Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
sinharvest24 said:
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:
Death is a funny thing. I've been thinking about eternal return a lot lately and I can finally say I've found something scarier than death. Having exactly the same life over and over every time the universe is reborn for eternity would be fucking horrible, even if we never were aware of it.
It kind of is. For some reason, I have this strange feeling of deja vu every once in a while, like I really did something I've never done in my life before, but it feels so familiar.

I'm Buddhist, and I believe in reincarnation and karma and everything, but I'm still not quite sure about the thought of reincarnation. I mean, it is pretty freaky all of the strange cases that happen that may relate to reincarnation, but it still makes me puzzled. Although I'm puzzled, I strongly believe in my religion and respect others, and since buddhism is based on compassion, I'm proud to be a buddhist. I find it sad though, how others stereotype anothers religion, like how people look at muslims and think "terrorist", or others look at buddhism, without any knowledge of that religion, and still look down on it.
lol, dude i got the deja vu feeling just this morning. I wonder what causes this feeling because i'm sure a lot of us get ths feeling every once in a while. It's quite a random and mis-understood feeling that needs to be figured out.

no. its got to do with short term and long term memory. i can't remember the exact details but i'm 99% sure its no mystery

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:
Death is a funny thing. I've been thinking about eternal return a lot lately and I can finally say I've found something scarier than death. Having exactly the same life over and over every time the universe is reborn for eternity would be fucking horrible, even if we never were aware of it.
It kind of is. For some reason, I have this strange feeling of deja vu every once in a while, like I really did something I've never done in my life before, but it feels so familiar.

I'm Buddhist, and I believe in reincarnation and karma and everything, but I'm still not quite sure about the thought of reincarnation. I mean, it is pretty freaky all of the strange cases that happen that may relate to reincarnation, but it still makes me puzzled. Although I'm puzzled, I strongly believe in my religion and respect others, and since buddhism is based on compassion, I'm proud to be a buddhist. I find it sad though, how others stereotype anothers religion, like how people look at muslims and think "terrorist", or others look at buddhism, without any knowledge of that religion, and still look down on it.

Hm, that feeling could be explained by eternal return... not that I'm necessarily a supporter.
I'm happy that you take pride in your religion and gain happiness from it.
I agree... people are ignorant, and are conditioned to think certain ways (even if the conditioning isn't intentional).

sinharvest24 said:
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:

lol, dude i got the deja vu feeling just this morning. I wonder what causes this feeling because i'm sure a lot of us get ths feeling every once in a while. It's quite a random and mis-understood feeling that needs to be figured out.

It's certainly an odd feeling.

30084pm said:
QUOTE(sinharvest24 @ Apr 8 2011, 04:11 PM) QUOTE(Hikaru @ Apr 8 2011, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE(CA519705950 @ Apr 8 2011, 09:44 AM)

no. its got to do with short term and long term memory. i can't remember the exact details but i'm 99% sure its no mystery
There are both mundane and extramundane explanations. Neither has really led to a complete understanding of déjà vu. I guess one's stance is based on belief.

gengertheghost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wolvenreign said:
Allow me to relate to you an interesting story involving death, one which is still unveiling.

January 9, 1956: A baby is born to the Avillas, a family in Honolulu, Hawaii. He is the youngest of a family of 3 boys and 3 girls, with only his mother around to care for him. They named him Thomas, after the doubting Thomas of Christian biblical fame. His sisters names are Paulette, Laverne, and most importantly, Victoria. His brothers' names are Jim and Mike.

The Avillas were far from privledged, and Thomas grew up being bullied by Jim. Mike, however, was mostly a loner, and kept away from his family. There are more lurid details involving Mike, but perhaps I'll save it for another time.

One of his family members loved him the most, however; his sister, Victoria. They went through thick and thin in the ever-changing ghettos of Hawaii, facing off against everything from bullies to gangsters to drug lords. Even as Thomas turned to crime, and even stole Victoria's jewelry, she still loved him dearly.

...However, their adventures would soon come to a tragic end. Victoria had married a navy man, and they had planned to move to California. Thomas and Victoria said a tearful goodbye...but perhaps it wasn't tearful enough.

In the summer of '84, Thomas Avilla was shot three times in the chest by a gang lord known to the police only as "Lord Brown". (This was evidenced by his style of shooting; a shot in the left shoulder, right shoulder, and heart were his trademarks.) Evidently, Thomas had been stealing one too many grams of Mary Jane, and had now payed far more than it's black market price. Victoria is inconsolable.

2 years later, the gaping hole in Victoria's heart cried out for a son, though she already had three daughters. She was unfortunately barren, however, as she had opted to have her tubes tied years before. Her only choice was adoption.

The Christian adoption agency was skeptical of this 40-something year old woman's claim that she would make an acceptable mother; there's such a thing as crow's feet, but this woman clearly had spider-crow's feet. She claimed that she was energetic enough, however, and they were convinced of her sincerity. There was only one boy available for adoption, the yet-unborn David Brown Jr., son of David and Dana Brown. The court had ordered them to give up their children as they had been beating them with curtain rods. Victoria accepted.

A week later, David Brown was born; but Victoria had other plans for his name. She named him Thomas after her departed brother, and thought solemnly of him every time she held him. She even told him an old phrase that Tom used to say to her when they were still young and running about the ghettos of Hawaii. "Ay, kid...we gonna have a good run, you and me. Let's stick tagada, and tru 'da haze of it all, and we'll always have blue skies and palm trees."
sad.gif

I am that child. I am Thomas Roehrman, and to this day, I look exactly like Thomas Avilla. Even though I was adopted and have no biological links to my mother, I have copied his style and everything about him without even knowing it. Death is funny like that; all that really happens is that you've finished making your impressions on others, and that you've completed your memory. But it isn't the end, the impressions you leave behind reverberate throughout the universe, and sometimes, they gather in a single location, creating a new person in your image.

