DeSmuME Wii - DS Emulator for Wii in development.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by wiiman123, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    My kids have recently pointed out to me that the DesMuMe WiiFlow plugin doesn't render well for some games.
    This was because I had made it ALWAYS use the GX hardware rendering option. While it's a little bit faster for most games, some games (E.G. New Super Mario Bros.) are completely unplayable because off graphical issues.

I've now made a command line option to choose software or hardware rendering (and included 2 INI files, one for each option with different magic #'s)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mtnlmpa7754llaw/DeSmuMe plugin r253 v2.zip

enjoy.

ToddofWar420 likes this.
  2. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    So where are we on this?

3. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    no where. The creator of Desmume (Arikado) is no longer making anything Wii related. I don't even think Arikado gave the source code. So this project is either dead or coma tose.

4. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 19, 2011
    United States
    What about dancininja?

5. beredezebe

beredezebe Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2010
    France
    It's hosted on Google Code, it's open source : https://code.google.com/p/desmumewii/source/list

6. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    *Deleted post*

7. snikerz

snikerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    Lesotho

8. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    I stand corrected. Even so. I doubt anyone has the patience to get this thing working at a playable speed. Must be a coding god to do so.

9. RockRiver

RockRiver Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    Log time without DeSmuME Wii users????
    I'm trying to use some DS Homebrew Apps through Desmume Wii... (they need FAT reading)

Desmume Initial text said some about:
    "Using CFlash directory:"

But I cannot make Desmume Wii reads a FAT *.img file
    It's needed an special folder?? What's this name? MPCF?? Slot2??
    Desmume Wii could use *.ini file for point to folders, paths?

10. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

Jul 25, 2014
    United States
    So the Nintendo Wii is powerful enough to be able to have DS emulation run decently on it?

11. CeeDee

CeeDee hm?~

May 4, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    Sure, if the only game you want to play is Yoshi's Island DS. Otherwise... Not really.

Natural likes this.
  12. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2017
    Austria
    I have decided to bump this page to inform those yet unaware of the improvements to the DS Emulator for Wii: DeSmuMe Wii.

Thanks to the work of Arikado - scanff - firnis and baby lueshi,

DeSmuME Wii is no longer a Yoshi´s Island DS emulator only.

Apollo Justice - Ace Attorney - Animaniacs Lights Camera Action - Biene Maya - Klatschmohnwiese in Gefahr -

Black Sigil - Blade of the Exiled - Lunar Dragon Song - Magicial Starsign - Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - The Phoenix Wright Series -

Wario Ware Touched!

are all games that although not running Full Speed and having messy Audio, can be considered playable. Games in 3D will most likely perform very bad in the emulator. In most cases, you will do yourself a favour muting the TV.

Check the DeSmuME Wii Compatibility List for new entrys. You can add entrys yourself if you like. Your help is always appreciated. :)

There is also a Github page. Don´t get your hopes up to high though, since the last update was 4 Years ago.

I uploaded the latest build r253 below. Google will help you find a working DS BIOS.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Dodain47, Sep 4, 2017
    Dr.Hacknik likes this.