Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks! I have dml 2.2 and r1202 usb loader. my card is fat 32 with 32k cluster my sd card is a PNY performance 32 gb
if it is a SD card compatibility issue the only way would be to revert back to r59 (the last version without that problem) and you can get everything to build the WAD file here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?qk17b9hubiki4v7
and it's nice you have r1202 since it should be able to detect the version change and adjust the settings accordingly.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use cheats with gamecube games just fine with the latest version of cfg. Just use cfg to download the cheat file,select the codes you want and then save the gct file.CFG will do everything for you and save it in the proper place.

I'm not to sure about the multi disc ripping issue your having.I know it was addressed in cfg already but i'll have to find the information on it first to see what the process is for multi disc games.
I'll have to give it a try. I just know that at least what few I've tried, trying to download the cheat files for the GC games (even on 70mod47), it would insist there is no such file. :(

If you could find out about the multi-disc games, I would seriously appreciate it. I don't recall if I had the chance to do so before, but thank you for all your help. :grog:

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can use cheats with gamecube games just fine with the latest version of cfg. Just use cfg to download the cheat file,select the codes you want and then save the gct file.CFG will do everything for you and save it in the proper place.

I'm not to sure about the multi disc ripping issue your having.I know it was addressed in cfg already but i'll have to find the information on it first to see what the process is for multi disc games.
I'll have to give it a try. I just know that at least what few I've tried, trying to download the cheat files for the GC games (even on 70mod47), it would insist there is no such file. :(

If you could find out about the multi-disc games, I would seriously appreciate it. I don't recall if I had the chance to do so before, but thank you for all your help. :grog:

Not all games have cheat files available so maybe that's why you got that message.
Unless you meant after you downloaded the cheat file and saved the gct file that the loader said no cheats were available.

Did you make sure that ocarina was turned on in the individual game settings menu?

Here is what the info i found out about multi disc GC games and CFG loader

Taken straight from the cfg loader thread

http://gbatemp.net/topic/147638-configurable-usb-loader/page__view__findpost__p__4333221

1. Make sure to put "loader.bin" of devolution to \usb-loader\ folder.

2. Rename ISO file of disc2 to gam2.iso and put in the same folder as disc1.
(EX: usb:\games\whatever folder name\ )
It means you only can see disc1 (game.iso) shows in the game list.
(so there are game.iso and gam2.iso in the game folder)

3. Load/Start disc1 and when disc2 is required (like this picture below),
just simply click on "Eject button". Then the disc2 iso file should be loaded
automatically.

I've never used devolution at all so if that doesn't work then im not sure what to tell you.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Aside from Phantasy Star Online (for certain reasons) all my games are formatted to DiskEx format, most are compressed except for about four games that need to be not compressed, Shadow The Hedgehog works fine for me on DiskEX compressed, if I may ask which loader do you use? Cause if I remember correctly Shadow The Hedgehog is one of the games that needed the "no disk+" option to be turned off, almost all games (if not all) work fine with the no disk+ option turned off!

Thank you! That was the point — i've turned off NoDisc option in CFG Loader & it works. Read a lot of forums before & was so blind to try to disable NoDisc. Thanks again.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I need to install devolution as well? even though I might still have the gamecube controllers to work with?

And yes, checking through I find that there's still no codes for Thousand Year Door (one game I really was hoping to have them for), and Metroid Prime just gives me the master codes and... nothing else.

This would also make me wonder what hook type to use, because now I'd really like to get these cheats to work... but I'm wondering if I should make/ask in a different thread about that.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Since no one answers questions in the Noob Questions thread, here's a copypaste:

I tried installing DIOS MIOS on my EUR Wii, couldn't get it to work because my HDD is USB3.0, now when I put real Gamecube discs in the CD-tray, pop open the Disc Channel, boot the games, and I get a silly black screen and it completely freezes and I need to reboot manually to do anything. I tried uninstalling DIOS MIOS and reinstalling the WAD to play normal Gamecube games, but it doesn't help. Any help?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since no one answers questions in the Noob Questions thread, here's a copypaste:

I tried installing DIOS MIOS on my EUR Wii, couldn't get it to work because my HDD is USB3.0, now when I put real Gamecube discs in the CD-tray, pop open the Disc Channel, boot the games, and I get a silly black screen and it completely freezes and I need to reboot manually to do anything. I tried uninstalling DIOS MIOS and reinstalling the WAD to play normal Gamecube games, but it doesn't help. Any help?
As you found out, DM does not support launching retail discs from the System Menu's disc channel.
I would try using DopMii to restore the original MIOS, if you don't want to mess around with DM right now.
I don't think that a hard drive being 3.0 is immediately incompatible for just that reason. Simply some drives are and some aren't, regardless of the native USB version, since 3.0 is backwards compatible. Someone can correct me here if I'm wrong, but you probably were unlucky there.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Okay first of all your hard drive is just not compatible with Dios Mios USB, that doesn't mean you can't use it with Dios Mios Lite, i.e. copy the games to the SD and run them from there, I been there and I had to get a new hard drive to get it to work, but trust me the compatibility is still better from the SD so if you don't mind having to copy the games you wanna play just stick with Dios Mios Lite!

As for running the game from disk, the new Dios Miso may give you a black screen if you try to run the game from the disk channel but using other loaders shall make the games run just fine, so if you don't mind that either I say stick with Dios Miso for a while and try it out, you will more likely like it!

Finally if you still decide to remove Dios Mios completely from your Wii, just install a clean RVL-BC-v6 or you can install the old Dios Mios Lite (r58) which will restore the original cMios and still have the codes for the old DML which you might like!

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think that a hard drive being 3.0 is immediately incompatible for just that reason. Simply some drives are and some aren't, regardless of the native USB version, since 3.0 is backwards compatible. Someone can correct me here if I'm wrong, but you probably were unlucky there.
That's right. I'm using the WD 2TB USB3 My Passport WDBY8L0020BBK and it works as well as my other older WD My Passport 1TB USB2 drives.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem, I got "Kao The Kangaroo Round 2" last night, when I tested it I got the Dios-Mios logo followed by the "License To Nintendo" screen then a black screen followed by a message saying "error has occurred" can anyone confirm if the game works or not? I tested it with USBLoader GX and DM 2.2 DiskEx format compressed NMM disabled and nodisk+ marked off (tried it with on too) but I had no disk in the drive, tried another iso with the same exact result!

gil21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have the game in gcm and iso format
how to use use it with dm without converting the file to discex or gcreex,i have heard it need to be rename to game.iso,so if i have multiple iso/gcm how?
and also is cleanrip the best format than gcreex/disex?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
so i have the game in gcm and iso format
how to use use it with dm without converting the file to discex or gcreex,i have heard it need to be rename to game.iso,so if i have multiple iso/gcm how?
and also is cleanrip the best format than gcreex/disex?

Clean Rip is definitely the best tool to rip the game iso, as for how to use them simply rename the file to "game.iso" and place it in a forlder "could be any name" and that folder should go inside another folder called "games" on the root of your SD/USB, if the game was .gcm make sure to change the extension to "iso" because as far as I know DM does not read .gcm format, a simple rename will do the trick ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DM read anything the loader send to it.

Most loaders read only "game.iso", but USB loader GX read these filenames:
game.iso
game.gcm
ID6.iso (for example GMSP01.iso)
ID6.gcm

but if you switch loaders often, just rename the file to "game.iso" to be sure it's working in all loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1