Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Storywise? About till Binary Castle I think. That would be... um 80% on Text I guess? So close to the end.
But even then it's not simply a matter of insert and you're good to go.
So on paper the translation is close to be done I think. But on reality I can't insert it.
This are the facts.
You surpassed me the moment you began learning Japanese. lol

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is that the main problem "text/character limit"
i thought it was the program/insertion it self was the causing problem

It basically is like that: Either we can insert text but we have a limit, or if we insert as much as we want it causes the game to crash.
Both solutions have proven to be not that good.

Xokes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It basically is like that: Either we can insert text but we have a limit, or if we insert as much as we want it causes the game to crash.
Both solutions have proven to be not that good.

So I'm guessing you're simply translating the game to a txt file, while trying to figure out how to bypass that problem..

Offtopic: So how's your academic life romsstar? xD

SuperSZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Romsstar I'm not trying to be negative or anything, but what will happen if it turns out that it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a solution? (like, the game is only meant to run the way it's made and that kind of text modifications are imcompatible, no matter what). Or you're 100% sure that it's something that can be fixed, but it's just a matter of time?

vleerluna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello
I'm so gratefull and happy that all of you who are working on this are making a full english translated patch
but I actually have a question
is it possible that when the patch comes out that I can play this patch on a psp emulator aswell
because the latest version makes the game run with the 100% right grafics if the configuration is done well ( which I did )

jpcsp3.png

even thought the speed is kinda slow, but it doesn't really matter since it works properly now, which it didn't before

or will you only make it available to people who have a real psp

that is kinda what I wanted to know

but still keep up the awesome job because you people really make this old digimon fan happy

Iscu16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If the text limit is the prob u can use small words like :
because = cuzz
for you = 4 u
Later = L8R
Or stuff like that if there isnt a way 2 fix the text limit ........ just saying :)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Romsstar I'm not trying to be negative or anything, but what will happen if it turns out that it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a solution? (like, the game is only meant to run the way it's made and that kind of text modifications are imcompatible, no matter what). Or you're 100% sure that it's something that can be fixed, but it's just a matter of time?

I believe that there is nothing that is impossible at all. Especially when we are talking about game and mechanics.
I mean if you would ask me to change the weather or make USA a little bit more environment-friendly, I guess yeah those tasks are beyond the capable of doing.
And certainly beyond me.

But from my expertise : As long as you spend enough time, you can change ANYTHING in a game that is not bound to the hardware.
And according to the tests StorMyu run, this should be pretty doable. So, for all intents and purposes: It IS indeed only a matter of time.

Ah yeah someone asked about Academic life... Well guys, I got a job as a translator of Japanese to German in a Translating company.
My professors gave me some off time for that. But I still got to do the homework and the exams though. XD
But well I guess my Japanese skills will improve even more? XD Too bad it's translating into German though.
Sure I'm on Native level (In German haha not Japanese), but somehow I wish I could improve my English a little bit more.
My grammar kinda sucks sometimes.xD

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll be more than happy to help rephrase certain segments of text once y'all figure out how to get it all inserted. I mean, I'm already assisting with the unofficial localization of Lost Evolution, so why not throw another Digimon game into the mix, eh?

Xokes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd be more than happy to help with the localization too. Even though my native language isn't english, I'm pretty fluent at it, so when the time comes, feel free to give me a call.

And congratulations on that job of yours, I'm happy for you :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