Gaming Differences between FE Emblem Fates: Special Edition and FE Fates:Birthright/Conquest

dabu-sapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is 'special' about the Special Editon of Fire Emblem Fates? What are the differences between the special edition and the normal (Birthright/Conquest) editions?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As far as I know, the special edition has both paths plus a third "on your own"-type path. Someone else can chime in as that's really all I've read about it.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is 'special' about the Special Editon of Fire Emblem Fates? What are the differences between the special edition and the normal (Birthright/Conquest) editions?
It has all three bundled in as a choice in the relevant part of the game, so instead of buying the DLC you get all three versions.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fates is basically a combination of three different campaigns - the Birthright and Conquest one, each the only one on their carts by default, plus the third Revelations path, which is available exclusively as DLC. The exception is the Special Edition cart, which has all three on one cart.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i buy the special edition as retail, can i choose between

- Birthright
- Conquest
- Revelations

at the beginning?
Not at the beginning of the game but at chapter 6 or so IIRC, in the relevant point of the story, you get a choice between something (which family you join? I dunno) that represents the game versions.

dabu-sapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does it also mean the normal retail editions (Birthright and Conquest) are both equal till chapter 6 without any additional dlc? And after a special event/relevant point they develop into their own way?

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The special edition is the only way to get all three games on one card :)
Otherwise, you have to download 2 of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol