Hacking delete bad tickets?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will not replace. But you can try it..
Im sorry. But what will not be replaced?

You mean using these Clean .tik files from CIAngel? Or the ones from FunKeyCIA?

You mean this tutorial I wrote on how to use FBI to install .tik files and then install from CDN was wrong?

Directions for FBIv2.0-2.0.5:
1. Have FBIv2 installed on your 3DS.
2. Have the .tik file of the game you want to download somewhere on your SD card.
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it.
4. Visit the eShop on your 3DS and use the searchbar to find your game.
5. In the games page it will have the option to redownload.
6. Redownload the game!

Directions for FBIv2.1:
2. Have the .tik file of the game you want to download somewhere on your SD card.
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it. Keep track of the title ID for the ticket you just installed.
4. Still in FBI navigate to the 'Tickets' option and find the Title ID of the .tik you just installed.
5. Select Install from CDN!

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

You mean this tutorial I wrote on how to use FBI to install .tik files and then install from CDN was wrong?

3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it.
6. Redownload the game!

Directions for FBIv2.1:
3. In FBIv2 select the SD option and navigate to where the (Gamename).tik file is located on your SD card and install it. Keep track of the title ID for the ticket you just installed.
4. Still in FBI navigate to the 'Tickets' option and find the Title ID of the .tik you just installed.

Thing about this is that if you installed from the 1k tickets, when i check the Tickets, it only displays until the "00040002012FF01" then it doesnt let me go further

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

6. Redownload the game!

Directions for FBIv2.1:
You must delete the bad ticket before installing a new one. Doesnt mater if you reinstall it using FBI or another program.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing about this is that if you installed from the 1k tickets, when i check the Tickets, it only displays until the "00040002012FF01" then it doesnt let me go further
That's your own fault for installing over 500 Useless tickets.

If you want to fix it your best bet is to pull your ticket.db from a backup and inject it back into your current Nand

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
That's your own fault for installing over 500 Useless tickets.

If you want to fix it your best bet is to pull your ticket.db from a backup and inject it back into your current Nand
Good thing I have an very old backup (before I did A9LH) so I'll try that later

Question would doing it from an unmodified Emunand work?

QCLasky

Pro cat lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just go back to thos tickets and when you select it instead of deleting you can choose to reinstall from CDN

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So basically you are saying that I am wrong and don't know what I am talking about after doing EXTENSIVE testing with .tik files?
I didnt say that. What im trying to say is that if you want to install a good ticket you must delete the bad one.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

I didnt say that. What im trying to say is that if you want to install a good ticket you must delete the bad one.
Uh about that, I did that last time and it didn't work, I had to delete the EUR Smash tik file for it to download correctly

Unless I made it work by doing that AND installing a new ticket. I don't remember

Last edited by Tenshi_Okami,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am aware that English is not your main language. So I can forgive the misunderstanding. I was not talking about deleting the bad ticket. I was talking of being able to install from FBI without having to access the eshop.

But you cannot use any .tik files from out of region therefore they will be completely useless and will only dirty your ticket.db

Good thing I have an very old backup (before I did A9LH) so I'll try that later

Question would doing it from an unmodified Emunand work?
Um... Only if it is from the same nand file. Did you swap your emunand for updated SysNand? if so then It could work. I would reccomend making a BACKUP before you do any kind of experimenting. ANd make sure you have D( as a launch option from your A9LH manager

Reactions: QCLasky

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Tenshi_Okami I must apologize. It has recently come to light that you can use ANY regions tik files to download with. I was lead to believe otherwise with what I believe to have been bad .tik files that didn't allow me to download before. So again I'm sorry.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@Tenshi_Okami I must apologize. It has recently come to light that you can use ANY regions tik files to download with. I was lead to believe otherwise with what I believe to have been bad .tik files that didn't allow me to download before. So again I'm sorry.
So that means that the developer made a mistake and is giving us so much tik files that is making our ticket.db "dirty"

We need to warn the developer..

Also it's perfectly fine :P I don't mind

UPDATE: I experimented a little and I backed up my ticket.db from my emunand (not modified) and I copied it to the SysNand. I can confirm that it worked perfectly

Last edited by Tenshi_Okami,
Reactions: Xenosaiga

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... Only if it is from the same nand file.
Not true. I manually did a system transfer and was able to move my ticket.db from my o3ds to my n3ds. All "legit" CIAs I had installed on the old one were listed in the eshop redownloadable software section. Something in Movable.sed seems to control whether it works or not, and I'm not sure what, because you can also move between emunand and sysnand at any time and it works that way as well (if nands are unlinked, the movable.sed is slightly different).

Just to re-confirm... @Tenshi_Okami are your nands unlinked?

EDIT: and for further clarification, manually doing a system transfer involves an edit (or two) of movable.sed, and the movable.sed is moved to the new system as well, triggering the initial setup that a system transfer does.

Last edited by urherenow,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true. I manually did a system transfer and was able to move my ticket.db from my o3ds to my n3ds. All "legit" CIAs I had installed on the old one were listed in the eshop redownloadable software section. Something in Movable.sed seems to control whether it works or not, and I'm not sure what, because you can also move between emunand and sysnand at any time and it works that way as well (if nands are unlinked, the movable.sed is slightly different).

I'll admit I dont know as Much as I would like but it was my general knowledge that only things from the sama nand would work. I have no idea how you would get a nand from one system working on another but If you know how you need to share that. I always love learning new things! (I am not being sarcastic. I truly would like to learn new things)

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Yep they are :3 I don't like to re-open the presents everytime xD

Plus I have A9LH so I can just delete my Emunand but I'm scared that something bad happens in the future so

I'll admit I dont know as Much as I would like but it was my general knowledge that only things from the sama nand would work. I have no idea how you would get a nand from one system working on another but If you know how you need to share that. I always love learning new things! (I am not being sarcastic. I truly would like to learn new things)
I believe that the ticket.db is coded by Console Specific code and not NAND specific code, reason that it's easy to transfer from EmuNAND to SysNAND

Reactions: MelonGx

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a tutorial or two here somewhere, but I can't remember where. I used one from here that explicitly tells you what to do with movable.sed for a system transfer, and I used that information to write my own tutorial here: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...ter-failed-transfer-NNID-already-transferred)

If you restore a nand backup from before you did the transfer, you can end up with an identical setup on 2 different 3dses, including the ability to read the same SD card contents (although, the ID0 and ID1 folder names would be different, so you have to move files between the two). The ONLY thing that would not work on the old machine is NNID, since that is console specific on the server side.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a tutorial or two here somewhere, but I can't remember where. I used one from here that explicitly tells you what to do with movable.sed for a system transfer, and I used that information to write my own tutorial here: http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...ter-failed-transfer-NNID-already-transferred)
Thats an impressive read. I skimmed it and just from that I see it is a very very very delicate process that requires a bit more finesse than the average user has. Glad im not doing a system transfer anytime in the near future

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats an impressive read. I skimmed it and just from that I see it is a very very very delicate process that requires a bit more finesse than the average user has. Glad im not doing a system transfer anytime in the near future
To be fair, it's also a very old read, and it's so much easier now with tools such as the current decrypt9 and JKSM and such. We've come an awful long way in a year!

Edit: and I just noticed you mentioned out of region .tik files. I honestly don't see why that wouldn't work, since FBI uses CDN (should be same as using your PC to download and create a .cia first, then install). Have you tried this from within a current Luma3ds build? It's completely region free...

Reactions: Xenosaiga

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Tickets cannot be deleted.
FBIv2's delete function is actually a disable function - to disable current ticket.
FBIv2 can't physically delete the ticket - the disabled tickets can still be browsed by ticket.db browsers.
Nintendo can detect them for gathering users' pirating evidences.

The only deleting method is RESTORING A CLEAN TICKET.DB BACKUP.
If you don't have it, then GAME OVER.
You can't restore other console's ticket.db otherwise your NAND will brick.

Urherenow's method
- Move NAND://DATA/ and movable.sed from Source to Target
works. But it's nothing related to tickets.
His method has a precondition - You have performed a ST but it failed on progress.
That means, the ticket has already transferred from Source to Target on Nintendo Server side.
That's the reason his Target can re-recognized everything by logging in to e-shop.

If you just manually replacing Target's Data folder & Movable.sed with Source's, without doing a ST, then when your Target login to E-shop, everything will be disabled because tickets are still tied to Source on server side.

For TLKs & Legit CIAs, which are "legit" on client side but illegal on server side,
if local tickets are transferred from Source to Target during the ST, then these stuffs may be able to be transferred,
if local tickets aren't transferred, every ticket need to be downloaded from server, then these stuffs don't.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: Selver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O