Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
The cable should have nothing to do with the speed. It's the controllers/chips on the circuit board that make the speed. If your 3.0 drive is giving you difficulty, you might want to get a 2.0 only drive (I've used a 2.0 drive for years without issue) and they're likely cheaper too now.

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
well thanks for answer me, but since my seagate usb connector storp working the retailer change my seagate for a toshiba Store 3.0 1Tb
the Toshiba 1Tb looks more shielded, but he runs slower the seagate usb loadergx never reconise hit unless i plug it after the loader reach his channnel screen
this is with cios 249 wii games work fine. 250 and 251 cios doesnt reconize the drive hermes cios reconise the drive at usbloadergx start but never launch a game.
AND NONE GAMECUBE GAMES WORKS, no dios mios logo just a black screen or a wii console reset, GC games on my 4Gb usb flashdisk still work GREAT.
my toshiba HDD is I:FAT32(primary) 120Gb and J:NTFS
thanks for any help

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx we sould really work on a dios mios hdd compatibility list......
Maxternal has a nice thread regarding compatible HDD's, check it out, you'll find a list to a compatibility list on his thread there as well but it's outdated and you'll find many more entries for HDD's on the thread itself.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most 2tb drives nowdays are advanced format wich will not work with dios mios. If you do get a 2tb drive do your homework sorry i dont know if any of the drives above are advanced format.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
nmm2gci 0.3: https://gcmm.googlecode.com/issues/attachment?aid=170004000&name=nmm2gci-v0.3-suloku.rar&token=OrSTdH8-izMWgeZXqk8zyAyK4Q8:1391043266841

As you can see here (https://code.google.com/p/gcmm/issues/detail?id=17) Crediar pointed out that some save files used invalid characters, thus nmm2gci 0.2 couldn't handle them. gci->nmm and nmm->gci should work fine now with all saves.
Thank you & crediar of course!

suloku sorry man link is broken XD
Google says error 400 bad request :(

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Got it going for some odd reason your link wasn't working either bm123456, what I ended up doing was going to the official GCMM google code site, going to the link which says 0.3 is in the description, copying the link then pasting it in my address bar. Finally that worked :blink: don't know why the f**k I had to do that, but I'm glad I got it done lol.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not nearly big enough :P
Not gonna waste time on stupid people. You know 2gb is close to impossible for playing games. Get two 1tb harddrive?

Not enough? Ive 300 wii games and all gamecube games, and all wiiware, and all virtual console stuff on one 1tb hdd . And got like 100gb left.
... Just understand 1tb o r1.5tb is the limit and accept that .

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a very trustworthy 1TB which I miss dearly lol, but I quickly realized 1TB isn't enough considering what the Wii is capable of and all the systems it can emulate and play.
let me give you people a very short info about the Wii and all its capable of.

ALL Wiiware/VC : 20gb
ALL GB : 200gb
300 WII : 600gb .

what more you want?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Not gonna waste time on stupid people. You know 2gb is close to impossible for playing games. Get two 1tb harddrive?

Not enough? Ive 300 wii games and all gamecube games, and all wiiware, and all virtual console stuff on one 1tb hdd . And got like 100gb left.
... Just understand 1tb o r1.5tb is the limit and accept that .
Are you calling Drakorex stupid lmao! Damn relax homegirl, I know several users including myself which own a compatible 2TB drive with Dios-Mios, Drakorex is one of them so no we won't lay down to your bold claims and just accept it :ha:

What I will accept though is that it's extremely difficult to find not only an internal 2TB HDD compatible with DM but in general a 2TB 512k legacy byte-per-sector drive is more and more uncommon, so the sad truth is if your looking for one be ready to go through some Trial & Error so make sure you can always return your purchase. That's all the advice I can give. That and of course info on HDD's I've used with compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative