Hardware Debating on if the N3ds is worth it? here's my options on mine.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off sorry if in wrong the section.

In my Option i think the N3ds is a very necessary upgrade and here's why.

1. It really is faster, Boots up very fast+ with a good Class 10 microSD load time is also fast.
  2. The head tracking 3D feature is amazing! now i can leave the 3d on all the time and it dosent hurt my eyes anymore. It really makes me feel like im playing an Nintendo "3DS" for the first time! Also i feel that the games have a little more graphics while the 3d is on.
  3. the new C-stick is god sent! with that little accurate second analog nub there it makes the N3ds feel more of a complete system ready for hardcore games, and its a must for games that need camera panning like monster hunter 4, i hardly played MH4 on my O3ds because the camera panning was hard and i wanted to play in 3d but now on my N3ds i play everyday! camera control with the c stick is extremely helpful and can make your experience much easier.
  4. In tec terms the reason behind the N3ds's speed is the new beefier processor and chipset with the clock speed and video card at double of what it was! (this is only leaked info so theirs no guarantee that its 100% accurate,Gamelist is defiantly not accurate)
    u6z7qidd.jpg
  5. (One of my favorites) Theirs no more extra memory mode. (thats good news for gateway users like myself) before when you launched a extra memory game like monster hunter or super smash bros 4 the 3ds use to go into extra memory mode to support these big games and when you quit it would reboot the 3ds. but because of the extra power of the N3ds it can quickly quit those games back to the homescreen like any other game and not reboot!
  6. N3ds also now has adaptive brightness (while 3D is on) i like this because i wont have to go back and forth to the home menu to change brightness while i play in different environments.
  7. Exclusive games, depending on if you care about it theres going to be more unique games for the N3ds, for now the list is small but their will be more, not to mention the hybrid games that detect if your using a N3ds like smash bros 4, monster hunter 4 and zelda majoras mask 3d.
well theres my reasons i love the N3ds but keep in mind that one con is that if your a gateway user you MUST have a retail copy of cubic ninja or certain versions of legend of zelda ocarina of time 3D to launch the exploit. and these games aren't cheep anymore, you might have a better time finding cubic ninja, i looked online and there like 30-40$ BUT if your lucky a gamestore may have it for 20. I found one last copy for 20 in a gamestop.
but the positive to this is that ether of those exploits are offline based ones (only need to connect once to setup the exploit then delete the internet connection and re add blanks once completed)
i brought my red N3ds on 2/28/15 and it came with FW 9.0. but the longer you wait the more impossible it will become to get a low FW seeing how nintendo is already launching the new wave of N3ds's

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off sorry if in wrong the section.

In my Option i think the N3ds is a very necessary upgrade and here's why.

1. It really is faster, Boots up very fast+ with a good Class 10 microSD load time is also fast.
  2. The head tracking 3D feature is amazing! now i can leave the 3d on all the time and it dosent hurt my eyes anymore. It really makes me feel like im playing an Nintendo "3DS" for the first time! Also i feel that the games have a little more graphics while the 3d is on.
  3. the new C-stick is god sent! with that little accurate second analog nub there it makes the N3ds feel more of a complete system ready for hardcore games, and its a must for games that need camera panning like monster hunter 4, i hardly played MH4 on my O3ds because the camera panning was hard and i wanted to play in 3d but now on my N3ds i play everyday! camera control with the c stick is extremely helpful and can make your experience much easier.
  4. In tec terms the reason behind the N3ds's speed is the new beefier processor and chipset with the clock speed and video card at double of what it was! (this is only leaked info so theirs no guarantee that its 100% accurate,Gamelist is defiantly not accurate)
    u6z7qidd.jpg
  5. (One of my favorites) Theirs no more extra memory mode. (thats good news for gateway users like myself) before when you launched a extra memory game like monster hunter or super smash bros 4 the 3ds use to go into extra memory mode to support these big games and when you quit it would reboot the 3ds. but because of the extra power of the N3ds it can quickly quit those games back to the homescreen like any other game and not reboot!
  6. N3ds also now has adaptive brightness (while 3D is on) i like this because i wont have to go back and forth to the home menu to change brightness while i play in different environments.
  7. Exclusive games, depending on if you care about it theres going to be more unique games for the N3ds, for now the list is small but their will be more, not to mention the hybrid games that detect if your using a N3ds like smash bros 4, monster hunter 4 and zelda majoras mask 3d.
well theres my reasons i love the N3ds but keep in mind that one con is that if your a gateway user you MUST have a retail copy of cubic ninja or certain versions of legend of zelda ocarina of time 3D to launch the exploit. and these games aren't cheep anymore, you might have a better time finding cubic ninja, i looked online and there like 30-40$ BUT if your lucky a gamestore may have it for 20. I found one last copy for 20 in a gamestop.

but the positive to this is that ether of those exploits are offline based ones (only need to connect once to setup the exploit then delete the internet connection and re add blanks once completed)
i brought my red N3ds on 2/28/15 and it came with FW 9.0. but the longer you wait the more impossible it will become to get a low FW seeing how nintendo is already launching the new wave of N3ds's

Depends as for me personally it isn't worth it for me when I could get the future 3ds successor which will probably play n3ds exclusives, plus after the dsi , I think I'll just use launch consoles

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am still looking towards a New 3DS XL one day but my current 3DS XL still has plenty of life in it. If they announce a new limited edition 3DS XL for the new Fire Emblem game, I would be all over that. I will admit that over time, the system does feel a little sluggish with the firmware updates and the digital games it has to load up. Even a faster SD card doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Depends as for me personally it isn't worth it for me when I could get the future 3ds successor which will probably play n3ds exclusives, plus after the dsi , I think I'll just use launch consoles
But the successor to the 3ds's successor will have even more amazing features. We should all wait for that one. (or maybe it's successor?)

Now excuse me while I place my pre-order for the 7DS and the Wii Z.

powersaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If history repeats itself very few games will come out that are exclusive to the N3DS, so it's necessity comes down to that and if you need the "New" version for some other functional and/or aesthetic reason.

D

Deleted User

I don't plan on buying a N3DS XL any time soon.
I only will when an exclusive game I want is released.

...super mario sunshine 3d

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you trade in your old 3DS or sell it and get a good price for it, I'd say the upgrade is worth it.

Those specs are at least partially wrong, I'm pretty sure the n3DS is confirmed to be quad core as some hackers found things in the n3DS code in firmware that points towards it being quad core. I'd guess it's the same clock speed or maybe slightly higher and they just doubled the cores.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn