[DEBUNKED] Possible New Wii U Tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As Lazyt said, I'm pretty sure that exact footage was in the launch MK8 ads here in Australia also . If it is a redesign (personally i doubt it but who knows), it isn't that new.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
My p.o.v. IT IS!!! You know it's gonna be 3DS/2DS compatible, you can plug in your 3DS games and play, if you have a 3D TV in 3D and when not it's like a 2DS, except the second non touch screen is your TV and the lower touch from the 3Ds is the new Wii-U Gamepad!!

I can totally see this comming!!! It's gonna be Totally AWESOME!!!
Sorry, i let my imagination go!
Nothing new to see here :P

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Here's a better idea, why not a Wii u pad that can play games by itself?

you mean like this? (sorry about picture size)
large.jpg

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Wouldn't care unless the resolution is increased. My one significant beef with the Wii U is that they didn't go full 1080 on the gamepad display.

The GPU can only do so much. You don't simply put in a higher resolution screen in the controller and suddenly everything is better. Now you have to drive TWO 1080p displays with a GPU that was meant to drive one 1080p display and one 480p display.

the thing is that if you increase the gamepad resolution so does the bandwidth required and the latency, those are precious resources you cant waste and nintendo did a magnificent job giving a lagless experience.
that is also the reason they don't want to support 2 gamepads at the same time and why the reach of the signal is so short.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Except this "air" presents an image of a physical device that is, at the least, clearly not the Wii U controller that is currently available. I mean, using the blur as an excuse to not see the easily identifiable differences just seems silly to me. These differences can't be explained away by the screenshot blur that still leaves a perfectly recognizable shape and features.

I'll wait for an official announcement, if one ever comes along. Personally, I just don't see it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You realize that's not how video editing works, right? They lined up the shot to begin with to get everything that they wanted to. They didn't need to edit the proportions of the game pad for a 1/2 second shot that doesn't show anything of importance on the game pad or really in the background. As well, Nintendo wouldn't advertise a game pad that is not the game pad they have for sale or that they don't intend to sell at some point. That also makes no sense. Why show somebody a product you aren't selling them, even if only for a moment, a moment people will clearly recognize?

I wasn't talking about reducing the size after the video was shot. Since the commercial was about Mario kart, THAT was what needed to be shown. That guy could have held a book or a wooden block for all we know.

Besides... Are you seriously saying they 'showed a product' (aside from the game)? A blurry image shown for less than half a second? Man... I know Nintendo doesn't have the best marketing team in the world, but you're exaggerating 'slightly'.
As pointed out, the thing is 6 months old. If it was supposed to be some hidden hint, they 'd had announced it by now.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
hoping for capacative screen , better connection range , wii games control , compatability with exisiting pad . Or it could be bullshit.
If Nintendo wanted they could make the GamePad compatible with Wii-controller games but they won't.

This MK8 advert is old and nothing new really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFe0CCeTDd8