[DEBUNKED] Possible New Wii U Tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to my completely non scientific eyeing up of that image the new screen looks 16 cm wide and 9 cm tall. That's 2 cm wider and 1 cm taller than the old one?

Wouldn't care unless the resolution is increased. My one significant beef with the Wii U is that they didn't go full 1080 on the gamepad display.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
lol This is not even grasping at straws. More like grasping at air.
Except this "air" presents an image of a physical device that is, at the least, clearly not the Wii U controller that is currently available. I mean, using the blur as an excuse to not see the easily identifiable differences just seems silly to me. These differences can't be explained away by the screenshot blur that still leaves a perfectly recognizable shape and features.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
they didn't have a wii u pad for the film set so they used someone's tablet and said "eh we'll blur it, no one will tell the difference".

I hope this thing comes out sooner than later if it's real. Nintendo needs whatever it can take at this point. Maybe It'll come in the new financial year? around May?
IMO it doesn't really need a huge E3 reveal and months of marketing/hype, just release it and pretend the Wii U was supposed to be this new version.

Edit: I heard someone say that maybe they added the screen in afterwards and simply didn't get the size correct.

Here's a rough mock up comparing the gamepads.

54573.png

I added the bar across the one at the bottom so you can see it's the same width. It's not aligned perfectly because I didn't want to obstruct the view of the screen's edge. (it should be up higher)

I think the edge on the top right looks a bit different on the supposedly new one. Looks sharper.
17264.png

I'm not sure.

Reactions: Veho
D

Deleted User

Interesting. It looks nicer than the current ones. Bigger screens, for me are easier to pay attention to, also it looks like it's possibly slimmer. But as far as we know right now, it could be a Japan-only thing, because Japan almost always gets all the sw33t l00t when it comes to video games. I could even give some examples!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an iPad 3 five weeks before the ipad 4 was released. I just bought a Wii U. Therefor this is legit and I am getting screwed again. :)

Reactions: Drak0rex

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This is stupid. They probably changed things just for the commercial, so it doesn't fill up the whole screen.
You realize that's not how video editing works, right? They lined up the shot to begin with to get everything that they wanted to. They didn't need to edit the proportions of the game pad for a 1/2 second shot that doesn't show anything of importance on the game pad or really in the background. As well, Nintendo wouldn't advertise a game pad that is not the game pad they have for sale or that they don't intend to sell at some point. That also makes no sense. Why show somebody a product you aren't selling them, even if only for a moment, a moment people will clearly recognize?

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just derping around in the editing room. You can see it's a standard GamePad later in the ad.

Notice how the shot of the GamePad was blurred. More likely than not, the game footage they pasted onto that one shot was accidentally improperly sized. So, instead of fixing it they just blurred the two second shot hoping people wouldn't notice. For what it's worth, I recall this same footage being used for a previous ad from months ago. If it was a new GamePad we would have heard something by now.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo at this point really should just make Gamepad optional (unbundle it) and lower the price of Wii U to increase the sales.

You still do not get it. The gamepad is not optional. The base console + gamepad = WiiU gamesystem.
It's not just a controller, it's a integral part of the system in wich you can acces and edit system settings.
Wii-mote, nunchuck, cc pro, wiiU controller Pro are optional but in a way are mandatory in couch multiplayer games.

It comes down to this: the gamepad can be an optional controller but, is manadory for the WiiU gamesystem.
Some games may relay to the specific features the gamepad can only provide, or can be used in conjuction with other input ootions.
WiiU base console + gamepad = 1 device.

Gameplayer9198

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like they took the hands holding a 3ds xl then shrunk the gamepad size to fit then placed the pic of the gamepad screenshot and blurred the crap out of it

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't care unless the resolution is increased. My one significant beef with the Wii U is that they didn't go full 1080 on the gamepad display.

The GPU can only do so much. You don't simply put in a higher resolution screen in the controller and suddenly everything is better. Now you have to drive TWO 1080p displays with a GPU that was meant to drive one 1080p display and one 480p display.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What.. Why Nintendo? Release Pro Controller Plus with analogue triggers!

The Wii U GamePad is already big enough as it is and if I wanted it any bigger I'll play on the TV.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yet, it's still the same advert.

The blurred GamePad on the advert looks smaller and thinner rather than what others were hoping it to be (bigger).

Lazyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yes and why nobody noticed this before? This comercial was aired in many countries in EU (about half-year ago). So there is no new Gamepad then.

Reactions: pelago

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yes and why nobody noticed this before? This comercial was aired in many countries in EU (about half-year ago). So there is no new Gamepad then.
There's also that they're promoting Mario Kart 8 and that game's kinda old now so it would've been Smash or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm