other GC games are working fine.This is the first one that i've had issues with.
Nothing is mentioned on the compatibilty wiki about it either.

kaulsuraj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for people whose controllers don't work for games should jus wait for the newest wad or is it like a issue that can be fixed right now??

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get Power Rangers Dino Thunder Working?

It green screens on me right after the dios mios screen.

I have tried every video settings there is in CFG loader as well as R26 of the booter channel.

I always leave a disc in the wii as well(wii sports)

I've tried both formats as well and also tried it as uncompressed discEx format and still green screened.

Also here are my settings for the booter channel

[GENERAL]
activityled=no
cheats=no
debugger=no
drive_reset=yes
language=Wii
nmm=no
nmm_debug=no
no_disc_patch=no
olddml=no
padreset=no
videomode=Auto
wait_for_debugger=no

All my other GC games are working fine.This is the first one that i've had issues with.
Nothing is mentioned on the compatibilty wiki about it either.

Power Rangers Dino Thunder doesnt work!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......
...HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...OOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*throws his wii into a lake*

ninten360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if someone can help me i'm having a very odd problem with DIOS MIOS, it all works fine and everything but after playing any converted GC game for about 40 min to an hour the Wii shuts off unexpectedly and i have no idea why it's does that, maybe i'm accidentally hitting the Reset/Power off via GC controller key combo (keep in mine i have no idea what the combo is)

i'm playing games using a Seagate 250GB HDD formatted in FAT32

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what loaders will work with this?
wiiflow-mod r505 or higher
DM(L) Booter r14 or higher
CFG-mod r35 beta2 or higher
USB Loader GX r1191 or higher
Alright cool. I am completely new to this so of course I am running into some problems. When I try to boot a game (Smash Bros Melee) with the newest version of CFG mod and DML booter, the Wii just shuts off completely. How do I fix this?

Nevermind, it was because there was no disc in the wii. But now it just hangs at a black screen :/

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well no matter what I try, DM (update 2) will not work for me on a WD My Passport 1TB (usb2 version). DML worked fine for me and had to go back.
Either get "area! al error app_entry is not within apploader" with disc in, or "Fatal error apploader size is zero" without disc, over the top of the DM screen.
Wii is 4.2E using a Wiikey 1.
Have reloaded BC and clean MIOS then installed DM wad again to no avail.
Confirmed 32k FAT32 Active 1st partition (where games directory is), NTFS second partition. Running from Wiiflow r506.
All games tested are confirmed working games (with DML) converted with GCReEx 2b.
I assume there will be no suggestions as it seems drive compatibility has some way to go, from what I'm reading.
Will be great when it's a bit more stable (and working at all, for some of us!). Thanks for the efforts crediar.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how can i get gamecube games to show up and load without converting them? someone in here told me that some games work without converting...but I when i put them in the right folder, it wont show up on dml booter, or usbloader gx...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well no matter what I try, DM (update 2) will not work for me on a WD My Passport 1TB (usb2 version). DML worked fine for me and had to go back.
Either get "area! al error app_entry is not within apploader" with disc in, or "Fatal error apploader size is zero" without disc, over the top of the DM screen.
Wii is 4.2E using a Wiikey 1.
Have reloaded BC and clean MIOS then installed DM wad again to no avail.
Confirmed 32k FAT32 Active 1st partition (where games directory is), NTFS second partition. Running from Wiiflow r506.
All games tested are confirmed working games (with DML) converted with GCReEx 2b.
I assume there will be no suggestions as it seems drive compatibility has some way to go, from what I'm reading.
Will be great when it's a bit more stable (and working at all, for some of us!). Thanks for the efforts crediar.
This is likely a loader problem. try dml booter or cfg loader.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if someone can help me i'm having a very odd problem with DIOS MIOS, it all works fine and everything but after playing any converted GC game for about 40 min to an hour the Wii shuts off unexpectedly and i have no idea why it's does that, maybe i'm accidentally hitting the Reset/Power off via GC controller key combo (keep in mine i have no idea what the combo is)

i'm playing games using a Seagate 250GB HDD formatted in FAT32
R+Z+start or R+Z+b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey, Red thank you, I will try that I use atmosphere and it look good XD