Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

camurso_

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I prefer explaining things to users so that they learn and can do it by themselves later instead of always relying on others.
If I just post "no", everyone can ask again 5min later : an now, any news? "no", and today ? "no" and again anything new? "still no".
Just check yourself, it prevent single word post.

And I even posted the progress and new downloads after taking the time to check everything for him, I didn't tell "do it yourself" only.

Some people would have said "no", I'm not "some people".
I take the time to explain things.

I did not mean to be offensive and I praise your efforts in spreading the nedded info, really :)
Thank you again.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer explaining things to users so that they learn and can do it by themselves later instead of always relying on others.
If I just post "no", everyone can ask again 5min later : an now, any news? "no", and today ? "no" and again anything new? "still no".
Just check yourself, it prevent single word post.

And I even posted the progress and new downloads after taking the time to check everything for him, I didn't tell "do it yourself" only.

Some people would have said "no", I'm not "some people".
I take the time to explain things.

Just one of the many reasons Cyan is awesome~ :D

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel real bad about bringing this up twice in the same thread; but I want to see if there's something I'm missing about how to set up NMM.

I posted a question to Ask several days ago, with no replies so far. Here.

I hope someone can clarify what it is I'm supposed to expect, and what I'm supposed to do to get this working for the games that support it.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just noticed that crediar mirrored tueidj's 36KB written from scratch version of GCReEx and increased its size to 3MBs. Funny thing is that he labeled it as deprecated. Perhaps because of his own DMToolkit, but this uses crediar's version of GCReEx, so what's the point of him mirroring someone else's app and labeling it as deprecated? That doesn't make sense.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's portable, faster and by pumping it up to 3MB it qualifies for the host's affiliate program so he can make money of each download - makes perfect sense.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
A bit irrelevant but I wanna point out that the pad hook still doesn't work for all games, for example Batman Vengense!

On another note, I still can't get Kao The Kangaroo to work, I keep getting an error message at boot, anyone got this to work? Also does anybody know how to enable cheat codes with DM? I honestly haven't tried since V1.5 but I was wondering if it's easier now because I couldn't get it to work before!

-------

I'll just post here my wish list for what should be added to Dios Mios in the future... If any updates happened:

Main Issues:
-Fix sleep mode in hard drives "I still suffer from this and the company haven't replied on my email yet, I don't think they will"
-Add two disk compatibility
-Fix audio stream issues
-Make games that still ask for a disk in the drive like Sonic Gems Collection and Spiderman The Movie to work without one
-Fix Phantasy Star Online Episode 3
-Add support for Quadforce USB

Wishful Additions:
-Fix compatibility for USB
-Fix compatibility for SD cards "come on many people been reporting this for so long"
-Increase NMM compatibility for those who don't own a memory card or ran out of space
-Maybe add support for Quadforce, or an option to install DM/DML/QF on game launch
-Maybe add support for classic controller for those who don't own one "like my brother"
-Maybe allow running DM from SD/USB like Devolution
-Make more Triforce games to work "not that I care for any"

Reactions: 1 person

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
A bit irrelevant but I wanna point out that the pad hook still doesn't work for all games, for example Batman Vengense!

On another note, I still can't get Kao The Kangaroo to work, I keep getting an error message at boot, anyone got this to work? Also does anybody know how to enable cheat codes with DM? I honestly haven't tried since V1.5 but I was wondering if it's easier now because I couldn't get it to work before!

If you use CFG mod ,put ocarina file (.gct) to the same folder as "game.iso" then enable the
"cheat option".

Kao The Kangaroo doesn't work for me,either.

As far as I know ,it's true that "pad hook"doesn't work for all games.
For example, PSO disable the "pad hook" automatically no matter you turn on/off this option.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why this setting has been fixed and is not always enabled by default. It doesn't work with all games, hence it requires user's choice to enable or disable it on a game by game basis.

I suggest that you use it by default for all games, and disabled it on games which are known incompatible.
But it all depends if you really need it or not.

As PSO is not working with this option, it's automatically disabled in DM(L) to prevent wrong user's input.

-Maybe add support for classic controller for those who don't own one "like my brother"
Will not happen. To enable Classic Controller, you need Wiimote access in gamecube mode, which means custom bluetooth. DIOS MIOS (Lite) is already at maximum size (that's why you can't have one MIOS with SD+USB at the same time). Wait for Devolution to add Wii controllers support instead.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
That's why this setting has been fixed and is not always enabled by default. It doesn't work with all games, hence it requires user's choice to enable or disable it on a game by game basis.

I suggest that you use it by default for all games, and disabled it on games which are known incompatible.
But it all depends if you really need it or not.

That's what I do, I have it enabled by default since I always use it "I just used it a few minutes ago after finished playing some Sonic Adventure 2" but I don't see why I shall disable it in games where it doesn't work, if not much trouble can you explain please?

Will not happen. To enable Classic Controller, you need Wiimote access in gamecube mode, which means custom bluetooth. DIOS MIOS (Lite) is already at maximum size (that's why you can't have one MIOS with SD+USB at the same time). Wait for Devolution to add Wii controllers support instead.

That's what I thought, but like some user once said here we can fix the space limitation in Dios Mios by making GC Loader and Triforce loader separate files on the SD while use Mios to run everything else, this way we'll have enough space for fixing these problems and have both DML/Quadforce at the same time, anyway wither they add support for classic controllers or not I'll probably just tell my prother his Wii doesn't run GC games and save myself the trouble of hacking it, I been itching not to do so anyway :ha:

Although my memory may be wrong, I seem to recall an early release of DIOS MIOS which was capable of using both SD and USB. :blink:

Your memory is wrong because Dios Mios never had support for USB till version 2.0!

Shadow_Links

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although my memory may be wrong, I seem to recall an early release of DIOS MIOS which was capable of using both SD and USB. :blink:

Your memory is wrong because Dios Mios never had support for USB till version 2.0!
I think he's talking about the really old version of Dios Mios, before DML was even released. Anyone remember how far back that was?

fb39ca4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I play Metroid Prime, the game hangs after ~30 minutes of play. I am using DML 2.2 with Nodisc, has anyone else had that issue?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he's talking about the really old version of Dios Mios, before DML was even released. Anyone remember how far back that was?

I remember it hardly ran Megaman X Collection very slowly with no music!

That's because the original Dios-Mios didn't have ARAM support because ARAM and USB2 both used the same memory area (MEM2) on the Wii. As he couldn't find a way around that at the time after months of working on it he abandoned the project and created DML instead. Fortunately after DML he managed to have a flash of inspiration and finally make it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp