Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

Jordanakajay1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone send me what the files they have in there sd card exactly that has DML 2.2 working on the latest version of
c204.gif
wiiflow or usb loader gx. I literally have tried everything this is my second week of complete failure. Ive gotten as far as my games show up and just load the game in the drive. Or when I use no disc plus option it just gives me the fatal apploader zero crap. Someone please help me out ive tried every tutorial with absolute failure. Im sure I have the wrong files. If your dml 2.2 loads up your games please send me a file of the contents of your sd card exactly in a folder please!

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, as a long time user of config-USB loader, I'm rather... befuddled; I got used to using cfg-USB because back then it was the first one that worked like it should, and allowed me to have individual settings for each game if I needed them.

This development is welcome, but it's put me at a bit of a quandary. I currently have DIOSMIOS 2.2 installed, and with my SD card out, the hard drive itself had cfg-usb loader version 70-mod15 installed. I know the SD card has a newer version of it installed... but even then, I could not find any setting in the app that would seem to allow me to rip GC games to the USB hard drive; it kept insisting on ripping it to the SD card, and only there.

Most of the tools mentioned already assume that I have an iso of the gamecube games in question; However, I'm working from the real disc(s) here. I've tried using cleanrip to rip the games as well, but end up with a bunch of files and neither will show up on either the DM booter/loader nor in cfg-USB... only when I rip from within cfg-USB does the given game actually show up. And DM-loader will allow me to transfer from USB to SD, but not from SD to USB, which means unplugging both SD and USB hard drive from the system and transferring them that way.

Am I basically going to have to give up on using config-USB loader, or is there a way to make this work?

Taser9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys. My brother didn't bring his USB disks to college, so I was lucky enough to try a 4GB disk. It works perfectly, so that means my other USB disk is just not compatible.

Problem solved :D

GaryYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone send me what the files they have in there sd card exactly that has DML 2.2 working on the latest version of
c204.gif
wiiflow or usb loader gx. I literally have tried everything this is my second week of complete failure. Ive gotten as far as my games show up and just load the game in the drive. Or when I use no disc plus option it just gives me the fatal apploader zero crap. Someone please help me out ive tried every tutorial with absolute failure. Im sure I have the wrong files. If your dml 2.2 loads up your games please send me a file of the contents of your sd card exactly in a folder please!
It could be that your sd isn't compatible. I had this exact problem, bought a new usb drive, boom. Worked perfectly the first try in USB Loader GX. But make sure you have USB Loader GX r1202 (which you can get here).
Once you download that, replace the file sd:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol with the one from r1202. Go into USB Loader GX and load a GC game and it should work.

EDIT: Also, make sure you've installed Dios Mios Lite 2.2 instead of Dios Mios 2.2.

Jordanakajay1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c204.gif
It could be that your sd isn't compatible. I had this exact problem, bought a new usb drive, boom. Worked perfectly the first try in USB Loader GX. But make sure you have USB Loader GX r1202 (which you can get here).
Once you download that, replace the file sd:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol with the one from r1202. Go into USB Loader GX and load a GC game and it should work.

EDIT: Also, make sure you've installed Dios Mios Lite 2.2 instead of Dios Mios 2.2.

Thanks! I have dml 2.2 and r1292 usb loader. my card is fat 32 with 32k cluster my sd card is a PNY performance 32 gb

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, as a long time user of config-USB loader, I'm rather... befuddled; I got used to using cfg-USB because back then it was the first one that worked like it should, and allowed me to have individual settings for each game if I needed them.

This development is welcome, but it's put me at a bit of a quandary. I currently have DIOSMIOS 2.2 installed, and with my SD card out, the hard drive itself had cfg-usb loader version 70-mod15 installed. I know the SD card has a newer version of it installed... but even then, I could not find any setting in the app that would seem to allow me to rip GC games to the USB hard drive; it kept insisting on ripping it to the SD card, and only there.

Most of the tools mentioned already assume that I have an iso of the gamecube games in question; However, I'm working from the real disc(s) here. I've tried using cleanrip to rip the games as well, but end up with a bunch of files and neither will show up on either the DM booter/loader nor in cfg-USB... only when I rip from within cfg-USB does the given game actually show up. And DM-loader will allow me to transfer from USB to SD, but not from SD to USB, which means unplugging both SD and USB hard drive from the system and transferring them that way.

Am I basically going to have to give up on using config-USB loader, or is there a way to make this work?

From looking it seems that the feature to rip to hard drive instead of usb was added in cfg loader v70 mod 41.

Your probably using an older version and that is why your only getting the option to copy to sd card.

Update to the latest version and then try again

Latest versions is v70 mod 47

http://cfg-loader-mod.googlecode.com/files/cfg70MODr47.dol

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it looks like Soul Calibur II in GCReEx format is back to not working (see a couple of posts above).
So far, I'm having trouble with the following games:
- Soul Calibur II
- DDR Mario Mix

Would someone that has his/her games in FST format (extracted with GCReEx) please verify if these games run, rather than showing a black screen after the DM logo?
I have Soul Calibur II, but not Mario DDR Mix. I'll check it out.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, mi pana.
I further discovered that these games will work fine in GCReEx format when using the previous version of the tool (v0.2b) to extract them.
I think the latest v0.3 release broke those games.
What version of the tool do you use to extract your GCN games?

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, mi pana.
I further discovered that these games will work fine in GCReEx format when using the previous version of the tool (v0.2b) to extract them.
Both games play fine on DM 2.2 in DiscEX.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, mi pana.
Both games play fine on DM 2.2 in DiscEX.
I can confirm as well that both games run perfectly fine in DiskEx format in DM/DML 2.2!