Oh, and get this; the name "Tom" means..."twin".
Brilliant, that was beautiful. Make it a seperate blog post.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CA519705950 said:
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:

Hm, that feeling could be explained by eternal return... not that I'm necessarily a supporter.
I agree... people are ignorant, and are conditioned to think certain ways (even if the conditioning isn't intentional).

sinharvest24 said:
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:

30084pm said:

There are both mundane and extramundane explanations. Neither has really led to a complete understanding of déjà vu. I guess one's stance is based on belief.
I mean like, I remember once the feeling of deja vu when I was little, and I was going to some sort of hotel waterpark thing that I was going to for the first time, and strangely, I remembered that I have been there before, I knew where all of the rooms were and everything. I even met a kid there, and I knew his name before he even told me X-x

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:

sinharvest24 said:
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:

30084pm said:

I mean like, I remember once the feeling of deja vu when I was little, and I was going to some sort of hotel waterpark thing that I was going to for the first time, and strangely, I remembered that I have been there before, I knew where all of the rooms were and everything. I even met a kid there, and I knew his name before he even told me X-x
I think that's when things get seriously weird. That's certainly very interesting.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CA519705950 said:
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:

sinharvest24 said:
Hikaru said:
CA519705950 said:

30084pm said:

I think that's when things get seriously weird. That's certainly very interesting.
Yes, I know. And the room number was vaguely familiar as well, Room 121, quite easy to remember, and because of that experience, I can still remember it. And to think, that event took place about 7 years ago, meaning I was 6 at the time.

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard that to understand deja vu you have to liken your brain to a computer. When your computer is doing too many things or has "crashed", there is a delay between moving the mouse and the on screen pointer moving. Apparently when the brain is processing too many things (or something along those lines) the eyes see an image and send it to the brain, which kind of has a slight look at them and stores them in your sensory memory (which lasts milliseconds), once the brain resumes normal service, it looks back at what you've seen, very slightly after you've seen it (this whole process happens in less than a second).
oh and when you die there's nothing.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
L-Lawliet said:
I heard that to understand deja vu you have to liken your brain to a computer. When your computer is doing too many things or has "crashed", there is a delay between moving the mouse and the on screen pointer moving. Apparently when the brain is processing too many things (or something along those lines) the eyes see an image and send it to the brain, which kind of has a slight look at them and stores them in your sensory memory (which lasts milliseconds), once the brain resumes normal service, it looks back at what you've seen, very slightly after you've seen it (this whole process happens in less than a second).
oh and when you die there's nothing.
nice explanation there. I always thought it would be something much more eerie than this but what you said make sense.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone sees death in their own way. My religion has us dying and our being moves into the Lifestream, where we live out the rest of our existence as souls. Some go back without their memories, some go back and regain them, completing their lives, and some just stay in the Lifestream for eternity, a place that can hold more people than the Earth.

But, here's the thing- you don't even know you're dead, and you can't even do anything- you need a body to live, even as a soul.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I am a bit afraid of death. I really enjoy my life, and someone said something that really got to me: "Life is just a brief grey flash between two eternities of black." That was when I really started thinking about it, and I don't really believe in an afterlife, so it depresses me to think that one day I'll be gone and that's it, everything will just end. I don't want to accept that my life will eventually end and I'll never think and feel again, but (as of now) there's nothing I can do about it, so I've made it my philosophy to just enjoy my life as much as I possibly can.

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on a serious note i do want to live on or have something like a heaven you can say after death, basically a life after death. but question is, wouldnt death be the same as if you never existed?? as in before you were bron there was nothing, you do not remeber anything at all before you are born, how did we get to nothingness to being born? now people will think nothingness would be torture, but really it isnt. there is no conscoius in nothing, you dont feel anything, there is nothing at all blank, time is of no matter. maybe after death there is nothing, and we wont be tortured by it because we will see, hear, or feel anything at all, but i would really like there to be something after my death, even if it means hell then i know how its like, unless we get reborn thats a whole nother stroy. started thinking about this when i saw my grandfather pass away on his bed with my family around him. I was wondering what happens after death, do we just cease to exist?? do our souls live on?? this topic can indeed get very deep.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
junkerde said:
on a serious note i do want to live on or have something like a heaven you can say after death, basically a life after death. but question is, wouldnt death be the same as if you never existed?? as in before you were bron there was nothing, you do not remeber anything at all before you are born, how did we get to nothingness to being born? now people will think nothingness would be torture, but really it isnt. there is no conscoius in nothing, you dont feel anything, there is nothing at all blank, time is of no matter. maybe after death there is nothing, and we wont be tortured by it because we will see, hear, or feel anything at all, but i would really like there to be something after my death, even if it means hell then i know how its like, unless we get reborn thats a whole nother stroy. started thinking about this when i saw my grandfather pass away on his bed with my family around him. I was wondering what happens after death, do we just cease to exist?? do our souls live on?? this topic can indeed get very deep.
The first half of what you posted is exactly what I fear: it'd be just like before we were born. All those thousands of years I was incapable of thought or feeling, and am only aware that things existed before my memory started to function because others have said that it's so. Obviously if this is true, once I die it won't matter because I won't be able to think about it. I just wish I could live on to see the distant future, and continue thinking and feeling. It's very possible that one day I won't want to live forever, but I truly wish I could spend all eternity in the state of mind and body I possess at the present.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...