Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Segate backup plus 2tb for someone, and formatted it exactly like mine Fat32, 32kb sectors active, primary, but when I try to launch gamecube games, it just goes to black screen. I've checked every setting I can think of, but it just won't work. Any help?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your new drive was using Advanced mode? (4096bytes per sectors)
If you try with USBLoaderGX, it should warn you if the sector size is not 512bytes/sector. (if not, the detection in the loader is not working)

if your drive is 512bytes/sector, but still gives you only black screens, or random blackscreens, before the splash screen then it's a problem with seagate USB2PCI adapter. nothing you can do about it but try few times until it launch.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I thought I'd try swapping the detachable adapter from the Seagate 2TB that didn't work with the one I already had, and that solved the problem. I'm not sure why one works and the other doesn't. Why would this be?

But now that leaves me with a different problem. Is there somewhere I can find just the bottom part? I was looking at 3TB Segates at walmart that look exactly like the 2TB ones. Are the bottoms interchangeable, and would that work with dios mios?

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Hello everybody, i really hope that someone could help me
i just bought a seagate expansion 1Tb USB external highDrive (MY CHRISTMAS pLASEURE with money hardly found)
i split it in 3 partitions in this order :
I: 150Gb fat32 32kb cluster size *active partition* (for my gamecube original disc backup) ;
J: 350 Gb NTFS (for my wii originals discs backup);
K: 500Gb NTFS(for my others data)

wii isos and wbfs backup on NTFS always work fine for me Wiiflow is great
I use to play my 3 favorite gamecube backup(MKDD, SSBM, WW, ) on a 4Gb USB flashdisk and all use to work fine
- ON all my loaders the same GC backup are reconize but none of them works
- when i launch a game, the screen just goes black and the Dios Mios logo never shows up
- With the led activity set on on wiiflow i noticed that the wii is still loading something during the black screen but nothings comes to appear
- i got 2 GC controller and a memory card pluged in, but i thing is all about the High Drive, usb flashdisk still works fine
i am really desperate and do not want to hear anythingg about looking for another highdrive
any tool or trick to improve dios mios highdrive fast detection?

IS ANYONE COULD HELp ME?!
THANK YOU
and please may you excuse my english expression or writing mistake

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Sinsera if you're using a USB 3.0 cable, use it with a 2.0 adapter that has solved my problem along with 3 of my friends and several other users right here on this thread. I exclusively use Seagate GoFlex drives since they work with DM, Wii, & xNEEK.

please what is this adapter i have the same issue with my 1Tb seagate expension HD

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
according to all previous comments
It looks like the 2. adapter is include in the seagate expansion disk package
but mine comes only with user guide, manual, the disk and the cable
WHY EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH ME??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
masterpad Nothing is wrong with u bud. U might have to get the cable separately if its compatible with your drive, many people had to do so. Also make sure that GC games are on primary FAT32 partition and make your second NTFS partition primary as well, your last partition can stay logocal. Hopefully it'll keep things stable with WiiFlow. I never recommend the expansion series from Seagate for Wii backups or homebrew, but let us know of getting that USB 2.0 cable works out, it worked for most of us.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question, is it possible to use wiimote or classic controller with diosmios?
If not, where could one buy a new controller, still packed. Are clones supported too, or does it need to be an original controller?

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question, is it possible to use wiimote or classic controller with diosmios?
If not, where could one buy a new controller, still packed. Are clones supported too, or does it need to be an original controller?

Clones (3rd party) are suported too. no suport for wiimote or classic

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having issues with long load times with Pokemon XD? I'm using DML 2.10 with a 4 GB MicroSD Card

EDIT: Using DM and loading it from USB and it works fine :)

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Does Luigi's Mansion work?
It freezed on the Cutscene(when i try to skip)?

I am using DMLToolbox, tried Optimized.
Also tried Extracted too, but i didn´t get it to work, i get a root directory and the game directory with 2 files.
This is with USB Loader GX.

Any recommendations?

I am using Dios Mios for USB, 2.10.

marck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the exactly same HD as Sinsera but mine has 1Tb capacity
http://www.seagate.com/files/www-co.../highlight-expansion-portable-box-570x570.jpg

From what have been said before my post, if i weell understood:
my seagate probabily comes with a USB 3.0 (compatible 2.0 ports) cable
BUT I NEED A usb 2.0 cable?

wait so if i get a wd 2.0 cable would it work with dios mios
i have a my book essential 1tb with a usb 3.0(2.0 compatibility)
if so where do i buy them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-