Did anyone ever found a solution for the DLC of 'Ace attorney: Spirit of Justice'?

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've being hitting a wall (almost literally) for the last four days. And I see from my research that I'm far form being the first one.

I can't seem to install the DLC for this game (CIA format via FBI). The game simply does not find it after I've installed it.
I tried different CIAs, and made sure the DLC and the base game are from the same region. Nothing.

If anybody found a solution to this, I implore you to tell me. My (abused) walls will thank you...

Reactions: Orph3o-89

Orph3o-89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've being hitting a wall (almost literally) for the last four days. And I see from my research that I'm far form being the first one.

I can't seem to install the DLC for this game (CIA format via FBI). The game simply does not find it after I've installed it.
I tried different CIAs, and made sure the DLC and the base game are from the same region. Nothing.

If anybody found a solution to this, I implore you to tell me. My (abused) walls will thank you...

Last edited by Orph3o-89,

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After lots of searching and trying, it seems like it's important to already have a save file created before you install the DLC. I made sure to complete the first episode at the very least. This likely also applies to the previous game, Dual Destinies. It's weird as heck and I can't explain why, but this seemed to do the trick for me.

Do make sure the regions for the base game and DLC match. You can add a locale.txt file to enforce the region as well, which you do in the /luma/<title ID> folder with a simple string in it EUR EN or USA EN, depending on the region. Not neccesary per se, but just in case.

If you already got DLC installed, deinstall it, open the game, make sure you got that save file created as mentioned before, reinstall and then it should work. You can confirm by going to the Extras and DLC menu and check if you can change costumes. The DLC episodes will unlock once you finish the final episode.

So just to be clear, just grabbing a different .cia file from the internet isn't going to solve the problem. You'll find that the DLC files from different sources are identical when compared with a hex editor. It's really just that Ace Attorney DLC is weird compared to your average 3DS DLC and refuses to show up if you install it right alongside the base game.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: SwedishGojira

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, check you PMs :)
Could you openly confirm if @Nynrah 's solution above is the same as yours, or if not, share your solution here on the thread? The point of the forum is in part to document the answers to these problems, there's nothing to gain from keeping it secret on DMs. People often come here to fix issues many years after they're first encountered.

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could you openly confirm if @Nynrah 's solution above is the same as yours, or if not, share your solution here on the thread? The point of the forum is in part to document the answers to these problems, there's nothing to gain from keeping it secret on DMs. People often come here to fix issues many years after they're first encountered.

I have not encountered exactly the same issues as Nynrah. The way I solved this was simply to use different files, which origins are... debatable. This is why I don't post the links in the thread itself (I don't want to break any rule).

For some mysterious reasons, my own files wouldn't work, but somebody else's did. I'm afraid I'm not able to offer more details than this. But I am available to (privately) help out other people if needed - been doing this for almost two years now :)

Reactions: Maximumbeans

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is why I don't post the links in the thread itself (I don't want to break any rule).
Yep but you have offered to pm them which is also against site rules.

Screenshot_20240111_114142_Samsung Internet.jpg

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not encountered exactly the same issues as Nynrah. The way I solved this was simply to use different files, which origins are... debatable. This is why I don't post the links in the thread itself (I don't want to break any rule).

For some mysterious reasons, my own files wouldn't work, but somebody else's did. I'm afraid I'm not able to offer more details than this. But I am available to (privately) help out other people if needed - been doing this for almost two years now :)
That’s helpful to know, thank you. Don’t worry, I wasn’t asking you to share warez or anything, only to elaborate on what method had worked for you.

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The method is actually the same for both me and the OP, but when your first installed file fails to work and you haven't compared whether it's identical to your new DLC file, it is understandably easy to assume that the old file must have been bad.

Just to summarize quick and short:
  • Make sure your region for the base game and DLC match
  • Install the DLC after you created a save
The second point is what trips everyone up, because you just can't reasonably guess or forsee that. That's all. The first file is always bad because it's normal to install updates and DLC right alongside the base game and that's exactly what you're not supposed to do with this specific game.

Reactions: Maximumbeans

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The method is actually the same for both me and the OP, but when your first installed file fails to work and you haven't compared whether it's identical to your new DLC file, it is understandably easy to assume that the old file must have been bad.

Just to summarize quick and short:
  • Make sure your region for the base game and DLC match
  • Install the DLC after you created a save
The second point is what trips everyone up, because you just can't reasonably guess or forsee that. That's all. The first file is always bad because it's normal to install updates and DLC right alongside the base game and that's exactly what you're not supposed to do with this specific game.
Thank you. Hopefully this saves some headaches in future (and I’ll probably be one of them).

Reactions: Nynrah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1