Homebrew DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

bambam95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice to see that Yoshi's Island works. That's definitely a great start
yaywii.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lost Magic, Contact, Metal Slug 7, Megaman Battle Network 5 - Double Team DS, Megaman Star Force series, and Megaman ZX Advent added.

EDIT: Megaman Battle Network 5 - Double team DS -- Almost a good news.. check there.
smile.gif

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just added two Castlevania titles to the list. Sadly, both code dump at the moment.

One little interface suggestion I would make is the ability to enlarge either screen to full screen and swap between them with a wiimote press. It seems like for some of the games (Castlevanias, FFIII/IV, NSMB, etc) you could easily play them without a constant presence of the second screen.

Regardless, I'm still amazed at how well Yoshi's Island performs. You guys have done the impossible.

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
added Chrono trigger, Brain age, and N+. none of them worked. i have a few more roms i can test but they are 3d. i guess i'll do them anyway to see if the titlescreen works.

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkShadow96 said:
Mario Kart DS Boots but doesn't run. Metroid Prime Hunters code dumps (obviously) Mario March of the Minis 2 (think that's the name) code dumps.
i added them for you, and also re alphabetized the M list

edit: added more games
warioware touched, warioware diy, age of kings, pokemon mystery dungeon blue, pokemon ranger, linerider 2.

M

myspacee

DeSmuME r68
- confirm Yoshis Island [EUR] works [!]
- both layton games return code dump
- Guida in cucina code dump
- Phoenix Tribals Tribulations code dumps

m.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated the available download to r73. Here's what new:

*I added gamecube controller support throughout the entire app. Controls listed here: http://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/source/detail?r=73

*Dancingninja and baby.lueshi made a few small tweaks to increase the lifespan of games which eventually crash and to increase performance and speed a little

Overall, not a huge next release. Our huge changes aren't ready to committ yet. However, the gamecube controller support was highly requested and will be greatly appreciated by everyone I'm sure.

PS: I'd appreciate if someone did a vid on Yoshi's Island DS. The DeSmuME team doesn't think it's possible for it to be running as fast as Im telling them it is.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I was looking into the code and think I have some optimization for graphic rendering (when copying the NDS screen buffer into textures). It takes benefits of the fact the Wii can handle RGB555 natively (which is the pixel format used by DesMume):

(1) in main.cpp, init()

Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂGX_InitTexObj(&TopTex, TopScreen, 256, 192, GX_TF_RGB5A3, GX_CLAMP, GX_CLAMP, GX_FALSE);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂGX_InitTexObj(&BottomTex, BottomScreen, 256, 192, GX_TF_RGB5A3, GX_CLAMP, GX_CLAMP, GX_FALSE);
instead of

Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂGX_InitTexObj(&TopTex, TopScreen, 256, 192, GX_TF_RGB565, GX_CLAMP, GX_CLAMP, GX_FALSE);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂGX_InitTexObj(&BottomTex, BottomScreen, 256, 192, GX_TF_RGB565, GX_CLAMP, GX_CLAMP, GX_FALSE);

(2) get ride of material_5bit_to_6bit table

(3) in main.cpp, draw()

CODE/* NDS pixel format is 0BBBBBGGGGGRRRRR */
/* GX_TF_RGB5A3 format is 0RRRRRGGGGGBBBBB */
#define RGB15_SWAP(col) ( ((col & 0x001F) > 10) )

static void Draw(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// convert to 4x4 textels for GX
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂu16 *sTop = (u16*)&GPU_screen;
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂu16 *sBottom = sTop +256*192;

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLWP_MutexLock(vidmutex);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfor (int y = 0; y < 192; y++) {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂu16 tile_offset = ((y >> 2)

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
@Jacobeian

Unfortunately, your suggestions screwed up the color pallete and made about 20 or so DS Screens fill what was normally the space for both. However, I believe your 2nd suggestion may be correct. I will look into it a bit more.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions
smile.gif

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Question: How does this (will this) work for up-scaling the rather small resolutions onto rather large TV's?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
OArikadoO said:
@Jacobeian

Unfortunately, your suggestions screwed up the color pallete and made about 20 or so DS Screens fill what was normally the space for both. However, I believe your 2nd suggestion may be correct. I will look into it a bit more.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions
smile.gif

from what I found in your revision changelog
it seems you were not swapping the pixel R & B bits, which indeed would result in wrong colors, there is no reason RGB5A3 could not be used unless you misused it

EDIT: alright, I found the issue thanks to Dolphin code

RGB5A3 is indeed a special format, it is :

RRRRRGGGGGBBBBB if MSB (bit 15) is set
AAARRRRGGGGBBBB if MSB is not set (A being alpha channel)

it's normal you got wrong colors because the graphic hardware was badly decoding colors channels, thinking there was an alpha channel

the correct swap function should be:

CODE#define RGB15_SWAP(col) ( 0x8000 | ((col & 0x001F) > 10) )

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OArikadoO said:
PS: I'd appreciate if someone did a vid on Yoshi's Island DS. The DeSmuME team doesn't think it's possible for it to be running as fast as Im telling them it is.
I'm putting together a quick vid of r73 and Yoshi right now should be up in a few. My auto focus was turned on so it messes up in a place or 2 but it's good enough for people to see.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OArikadoO,

Maybe you can do something about background ? A nice background for DeSmuMe emulator for Wii instead of black screen in the background ?
smile.gif

EDIT: Or we can edit any background of our preferences for it if you can add that ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2