Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Has anyone have some information directly from the source?

I mean,if we know what Crediar thinks about a DML version for Wii U...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The DM(L) Booter is just an app that you run from the HBC so no WAD installation is required. It does, however, use the already installed copy of DM(L) to run games which you will have to have installed with a WAD.
Oh, okay. A forwarder channel (that would use the one you have in the HBC without actually having to open the HBC and select it) or a standalone channel (with it completely built in) I think you could find here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-g...ection-for-system-menu-backup-loaders.325003/

They're not on that site you looked at because they're not actually made by the person who made the DM(L) Booter itself. What he made was added into or used by the channels later on.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone have some information directly from the source?

I mean,if we know what Crediar thinks about a DML version for Wii U...
Who knows and besides the best bet is to be patient. I mean Jesus it was nearly 6 years after the consoles launch that USB GC loading became a reality on the Wii. The Wii U has been out for 2 1/2 months lets enjoy What we have and wait for some news :D

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus it was nearly 6 years after the consoles launch that USB GC loading became a reality on the Wii.
A better answer would be "It's been almost a year since DML came to life" XD

On a different note, I been meaning to ask USBL GX users, is thee anyway to link a game to run with DML Booter? Like change the specific said game settings so that when you load it it loads with DML Booter instead? I'd like to do that with PSO because so far it's the only game I can't get it to work with GX!

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Who knows and besides the best bet is to be patient. I mean Jesus it was nearly 6 years after the consoles launch that USB GC loading became a reality on the Wii. The Wii U has been out for 2 1/2 months lets enjoy What we have and wait for some news :D
You are right !

What I am wondering is if crediar has given any information about any progress or his plans.

But patience is a virtue! I wish good luck to Crediar while hoping for any TINY bit of information....:grog:

Reactions: MassiveRican

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
my memory card some time corrupts when use this why? (making me mad)
A lot of times when it happens to me it's really just that it THINKS it's corrupt but when I just pull it out and put it back in it recognizes that it's not corrupt anymore. I haven't ever had it REALLY corrupt on me. There was a SINGLE SAVEGAME that got corrupt once but I can't be sure that was even the fault of DM(L).

If that doesn't work ... well, I guess I don't have the same games as you. It's worth backing things up every once in a while if you're having a problem :(

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably have a Jap game in your library that corrupts your data!
i have only NTSC-U (there might be 1 or 2 pal)

A lot of times when it happens to me it's really just that it THINKS it's corrupt but when I just pull it out and put it back in it recognizes that it's not corrupt anymore. I haven't ever had it REALLY corrupt on me. There was a SINGLE SAVEGAME that got corrupt once but I can't be sure that was even the fault of DM(L).

If that doesn't work ... well, I guess I don't have the same games as you. It's worth backing things up every once in a while if you're having a problem :(
no it the hole memory card (pulling in and out does not work)

i got a new memory card in the mail soo ill see if its just a crappy memory card

Yoyoenix91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else having trouble with Skies of Arcadia Legends hanging when you get into your first ship battle after you get the Delphinus and Enrique? I keep freezing there, and I already had to do something special to prevent freezing whenever I entered shops. I miss this game. ._.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay I'm having issues with getting Godzilla Destroy all monsters melee to work, first one is that everytime I tried changing to progressive at the very beginning of the game, it either shuts down or reset my wii, and when I went to interlaced mode, and then tried to play a versus round, it just resets the game in a loop, like going back to the company logo/writing and stuff. Can someone help me out on this? like is there certain settings in the DM booter I need to use?

Also theres two things that were bugging me for quite a while with this:

is there a way to make the quality almost like HD? like just making it lessy lossy looking? cuz when I play the games, even putting on 480p it looks like the quality of a 360p youtube video...or is that how 480p actually looks?

and with DM booter, why everytime I try booting up a game, it sometimes shut down the wii, crashes, or reset it, its like a hit and miss thing....is there a way to fix that?

and one more thing, I've read in the compatibility list that in order to play killer 7 you have to load it up as Iso, how can you get DM booter to load up iso? because it never really shows up in the list when i turn load up DM booter, only the extracted games.

LupusAlbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (US Version) using DIOS MIOS. I have the most recent version of both DIOS MIOS (2.6) and Configurable USB Loader (70r51). Settings are all set at the defaults, with NMM off, disk in drive, and so on. I'm running an untrimmed image. Other games such as Kirby Air Ride are working fine, so I assume there's nothing wrong with the drive or anything.

The game works fine until I get my first egg and kill one of the first groups of enemies with it (or something similar--I'm not totally sure what action is triggering it). It then totally freezes and the audio starts buzzing. This is just a couple minutes into the game. The official DIOS MIOS (lite) compatibility list linked from the code.google.com site has Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg (both the US and European versions) fully working. I'm honestly not sure if I'm making some sort of mistake or if the game just wasn't well-tested, as it's obscure enough that there'd probably be a low number of confirmations (the GBATemp Wiki's list has 0 confirmations after the initial person to try it). Could someone else please test this game (just to that early point a few minutes in--not asking for someone to run the whole game just for me) and let me know if I might be doing something wrong?

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone having trouble to get the Godzilla Melee game to work? (the USA one)

I still can't get it to work, it shows a green screen for a mil second after choosing the stage for versus, and now it just crashes my wii.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm Billy Hatcher US works fine here on DM 2.6 with USB-Loader GX latest version and no disk in drive, DiscEx format compressed!

Like I said before I never had an issue with 2.6 that wasn't pesent in previous revisions so I'm really surprised of how many bug reports we got so far, maybe somene can confirm wither it differs from one loader to another or from one Wii to another? :o

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So I've been out of the loop for a while now and a I wanted to know: has the NMM compatibility increased? or should I still use a memory card?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Memory Card ALWAYS reccomended.
NMM isn't better.

Fixed it for ya!

Anyway I'm sorry for repeating my question yet on the same page but it seem to be ignored, I been meaning to ask USB-Loader GX users, is there a way to change the settings for a certain game so that when you load it it loads with DML Booter instead? I wanna do this for PSO because it's the only game I can't get it to work with GX!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Fixed it for ya!

Anyway I'm sorry for repeating my question yet on the same page but it seem to be ignored, I been meaning to ask USB-Loader GX users, is there a way to change the settings for a certain game so that when you load it it loads with DML Booter instead? I wanna do this for PSO because it's the only game I can't get it to work with GX!
Unfortunately, no, there's not a setting.
What you could try is installing one of the custom DM(L) forwarder channels for that game (which use DM(L) Booter) and that should show up in GX ... and you should then be able to use THAT to run the game from GX.

It's weird that there isn't some setting combination that would work from GX the normal way ... oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat