Homebrew Did I Brick my Wii U by Homebrewing?

IBrickedMyWiiPlsHelp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
Sorry in advance, I'm very new to this.
Anyways, I spent the day today installing and familiarizing myself with the Wii U Homebrew Channel and various apps. I had everything seemingly up and running until when I was trying to install a game from an SD card onto my Nand through Wup Installer GX2. The game I was installing, Windwaker HD, quit making progress around 300mb. The system was essentially frozen, and I couldn't do anything to get out of the app. So, I force shut off my Wii U by holding the power button. When I tried to restart it, it wasn't outputting any video signal, and wouldn't connect to the gamepad. I've tried a solution from an old video, where I removed the small battery accessible from outside the case. That didn't help, and I'm really upset by this. This was a system that hasn't seen serious use in a few years, so it's not a huge deal if it's dead, but it belongs to a family member who likes to hold on to old systems like this. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated, but I would also appreciate if someone could just give me an answer as to whether or not it's fully dead. Thanks all!

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you extract the logs from the SLC.bin in the backup and upload them? Then we might be able to see if the console had preexisting problems that might have caused that.

IBrickedMyWiiPlsHelp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do a NAND backup before?

Could you extract the logs from the SLC.bin in the backup and upload them? Then we might be able to see if the console had preexisting problems that might have caused that.
Before I installed Tiramisu, I copied the otp.bin, seeprom.bin, slc.bin, and slccmpt.bin files to my laptop. How do I extract logs from the slc?

IBrickedMyWiiPlsHelp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The logs are in /sys/logs. Just zip the whole logs folder and upload it.

Do you also have the backup of the MLC?
Is there documentation for using the tool you sent? I went through it a little and I'm kind of lost.

Also, no I don't think I did a backup of the MLC. Regretting that now.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just put the executable next to the otp.bin. then you start it and open the slc.bin from the file menu. After that you just select extract all and it will extract everything in a folder next to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone