Destiny 2 Already in development

What do you think of Destiny and Its plans for the future?

• Excited and Loved the game!

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Loved the game, announcement sucks

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Hated the Game, Announcement makes me hopeful

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hated the game, This is just stupid

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
so your friend doesnt have to buy a console or game? never.. this is the era of greed and less games are allowing split screen to be programmed due to "mo money"

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware limitation more than anything. The game already runs only in 30fps as it is, even on the 8th gen consoles. Can you imagine how it'd run in split screen?

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If starting work on the sequel this early gives them time to make Destiny 2 what Destiny was expected to be then Im game for it.

I dont usually care for big AAA releases but I enjoy Destiny and Id be happy to have moooarrrrr.

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure it's a hardware limitation more than anything. The game already runs only in 30fps as it is, even on the 8th gen consoles. Can you imagine how it'd run in split screen?
Meh Halo 4 has 4 player split screen on last gen and its pretty. Destiny could run at the very least 2 player splitscreen. The resolution is halved per player its not that big of a deal.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Meh Halo 4 has 4 player split screen on last gen and its pretty. Destiny could run at the very least 2 player splitscreen. The resolution is halved per player its not that big of a deal.
There's a huge difference between a linear stage-based game like Halo where all players stay together at all times, and an open world game like destiny, where separate players are allowed to go anywhere at once. Also, Halo 4 only supports two player split screen in campaign mode. It's much easier to make split screen in arena maps than in a huge open environment like Destiny.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's a huge difference between a linear stage-based game like Halo where all players stay together at all times, and an open world game like destiny, where separate players are allowed to go anywhere at once. Also, Halo 4 only supports two player split screen in campaign mode. It's much easier to make split screen in arena maps than in a huge open environment like Destiny.
Pretty much this.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty lame explanation if you ask me. Borderlands has been open world and splitscreen on old hardware. The graphics aren't more complicated if your characters are separated, the GPU still has minimal more work to do with 2 player splitscreen (particularly because the resolution is halfed per player). Also some visual assets can be scaled back to improve performance if necessary. The CPU needs to keep track of two player's inputs, locations and such. Not a big deal.
The reason that there is no splitscreen is lack of interest on the developers as it would take a great deal of coding to build a splitscreen UI and coordinating the various open world interactions possible across two players. They would need to build the game from ground up while making the necessary splitscreen considerations to make it work. This is a development time issue, not a performance issue. I'm sure it could look as beautiful with splitscreen. The developers don't put in the extra work for a feature they think is not popular amongst consumers.
That is why I'm outspoken about my desire for splitscreen. It's an essential feature to me and I have very little interest in console games that don't offer local multiplayer/co-op. I know I'm not alone, and I wish others would be more outspoken about it. As it stands devs don't care about splitscreen anymore.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pretty lame explanation if you ask me. Borderlands has been open world and splitscreen on old hardware.
Well yes, and I remember the game lagging like f*ck if both players wouldn't be next to each other. In a Action orientated game that relies on a lot on precision you don't want lag at all.
This is a development time issue, not a performance issue.
I don't think so.
First of all there is the before mentioned performance issue. Especially since Consoles can barely keep up with having a 1080p resolution and fluid 60 frames per second in singleplayer campaigns. Even Hyrule Warriors has to reduce it's resolution to 720p during splitscreen coop and gets frame drops every now and then. Which isn't too bad in a warriors game but could be critical in FPS games.
Secondly it's not like Bungie never did a coop Splitscreen before so they already had the necessary experience to work with. It really shouldn't take them that long to do a splitscreen coop if they wanted to.
Lastly this game was and still is a FPS MMOG. Have you ever seen a Splitscreen MMO? I surely haven't. You would probably need a Destiny account with the game attached to it anyway so at this point why not play it over the Internet at home?

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks