pan_piwko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hello

Iv just restored boot0 and boot1

I can boot into CFW ! Next step is download official 6.2 to "unbrick it" and wait for ossicial TX Sx os update?

Last edited by pan_piwko,

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello

I can boot into CFW ! Next step is download official 6.2 to "unbrick it" and wait for ossicial TX Sx os update?
Nah I'd say either stay on 5.1 or update to 6.1 using ChoidujourNX so you can still enjoy your CFW, why would you go back to 6.2 ? As long as you don't need to boot without going through RCM (which you won't if you always boot to SXOS) everything will be fine. If you don't want to bother with the jig you can just activate autoRCM.
Here is the topic for ChoidujourNX : https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you know, this has been bothering me for a while now, if a nand restore requires a boot0/1 backup so much, why is it not automatically backed up when you do a rawnand?
I'd bet so much money half the people with a nand backup never backed boot0/1...

Reactions: Shift-X

Shift-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know, this has been bothering me for a while now, if a nand restore requires a boot0/1 backup so much, why is it not automatically backed up when you do a rawnand?
I'd bet so much money half the people with a nand backup never backed boot0/1...
You're striking a valid point there...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hello

If you don't mind booting into CFW every time you put your console to sleep then Stay on the lower firmware. If you do mind, update back to 6.2 and wait it out.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah I guess it wouldn't hurt to let users dump all three drives in a row, especially since Boot0 and Boot1 are so fast to backup.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
better yet, incorporate boot0/1 in a full backup so its one file
From what I understand (which is not much and not very precise) they are on different eMMC modules, so basically on different flash drives, so I guess that's why they are dumped separately. If anyone who reads that has more knowledge and feels like correcting me if I'm wrong please go ahead :) .

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From what I understand (which is not much and not very precise) they are on different eMMC modules, so basically on different flash drives, so I guess that's why they are dumped separately. If anyone who reads that has more knowledge and feels like correcting me if I'm wrong please go ahead :) .

they likely are, but a dumper could still append the two boot files to the end of a nandbackup and a restorer could grab them from that file.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But now you're creating "artificial files" as opposed to raw dumps. Plus, you now have to reformat restoration tools to accept the "artificial files". And since Hekate is the main tool to restore the NAND with, I'm very doubtful CTCaer would implement such a thing. Not to mention people won't realize their NAND backup is made up of 3 different files now so if they need an individual component, they'll need to redump and...it would create too many headaches.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wont be able to restore OFW unless you didnt burn fuses. You're stuck for now. Lots of homebrew dont work on 6.2. You just need to wait until 6.2 exploit is released. Fuse count 8 is gonna stop you from doing a lot of recommended things on this thread.

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You wont be able to restore OFW unless you didnt burn fuses. You're stuck for now. Lots of homebrew dont work on 6.2. You just need to wait until 6.2 exploit is released. Fuse count 8 is gonna stop you from doing a lot of recommended things on this thread.
No it won't as long as he uses a custom bootloader, since they bypass fuse checks. So if he wants to boot SXOS on 5.1 or 6.1 it will work just fine.

Foundforgood89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question regarding restoring an old NAND. Does anyone know if Save data is tied to the NAND? I accidentally updated to 6.2.0 and wanted to restore to 6.1.0 but didn't want to lose save data in the progress if a hack tool is around the corner.

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a quick question regarding restoring an old NAND. Does anyone know if Save data is tied to the NAND? I accidentally updated to 6.2.0 and wanted to restore to 6.1.0 but didn't want to lose save data in the progress if a hack tool is around the corner.

as far as i know, is nand restore pretty much takes your switch back in time to the point of when the nand was made. so any games, saves you made after the nand back-up will be gone.

Reactions: LeMageFro

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah it will restore your saves just as they were when you did the backup. If you want to keep saves that have been made between the backup and the unfortunate update you can use HacDiskMount to explore your eMMC and extract them manually : https://gbatemp.net/threads/biskeyd...c-decryption-real-time-mounting-tools.502434/

barbarpappa1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, did a nand restore with boot0 and boot1 and then rawnand.bin and it all went without errors. (backup to 4.1 from 6.2)
Still cant get it to work though. Trying to load reinx payload with tegrarcm give me "invalid package2 error"
any suggestions?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesson of the day: Don't let anyone you don't trust use your switch if it's hacked. Especially little sisters/brothers who don't know what they're doing.

Reactions: LeMageFro

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, did a nand restore with boot0 and boot1 and then rawnand.bin and it all went without errors. (backup to 4.1 from 6.2)
Still cant get it to work though. Trying to load reinx payload with tegrarcm give me "invalid package2 error"
any suggestions?
That sounds like a problem with your ReiNX installation rather than with your nand. Try reinstalling everything ReiNX related from the latest version. If it doesn't work try booting Atmosphere or even the stock firmware using the latest Kosmos bundle.

barbarpappa1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Same error after re-install of ReiNX. (tried 2 different versions) and also same error message with the atmosphere payload.
Tried to launch CFW from bootloader gives me "unknown package1, failed to launch firmware) same error when trying to launch stock.
Booting to OFW gives bluescreen.

I think that this is not possible to fix once you have been on 6.2 and restore back?

Last edited by barbarpappa1,

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same error after re-install of ReiNX. (tried 2 different versions) and also same error message with the atmosphere payload.
Tried to launch CFW from bootloader gives me "unknown package1, failed to launch firmware) same error when trying to launch stock.
Booting to OFW gives bluescreen.

I think that this is not possible to fix once you have been on 6.2 and restore back?
Hmm it must be a nand problem after all then, one last thing you can try is to follow this tutorial to reinstall a full clean firmware :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

barbarpappa1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I also tried that guide yesterday. got error with keys.txt and later gave up.
There is no way to retrieve the keys with 8 burnt fuses it seems. I always get error with biskeydump and it cant retrieve the tsek key.
I am out of ideas atm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo