Translation Digimon Story - Lost Evolution : English Dubbed Translation and Other Hacks

acemon33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanzania
It's very simple, you just need to use Normatt's PakEditor tool to edit the text directly from the MESPAK00.PAK file (don't forget to save).

I don't know how to thank you Pious, that what I was looking for months, till I said I have to reverse Kaido's tool uncompress routine!!

digimon story__11032.png

I found some stuff in memory, now I can make them permanent, I have some ideas like inserting custom digimon, manipulating digivolution trees, etc..
once I'm ready I will dig deeper & open discord channel, some people will be interested, perhaps we can work together :D

very thanks to legend Normmatt, I wish one day to get to his level!!!

now it will be open for romhackers!!B-)

Reactions: Pious

acemon33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanzania
Are you sure you can do it alone?
I'm not good at English, so I have an offer to cooperate :)

mostly welcome, I would like to team-up !!
but at the mean time I'm finishing my current tools, after that I will go deeper into Digimon NDS games,
The Translation has been done so our goals will be beyond that like:
- Adding digimons from Dusk / Dawn / Xros Wars or perhaps custom one
- Customizing Digimon state / digivolutions
- Randomizing skills / digimon digivolutions / encounter digimons
- Perhapse fix some issues like game mechanics
- Adding new scenarios / bosses / quests

I don't have such great skills especially in Graphics, but I'm learning everyday,
and
Working with different people on the same thing is great experience!!!
thats why we have platforms like Discord:)

Reactions: Ikari65

Lontra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
oh guys i am really feeling bad with a digimon xros wars with two versions that can't battle against other D:

i am really bad at coding, but i really feel hope that one day they will get that function in the mod of xros wars :D

acemon33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanzania
oh guys i am really feeling bad with a digimon xros wars with two versions that can't battle against other D:

i am really bad at coding, but i really feel hope that one day they will get that function in the mod of xros wars :D
sadly the online feature cannot be done as you expect, it requires reversing the game & understanding how nds wifi works,
which make it extremely difficult.
better to create entire game from the beginning!!!

Lontra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
sadly the online feature cannot be done as you expect, it requires reversing the game & understanding how nds wifi works,
which make it extremely difficult.
better to create entire game from the beginning!!!
oh sorry i think that i said wrong way, i was trying to say about local connection like digimon world dusk and dawn with two ds near can connect to each other battling, doing eggs and trading, it is really fun to play with my bro, with exclusives, and others, i want to battle and trade against and with my bro that plays xros wars red, i play xros wars blue :D

but we was trying to find the local multiplayer feature of battling and trading with each other in lost but we didn't found D:
we are really hopeful and we trust you guys that one day we will play together lost evo and xros wars red and blue :D

acemon33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanzania
oh sorry i think that i said wrong way, i was trying to say about local connection like digimon world dusk and dawn with two ds near can connect to each other battling, doing eggs and trading, it is really fun to play with my bro, with exclusives, and others, i want to battle and trade against and with my bro that plays xros wars red, i play xros wars blue :D

I know what you mean at the beginning,
whatever it is local or online connections, it needs NDS SDK which contain wi-fi hardware instructions, beside that you don't have the game source code.

acemon33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanzania
but we was trying to find the local multiplayer feature of battling and trading with each other in lost but we didn't found D:
we are really hopeful and we trust you guys that one day we will play together lost evo and xros wars red and blue :D

regarding Lost Evolution, I played alot with my brothers by using melon ds emulator, it has local multiplayer feature on the same pc,
you can check here: (the old version)

but better get the latest one which is easier (no extra tools) and more stable

Lontra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I know what you mean at the beginning,
whatever it is local or online connections, it needs NDS SDK which contain wi-fi hardware instructions, beside that you don't have the game source code.
hello acemon, i play with my bro using local functions of 3ds, but i have hope that it will be possible one day with the lost evo and xros wars :D

Lontra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
regarding Lost Evolution, I played alot with my brothers by using melon ds emulator, it has local multiplayer feature on the same pc,
you can check here: (the old version)

but better get the latest one which is easier (no extra tools) and more stable

oh amazing nice video and nice digis that you have, let's cheer to people make these functions of local or online(i prefer local) for digimon xros wars and lost evo

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

Pink and Blue = Harley Quinn
OP
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
mostly welcome, I would like to team-up !!
but at the mean time I'm finishing my current tools, after that I will go deeper into Digimon NDS games,
The Translation has been done so our goals will be beyond that like:
- Adding digimons from Dusk / Dawn / Xros Wars or perhaps custom one
- Customizing Digimon state / digivolutions
- Randomizing skills / digimon digivolutions / encounter digimons
- Perhapse fix some issues like game mechanics
- Adding new scenarios / bosses / quests

I don't have such great skills especially in Graphics, but I'm learning everyday,
and
Working with different people on the same thing is great experience!!!
thats why we have platforms like Discord:)
IF U WANT A SUGGESTION, IT WOULD B AMAZING USING LEVIAMON FROM DIGIMON WORLD DS. I'D LIKE TO HAVE REPLACED IT BY PUKUMON, ALSO REPLACING THAT ULTIMATE ONE BY MARINDEVIMON TOO. SOMEDAY I'M GOIN TO DO IT, OR NOT!
LMAO

acemon33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanzania
IF U WANT A SUGGESTION, IT WOULD B AMAZING USING LEVIAMON FROM DIGIMON WORLD DS. I'D LIKE TO HAVE REPLACED IT BY PUKUMON, ALSO REPLACING THAT ULTIMATE ONE BY MARINDEVIMON TOO. SOMEDAY I'M GOIN TO DO IT, OR NOT!
LMAO
despite the Dawn / Dusk use the same compression format (pak) but it is different version from Lost Evolution & Xros Wars,

regarding Digimon World DS, the files are encrypted, hope one day someone write a tool for that, or perhapse this tool may do: https://github.com/Garhoogin/NitroPaint

DigiRikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, im having some issues! Im playing the game on a New 2DS but the game keeps freezing after leaving the Digi Base proceding to the down path (before the Boss Battle with Uno, Dos and Tres). Help?

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

OP
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
despite the Dawn / Dusk use the same compression format (pak) but it is different version from Lost Evolution & Xros Wars,

regarding Digimon World DS, the files are encrypted, hope one day someone write a tool for that, or perhapse this tool may do: https://github.com/Garhoogin/NitroPaint
I used to use some files from digimon world ds, at least I think so... I used to see digimon sprites using Tinke, but never tried to insert them inside pak files... I used to do this thing with those 7 Great Demon Lords...

Isso_Non_Ecxiste

OP
Trophies
Website
www.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, im having some issues! Im playing the game on a New 2DS but the game keeps freezing after leaving the Digi Base proceding to the down path (before the Boss Battle with Uno, Dos and Tres). Help?
What model of R4 thing u owning? I have 2 kinds of patch, one just for dstt users, using YSMenu (having no Shoutmon and others) and the other patch for all kinds of R4 I think so... tested with R4 Wood, R4isdhc, R4Gold having a different kind of wood. All of 'em worked pretty fine. Maybe u can get a freeze thing with dstt YSMenu after saving somewhere but it does not happen all the time.

DigiRikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What model of R4 thing u owning? I have 2 kinds of patch, one just for dstt users, using YSMenu (having no Shoutmon and others) and the other patch for all kinds of R4 I think so... tested with R4 Wood, R4isdhc, R4Gold having a different kind of wood. All of 'em worked pretty fine. Maybe u can get a freeze thing with dstt YSMenu after saving somewhere but it does not happen all the time.
No r4, using CFW + twilight menu (Running on standard dsi hardware).

seremonts

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HI !!!
I'm Brazilian and I'm looking for a ROM translated at least into English, which of these links do I use and how do I apply the translation? In Digimon Story Lost Evolution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.