Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the new development site already has it as a wad, you won't find any elf files on there at all.

Edit: Has anyone had any luck getting the "new" DML working successfully with no-disc support as yet, using either the new GCReEx or the old DiscEx file structure?

**Unless you know how to get DML v1.0
working properly... Do Not Update!**

It's recommended to stay with DML r58 (or alternatively, a revision of DML which works based on user preference) for the time being.

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revisions are no longer treated as the version of DML

Please be aware that loading games from USB drive is not(yet) possible.

Using SDHC cards up to 32GB is possible, format them to FAT32 64KB cluster size for best compatibility.

Before you use this software make sure that your Wii is backwards-compatible to gamecube games because newly released Wiis(beginning with 2011 holiday season) which are lacking the gamecube controller/ memory card ports can make no use of DML.

Still under heavy development and ongoing progress.
Features:
Load Gamecube ISOs from SD card
Load extracted Gamecube ISOs from SD card
Emulate Memorycard (NoMoreMemory)
Cheat codes
USBGecko debugging
Changeable configuration of various settings
Reset/Power off via GC controller key combo
Realnand and emunand support

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
i have tried this wad and all it does for me is reset my wii so far will do some more testing with my gecko later but for now not working for me
Hmm, that's interesting. The old DML just turned the Wii off. It didn't reset it when it had an error. I know resetting is what a clean MIOS does when it finds a burned disk in the drive. Maybe this is a side effect of them taking out the ability to play retail disks.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been following DML for a while now,

Any progress on getting the disc swap to work on MGS:Twin Snakes?
If it works (I checked the FAQ, says it does), how do I swap discs?

I would like to know that as well, but for Tales of Symphonia and Baiden Katos.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I would like to know that as well, but for Tales of Symphonia and Baiden Katos.

no, not possible.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
I think crediar (or another dev) should remove the new v1 dml wad from the download list, it clearly hasn't been tested enough. And actually I don't see any point at all that he so quickly released a "version" like that, not fully tested nor functional. Oh well.. hopefully we will see a v1.01 or something simular in a near future and then I also hopes he atleast add some documentation along with the wad or on a wiki page.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think crediar (or another dev) should remove the new v1 dml wad from the download list, it clearly hasn't been tested enough. And actually I don't see any point at all that he so quickly released a "version" like that, not fully tested nor functional. Oh well.. hopefully we will see a v1.01 or something simular in a near future and then I also hopes he atleast add some documentation along with the wad or on a wiki page.

How can you even say that? You think crediar would really release something "..., not fully tested nor functional" ?
Though it should be clear that you can't test all loaders with every configuration out there.

crediar actually even let others test it (in the #DML channel) and it worked just fine for them.

So if you really want to get it working cut the complaining and post something helpful and not that "not working" bs!

LuigiBlood

Mage Robot
Trophies
Website
luigiblood.neocities.org
XP
Country
France
crediar actually even let others test it (in the #DML channel) and it worked just fine for them.

So if you really want to get it working cut the complaining and post something helpful and not that "not working" bs!
Actually, I was the one who mostly tested it because for some reason on my Wii, DML 1.0 doesn't work when in 576i (50 hz).
What's really weird though, the first pre-release test version, it worked fine in 576i...

Anyway, it works in 480i and 480p. Played Kirby Air Ride (Extracted ISO) for about 2 hours. No errors or anything.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@SanGor or @[member='LuigiBlood']: how do you get DML v1.0 (using no-disc) working, especailly with the new or old format? :/

As I tried it with the old format (no-disc) through all the loaders which I have available and they get stuck at the IPL screen, no loading at all: DML Loader v8, NeoGamma beta 9 r56 and CFG Loader MOD r27.

LuigiBlood

Mage Robot
Trophies
Website
luigiblood.neocities.org
XP
Country
France
What FIX94 made. He's developing the v0.9 right now.
And so far I've tested, I get the same problems about DML, but the menu works fine.
I asked him to add a Progressive Video Mode because that's the only way I can get it working for sure.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I refer to it as DML Loader. Anyway... I'll keep an eye out for that. Did he say it would support the new format and with DML v1.0?

By the way, video options won't work yet with the new DML (but, you already knew that).

LuigiBlood

Mage Robot
Trophies
Website
luigiblood.neocities.org
XP
Country
France
So... Just found back my old normal cables...
DML 1.0 works with it, but not with the comp. cables, which is only Progressive Mode accepted...

Ok, I know what's the problem now... But I don't want to play with those cables.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    i was playing wii party
  • light27 @ light27:
    u*
  • light27 @ light27:
    but i only got to play for like
  • light27 @ light27:
    3 seconds
  • light27 @ light27:
    younger me would've never thought that I would have a wii u now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +2
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.