Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
The extracted format is actually supposed to be faster unless you have a really slow HDD. the extracted format MIGHT take up just a LITTLE more disk space than a TRIMMED ("compressed") ISO image but not much (and a full sized 1:1 ISO image will still be the biggest) so really the multi-disk support is the only benefit with IOS's on DM(L).

I find that the extracted format is actually slower on a HDD (but faster on SD) to the point that it freezes if you go into a shop in Skies of Arcadia. Using DiscEx format (this was before you could use straight ISOs) fixed that.

juggalomars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I my experience, ISO take a noticeable amount longer for the game to boot but the load times are only marginally longer than extracted.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I use DM for sonic gems collection all the time, seems to work flawlessly in my experience. What exactly is wrong with the game on your end? I mean, sure-- it requires you have a disk inserted to play properly, but aside from that what's wrong? My rip works fine.

Nothing wrong, only that I hate having to look up for a disk and risk wearing off the laser whenever I wanna play a simple Sonic CD or Sonic R run!

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing wrong, only that I hate having to look up for a disk and risk wearing off the laser whenever I wanna play a simple Sonic CD or Sonic R run!
Well, yeah, devolution works 100% perfectly with Gems Collection i can confirm. I'm pretty sure there is no laser activity when the disk is in though. DM just can't patch the game to think a disk is spinning in the drive like it can with most games due to the DOL change that happens when you select Sonic CD, Sonic R, or Sonic the Fighters. Personally, i just keep an old copy of the gamecube preview disk in my disk drive at all times.

I've had my wii since 2007 and have never had any trouble with the disk drive, so i wouldn't worry too much, as long as you keep your wii away from dust.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I find that the extracted format is actually slower on a HDD (but faster on SD) to the point that it freezes if you go into a shop in Skies of Arcadia. Using DiscEx format (this was before you could use straight ISOs) fixed that.
I my experience, ISO take a noticeable amount longer for the game to boot but the load times are only marginally longer than extracted.
I was referring to in game loading times although I have heard, as I said, that it does depend on the speed of your SD card or HDD whether the ISO or extracted is actually faster. Also, the SD is compatible with 64k clusters where USB is not so that can add a little boost to it depending on what other bottlenecks are in place.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, yeah, devolution works 100% perfectly with Gems Collection i can confirm. I'm pretty sure there is no laser activity when the disk is in though. DM just can't patch the game to think a disk is spinning in the drive like it can with most games due to the DOL change that happens when you select Sonic CD, Sonic R, or Sonic the Fighters. Personally, i just keep an old copy of the gamecube preview disk in my disk drive at all times.

I've had my wii since 2007 and have never had any trouble with the disk drive, so i wouldn't worry too much, as long as you keep your wii away from dust.

I was talking about when you go to the Wii menu it reads the disk, anyway thanks for confirming that the game works with Devolution, I will try it once I get my Wii back!

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble with 'Doshin the Giant' the open cut scene audio and video is garbled, the game seems ok after that but I havent really started playing.

Using PAL Wii, set resolution to 'game' and using WiiFlow.

Any ideas?

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any tips on Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect NTSC?

Cutscenes are broken. Animations are erratic and sound starts looping. However gameplay works perfectly. Saving also seems to freeze up the game when I try NMM. I'm using DM 2.6 with a Kingston USB Drive.
Any ideas? Help much appreciated. OH!, I used the DiscEx option of the Gamecube Iso Tool to extract/convert them.

Also no disc in drive. If I were to use a disc what kind do I use? Wii? Gamecube? Dvd movie? DVD-R?

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any tips on Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters Future Perfect NTSC?

Cutscenes are broken. Animations are erratic and sound starts looping. However gameplay works perfectly. Saving also seems to freeze up the game when I try NMM. I'm using DM 2.6 with a Kingston USB Drive.
Any ideas? Help much appreciated. OH!, I used the DiscEx option of the Gamecube Iso Tool to extract/convert them.

Also no disc in drive. If I were to use a disc what kind do I use? Wii? Gamecube? Dvd movie? DVD-R?
Try to put any wii/gc game on drive and uncompressed game, if dont work try other region game (maybe can work)
if nothing helps, i'm sorry.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So attempt an uncompressed option [or a different region]. I'll try research which program does this.

Did a Save Iso>Full Size and it also didn't work. Missing character models in cinematic etc.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I was referring to in game loading times although I have heard, as I said, that it does depend on the speed of your SD card or HDD whether the ISO or extracted is actually faster. Also, the SD is compatible with 64k clusters where USB is not so that can add a little boost to it depending on what other bottlenecks are in place.

That's what I meant. If the in game loading speed is too slow then SoA will freeze whenever you enter the shop screen (talk to the shopkeeper, select buy/sell items, and instant lockup).

juggalomars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble with 'Doshin the Giant' the open cut scene audio and video is garbled, the game seems ok after that but I havent really started playing.

Using PAL Wii, set resolution to 'game' and using WiiFlow.

Any ideas?

Putting a disc in stopped that problem for me. Other than that one issue the game seems to work very well with progressive patch + widescreen fix.

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting a disc in stopped that problem for me. Other than that one issue the game seems to work very well with progressive patch + widescreen fix.

Cheers, putting in GC disc did the job fixing the opening cutscene. (Not sure how that works but it does)

The only video modes it will up with are 576i or 'game' (same thing really). The only thing with this game is that there is a massive black bar at the bottom but I believe that is to with using component cables, apparently using composite would fix this. I am just gonna live with the black bar, I think they must have done a shit PAL conversion when they released the game.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got some problems,
i see on dml compatibility the melee is compatible with NMM, so i decided to try,
i got the usa version and when he's creating savefile seems he freezed, i got other version and no recognized
thanks for help and sorry for something
also:
Any way to make pokemon XD/Colosseum works NMM? I dont have memory card and i want to much play this game :(

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm also going to do a little donation to this project in the next week or the week after that. It's an amazing project and when audio-streaming gets solved It will reach new heights. However, it seems people have run into some problems with the latest version. And with crediar taking a well deserved break, these things might not be fixed in a hurry. Until then, I will keep on enjoying the best of GC.

Wanderlei777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS playing games off disc with DML a problem? I tried Luigi's Mansion (retail copy) and at the start of the game as soon as you walk to the top the stairs it freezes consistently.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tried Mario Sunshine NTSC DiscEx, no disc, NMM. Absolutely flawless.
Tried Animal Crossing NTSC DiscEx, no disc, NMM. Flawless except for it won't save. I need to 100% make sure I enabled NMM.

I'm gonna try a disc and a memory card on Timesplitters this weekend and see if it cleans up!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, you should read the DM compatibilty chart.
Some game require different compression/ shrinking in order to work.
Some games only work with DM lite atm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.