Hacking Did Nintendo disable USB loader?

89Alexander89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been using Homebrew ever since the old Wii, I've also set up Homebrew on other Wii's so I know what I'm doing, but this has stumped me...

I have been using homebrew on vWii for ages now, and today I've gone into USBLoaderGX and every time I choose a game, I get nothing but a blank screen.
No Idea what has caused this, considering I've been using this previously without a problem.

I've tweaked with the video mode too, no idea what has caused it? Did Nintendo disable it with a update?

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if there hasn't been an update since the day before yesterday(when i set up OpenDNS to block them), then that most definitely isn't the case.
Maybe your USB-Device is faulty or you accidentally switched to a not-installed IOS in settings. It's not from an update to say the least

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo haven't updated the vWii mode and most likely never will. They've pretty much given up trying to stop wii homebrew. They're just trying to keep us out of the Wii U - which by the looks of the forums recently, isn't working very well.

Try a USB drive with a single game to see if it works, it could be your hard drive.

Try different cables they may not be functioning properly, stranger things have happened.

Your settings could even be bad.

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nintendo haven't updated the vWii mode and most likely never will. They've pretty much given up trying to stop wii homebrew. They're just trying to keep us out of the Wii U - which by the looks of the forums recently, isn't working very well.

Try a USB drive with a single game to see if it works, it could be your hard drive.

Try different cables they may not be functioning properly, stranger things have happened.

Your settings could even be bad.
my bets are on the settings since the games are still showing up in usb-loader probably with the right names, which means usbl recognizes them and manages to read out ID-Information. if it's a faulty cable it doesn't recognize these. It could still be the USB-Device itself, tho. maybe it became too slow due to bad fragmentation or similar. if resetting settings to default doesn't work i would highly suggest using another USB-Device, maybe a Stick you got flying around, as those usually are a lot faster then 2.0 USB-HDDs.

89Alexander89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, it doesn't want to work on the normal Wii neither, I ruled out the HDD because it lights up and the games list is there ( i managed to get Calling working, but it fades to black after the Hudson Bee logo) , if i use a thumbdrive do i need to format it to wbfs?

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, it doesn't want to work on the normal Wii neither, I ruled out the HDD because it lights up and the games list is there ( i managed to get Calling working, but it fades to black after the Hudson Bee logo) , if i use a thumbdrive do i need to format it to wbfs?

Try CFG Loader of WiiFlow. If one of those works, then the problem is with USB Loader GX. If neither works, then your HDD may be failing. (Not totally dead, but some sectors may be bad.)

Jackall4BDN

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ohhhh, you still format your devices to wbfs? nobody does that anymore and developer-support went down nearly instantly after they got FAT32 working...
Format your thumbdrive to FAT32 and use Wii-BackupManager to move games on it http://wii-homebrew.com/jdownloads/nintendo-wii-downloads/pc-tools/wii-backup-manager/ (Or replicate the needed folderstructure, yourself, but with the manager it's easier)

Try CFG Loader of WiiFlow. If one of those works, then the problem is with USB Loader GX. If neither works, then your HDD may be failing. (Not totally dead, but some sectors may be bad.)
Once again, if SO many sectors where bad, that he couldn't actually get a single game to start, his gamelist wouldn't show up. And if using another loader works, it's just a settings-problems as they are on-par when it comes to features and gamemanagement

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, don't bother using FAT32. In fact, i've heard of cases where WBFS formatted drives don't work with USB loader, because of drive or settings. Try a FAT32 formatted HDD or USB drive, then use the Backupmanager to move games. It is much more efficient and you still have the rest of the drive to use as you like. I keep my gamecube, wii, PS2, Emunand for WADs and backups of pictures and important files - all on the same drive. WBFS is just a waste nowadays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing