Did Nintendo just strengthen anti-piracy checks on their latest games? Discuss

download.jpg

Owners of the Sky3DS flashcart for Nintendo 3DS are starting to sweat because two of the latest 3DS games cannot be played; this is supposedly caused by an upgrade of the anti-piracy checks on the console. The two games are:
  • Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (JP)
  • Fire Emblem If (JP)
The Sky3DS card itself isn't "banned", you can still play other games, but these two won't launch at all. Sadly it seems the card cannot be fully upgraded to bypass these checks. It is assumed that future releases will also bear these upgraded AP checks; we will know when more games are released.

Furthermore, users of the custom firmware on the "old" Nintendo 3DS are reportedly unable to play Animal Crossing (while Fire Emblem functions normally). We will report any additional information on the subject as soon as we can.

:arrow: Source: discussion thread

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's a minimod. They don't have titles.

I asked people to knock it off and keep the thread on topic, which was better than watching those two go at it like an old, married couple. And I don't know what he wrote that he edited, but I'm sure it wasn't very nice.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that ironic? Pirates not wanting their work pirated/copied. :3

I guess, but than again how would you feel if someone duped your work to make it easy for them to cash in on it, knowing well that you and your team put some effort to be the first on the market and have put in more time to expand on supported firmware and additional hardware? I'd be pissed as fucked.

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ignored this tread a while since it was going terrebly off topic.
Soooo, any update on the SKy3DS situation? There is still nothing to be found on their website, and their template file lists all of the fire emblem lf games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello