Status
Not open for further replies.

monteno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, Thanks for your work, I have a problem with the newest releases, the only loader working is Neogamma, if I try to load a game with another loader it will load the game I previously loaded on Neogamma.
¿It's only me?

again keep with the great work :D

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I havent been updated recently... tell me, does tales of symphonia (its a 2-disc game) work yet?
If no, ah well. if yes, time to update!

dont tell me to update anyways, I never update unless needed :3

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Man some of u pounce on issues like they're forbidden. Just stick with what works for you until otherwise tested and recommended by the community.

If you're going to try out something new give some constructive feedback not bitching and complaining. upgrading is a process of feature addition, bug addition and bug fixes so just relax people rest assured with the proper input and time things will be worked on and ironed out.

Remember many of us have different setups and what works or doesn't work for one of us doesn't mean it will or won't work for someone else.

Anyway now that 1.2 is using the GCloader again does that mean that the IPL crediar wrote from scratch is no longer being used and that distribution to real NAND will no longer be available in WAD format??

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I havent been updated recently... tell me, does tales of symphonia (its a 2-disc game) work yet?
If no, ah well. if yes, time to update!

dont tell me to update anyways, I never update unless needed :3

It works but there is currently no way to switch discs which means you will need to use an emulator to get past that part.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like I said earlier, crediar removed nintendo's code which was ported from the Gamecube and replaced it with his own.

There will still be wad downloads available on the development site.

Reactions: 1 person

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys... This is the first time I've tried DML since it only worked with SNEEK.... Which was a while back.

I've tried loading Super Mario Sunshine with Fix94's Loader and CFG USB Loader.

Both hang at the GCLoader screen for me.

Any idea how I can fix this? BTW what is the IRC Channel Info so I can get some help in there and not clog this thread up. ;)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still using the old DML r58 but I'm thinking to try the new DML so I was wondering does it work with USB Loader GX and NeoGamma yet or not? Also does the old iso format work or I have to convert isos again? thanks!

And thanks for crediar and DML team for the new update, keep up the good work :yaywii:

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still using the old DML r58 but I'm thinking to try the new DML so I was wondering does it work with USB Loader GX and NeoGamma yet or not? Also does the old iso format work or I have to convert isos again? thanks!

And thanks for crediar and DML team for the new update, keep up the good work :yaywii:
The old ISO format still works, and you will not need to re-convert unless you want to.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it! I went into the settings and turned on No Disc, set the video mode manually to NTSC480i, and set the loader method to "old". Now Super Mario Sunshine boots for me. :D

Anyone gotten NMM working on any games in 1.2?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

The old ISO format still works, and you will not need to re-convert unless you want to.

Glad to hear, do you know if the new format compress games more or not? Cause my GC collection should take about 22GB but with the old iso format they take up to 32GB!

Also can anyone confirm if Shadow The Hedgehog and Rayman 3 work without a disk in the new DML, cause that's the main reason why I'm thinking to update!

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm nmm used to work on mario kart DD, but now with 1.2 it doesnt :\ .. now it says theres no memory card inserted and mario party 5 went from corrupt card to no card inserted

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey fix, are you sure your loader is set to work with 1.2 ? when i asked cred about the nmm issue he said " dont you think nmm isnt enabled", but i enabled in in your loader fix.. maybe your loader isnt ready for 1.2 yet?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

Glad to hear, do you know if the new format compress games more or not? Cause my GC collection should take about 22GB but with the old iso format they take up to 32GB!

Also can anyone confirm if Shadow The Hedgehog and Rayman 3 work without a disk in the new DML, cause that's the main reason why I'm thinking to update!
I'm not sure why you would be having that issue, are you certain you're using DiscEX with the -c option? I've got over 30 games and I compressed most with DiscEx, and it never made the game larger. Either way you have a good excuse to try out the new format, if I were you I would convert them regardless since you have nothing to lose but extra GB of space lol.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm not sure why you would be having that issue, are you certain you're using DiscEX with the -c option? I've got over 30 games and I compressed most with DiscEx, and it never made the game larger. Either way you have a good excuse to try out the new format, if I were you I would convert them regardless since you have nothing to lose but extra GB of space lol.
Just to clarify about all the format changing, BOTH DiscEX and GCReEx should make the game take up LESS space than the orignial ISO. I think any comments about something being bigger would just be that files extracted with GCReEx MIGHT take up more space on the SD card than the files compressed with DiscEX since any small files that get extracted and are less then the cluster size will have to occupy a WHOLE cluster. (That's what the "Size on disk:" thing in the properties window in Windows is all about.) All the separate extracted files could have just that little bit of padding on them making the whole game just a little bigger than the DiscEX version but still SMALLER than the original ISO image.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to clarify about all the format changing, BOTH DiscEX and GCReEx should make the game take up LESS space than the orignial ISO. I think any comments about something being bigger would just be that files extracted with GCReEx MIGHT take up more space on the SD card than the files compressed with DiscEX since any small files that get extracted and are less then the cluster size will have to occupy a WHOLE cluster. (That's what the "Size on disk:" thing in the properties window in Windows is all about.) All the separate extracted files could have just that little bit of padding on them making the whole game just a little bigger than the DiscEX version but still SMALLER than the original ISO image.
Exactly and I couldn't have said it any better, you should always end up with a smaller file then ISO image [member='sonictopfan'], even if just slightly since some games are barely compressed ;-)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes I used DiscEX with -c :O most Mario games take the same size or a bit tad but Sonic games and most third party ones take more space, Taz Wanted for example while the original game is around 350MBs the converted iso is around 1.5GB :O maybe it has something to do with the way I ripped my disks?

Not trying to be rude but the sizes I mentioned are what they took in my hard drive, I didn't say anything about the SD card, I bought a 32GB SD card and I have about 3GB worth of Wiiware and emulators and homebrew stuff on it, my whole GC collection while compressed with GCUtility and compressed as .rar combined together are around 22GB yet when I converted them to the DML format they took exactly 32GB on my hard drive making me only able to copy 75% of my GC games on the 32GB SD while getting yet another 8GB SD only for those few games left, I'm not complaining or anything but I'm only reporting my problem, maybe I'm doing something wrong, idk, but I always choose "compress" when converting the games with DiscEX except for Virtua Striker 2002 since I noticed the game only works when not compressed, I will report that I ripped my own disks and didn't download them off the internet!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Not trying to be rude but the sizes I mentioned are what they took in my hard drive, I didn't say anything about the SD card, I bought a 32GB SD card and I have about 3GB worth of Wiiware and emulators and homebrew stuff on it, my whole GC collection while compressed with GCUtility and compressed as .rar combined together are around 22GB yet when I converted them to the DML format they took exactly 32GB on my hard drive making me only able to copy 75% of my GC games on the 32GB SD while getting yet another 8GB SD only for those few games left, I'm not complaining or anything but I'm only reporting my problem, maybe I'm doing something wrong, idk, but I always choose "compress" when converting the games with DiscEX except for Virtua Striker 2002 since I noticed the game only works when not compressed, I will report that I ripped my own disks and didn't download them off the internet!
Oh, I get it. Yeah, I guess it's not the best use of the term "compress".
All it DiscEX actually does is similar to what GCUtility does. It strips off the padding at the beginning of the disk that the manufacturer added to move the files out to the edge of the disk where it's faster to read. It then ends up smaller and, therefore "compressed".
It doesn't really compress it in terms of the RAR or ZIP compression. I never thought about it but I guess for some reason the resulting image file might be harder for that kind of compression program to really shrink down any further.

I think an actual compressed disk image would be going from ISO format to CISO format. (like what uLoader uses.) I think that's the same as changing from GCM files to GCZ in terms of the Dolphin emulator for PC but, unfortunately, DML doesn't support that. My guess is that it would slow down reading times, too, which is a trade-off many are not willing to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next