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it works for me on DiscEx too. I'm just trying to figure out if it fails on GCReEx 0.3 for everyone, and thus a is a bug, or if it just fails for me.
Thanks for checking, though.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Could you point to my mistake. I've installed DM 2.2 & took latest versions of CFG Mod & MD Booter, prepare a bunch of games. Some games are workinf flawlessly (Sonic Adventure 2, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Party 5 & few more titles), while others aren't (Shadow the Hedgehog, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance) — they pass through the progressive mode question and regardless of the choice i've got only the black screen. I've tried "Shadow" with discex compressed & non-compressed, turned off NMM & NoDisc patches, applied Video Patch — no success.

All games and console are NTSC-U, latest firmware (4.3U), cIOS d2x v8 final installed on most cIOSes.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you point to my mistake. I've installed DM 2.2 & took latest versions of CFG Mod & MD Booter, prepare a bunch of games. Some games are workinf flawlessly (Sonic Adventure 2, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Mario Party 5 & few more titles), while others aren't (Shadow the Hedgehog, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance) — they pass through the progressive mode question and regardless of the choice i've got only the black screen. I've tried "Shadow" with discex compressed & non-compressed, turned off NMM & NoDisc patches, applied Video Patch — no success.

All games and console are NTSC-U, latest firmware (4.3U), cIOS d2x v8 final installed on most cIOSes.

I dunno about Baldur's Gate but Shadow The Hedgehog works flowlessly with DM/DML 2.2, it had issues with the old r58 DML but ever since DML 1.0 I never encountered any issues with it, however I legally own the game disk and I made the rip myself so it most likely your copy of the game is faulty, if you have downloaded it try downloading other versions cause the internet is full of faulty GC isos sadly!

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From looking it seems that the feature to rip to hard drive instead of usb was added in cfg loader v70 mod 41.

Your probably using an older version and that is why your only getting the option to copy to sd card.

http://cfg-loader-mo...cfg70MODr47.dol
Okay, I did that. Progress! :yaywii:

Now I see that at least I can rip directly to USB now, which is a plus :) I haven't checked if I could use cheats with the GC games yet, however. If that fails, is there a way to load cheats for these games? really have been itching to play through and complete Thousand Year Door, among other things...

Though, one thing that is a bit concerning; I'm now up to ripping my multi-disk games (the Resident Evils, mainly), and while it rips Disc 1 no problem, it does appear to skip right over Disc 2. It'll show up and recognize it is "Disc 2" of a game as opposed to Disc 1, but doesn't actually seem to spend the time to rip it like it does for Disc 1. Should I worry about this? :ninja:

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

I dunno about Baldur's Gate but Shadow The Hedgehog works flowlessly with DM/DML 2.2, it had issues with the old r58 DML but ever since DML 1.0 I never encountered any issues with it, however I legally own the game disk and I made the rip myself so it most likely your copy of the game is faulty, if you have downloaded it try downloading other versions cause the internet is full of faulty GC isos sadly!

Thank for your answer. I've dumped it again & have got the same issue. Here is MD5 CRC for my iso — fc936c9b0144c925b45b805fd39da2ac. Could you check yours

What type of media do you use to store game? Is it discex, discex -c, gcreex or something else?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

http://cfg-loader-mo...cfg70MODr47.dol
Okay, I did that. Progress! :yaywii:

Now I see that at least I can rip directly to USB now, which is a plus :) I haven't checked if I could use cheats with the GC games yet, however. If that fails, is there a way to load cheats for these games? really have been itching to play through and complete Thousand Year Door, among other things...

Though, one thing that is a bit concerning; I'm now up to ripping my multi-disk games (the Resident Evils, mainly), and while it rips Disc 1 no problem, it does appear to skip right over Disc 2. It'll show up and recognize it is "Disc 2" of a game as opposed to Disc 1, but doesn't actually seem to spend the time to rip it like it does for Disc 1. Should I worry about this? :ninja:

You can use cheats with gamecube games just fine with the latest version of cfg. Just use cfg to download the cheat file,select the codes you want and then save the gct file.CFG will do everything for you and save it in the proper place.

I'm not to sure about the multi disc ripping issue your having.I know it was addressed in cfg already but i'll have to find the information on it first to see what the process is for multi disc games.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've noticed DM some times just turn off my console or hang before DM logo. A few games (Sonic Adventure 2, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Mario Kart & Mario Party 5) worked flawlessly with only rare hang/black screen issues mentioned above, while others (Alien Hominid, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance & Shadow the Hedgehog) requires a lot of the console reboots to pass to the progressive mode dialog and then hangs with no sign of life.

Could it be the HDD issue? 1TB Seagate ST1000LM024 hardware, powered in both ports, full size FAT32 active partition with 32kb cluster. No problems with bunch of homebrews, wii native games and even some of GC titles.

paok4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello guys.

I'm having an issue with DM 2.0 and up. For some reason, games aren't fully filling my screen on all axis. I have black bars on the sides even with 16x9 forced, and I have a black bar on the bottom of my screen at all times. The DM logo fills the screen properly though, so is there a configuration parameter I might be missing, or is it a fault with DM?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Thank for your answer. I've dumped it again & have got the same issue. Here is MD5 CRC for my iso — fc936c9b0144c925b45b805fd39da2ac. Could you check yours

What type of media do you use to store game? Is it discex, discex -c, gcreex or something else?

Aside from Phantasy Star Online (for certain reasons) all my games are formatted to DiskEx format, most are compressed except for about four games that need to be not compressed, Shadow The Hedgehog works fine for me on DiskEX compressed, if I may ask which loader do you use? Cause if I remember correctly Shadow The Hedgehog is one of the games that needed the "no disk+" option to be turned off, almost all games (if not all) work fine with the no disk+ option turned off!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out